Combining the slimming properties of cinnamon with those of honey allows us to obtain an incredible infusion to reduce abdominal fat more quickly and eliminate localized fat deposits in other parts of the body. In addition to its positive effects for weight loss, this natural remedy is also ideal for strengthening the immune system, obtaining extra energy and, ultimately, improving our health. To be able to benefit the most from all this, it is important to know how to prepare cinnamon and honey tea to lose weightand how to incorporate it into our daily diet, which, of course, should be as balanced and low in fat as possible. Not forgetting, in addition, that it will also be necessary to exercise regularly to lose those extra kilos and be toned. We found out all about it in this FastlyHealarticle!
Table of Contents
Benefits of cinnamon and honey tea for fast weight loss
The cinnamon and honey tea is an ideal preparation to lose weight in the belly and other parts of the body because both ingredients help to burn more fat and accelerate the metabolism. And it is that with this combination, it is possible to combine in a single drink the carminative and thermogenic effects of cinnamon with the excellent properties of honey that allow to regulate blood sugar levels and reduce anxiety about eating sweet foods.
Let’s see below what are the properties of cinnamon and honey to lose weight separately to be clear about what benefits the consumption of this infusion is going to bring us and how it is going to help us in weight loss.
Properties of cinnamon to lose weight
- It allows to regulate blood glucose levels , which helps to reduce the amount of insulin in the body and, therefore, the body stores less fat, which translates into faster and more efficient weight loss.
- It has thermogenic properties, which means that, when consumed, it acts in the body by increasing the temperature and accelerating the metabolism. Therefore, fat burning happens more quickly.
- By stimulating kidney function, it helps combat fluid retention by eliminating all those accumulated fluids that end up causing edema and other symptoms such as heaviness.
- Improves the health of the digestive system by regulating intestinal transit and reducing abdominal inflammation.
- It is a good food to reduce bad cholesterol levels and increase good cholesterol, as it helps metabolize carbohydrates, preventing them from turning into fat.
Properties of honey to lose weight
- It is slowly absorbed, which allows, unlike sugar, that the blood glucose level is not altered and that, consequently, saturated fat does not appear.
- It helps to make sleep more restful and to reduce stress and anxiety, which undoubtedly also has a very close link in our relationship with food.
- It quenches the desire to eat sweet or high-calorie foods.
- Provides a greater feeling of satiety.
- Provides a lot of energy, improving physical performance during physical workouts.
Cinnamon and honey tea recipe for weight loss
The following recipe is ideal to take advantage of all the properties of cinnamon and honey to lose weight. In addition, its regular consumption is also very beneficial for the health of the body in general , since, among other things, it helps to raise the defenses, improves the health of the joints and reduces the chances of suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
Next, we show how to prepare cinnamon and honey tea to lose weight , indicating what ingredients you need and all the steps to follow.
- 1/2 small spoonful of ground cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon of honey, preferably organic. This can be found in stores specializing in the sale of natural products.
- 1 cup of hot water.
- In a saucepan, pour the equivalent of 1 cup of hot water.
- When the water has become very hot and is about to boil, we remove it from the heat. It is important that it does not reach the boiling point.
- At that time, we add the cinnamon and honey and stir so that they dissolve completely in the water.
- Let the infusion rest for about 10 minutes and then pour it into a cup, it will be ready to drink!
How to drink cinnamon and honey tea to lose weight
For the fat burning and slimming effects of this drink to be greater, it is best to take 2 cups of cinnamon and honey tea a day to lose weight , drinking a cup half an hour before breakfast (on an empty stomach) and another half an hour before to go to sleep. It can be taken at a warm or completely cold temperature, as preferred.
However, it is important to bear in mind that the results will be visible if the consumption of this infusion is accompanied by a healthy, low-calorie diet and the regular practice of physical activity. In the following article we give the keys to how a hypocaloric diet should be .
Cinnamon and honey tea: contraindications
Before starting to take cinnamon and honey tea to lose weight, it is very important to find out about its contraindications and possible adverse effects, since its consumption is not recommended in the following cases:
- Pregnant women, since cinnamon is a spice that can be abortive.
- People with liver problems.
- Those who are taking blood-thinning or anti-inflammatory medications.
- Those who are under medical treatment to control blood glucose levels.
Likewise, it is not advisable to ingest more than 2 cups a day or consume excessively this tea.
Variants of cinnamon and honey tea to lose weight belly
And if our desire is to burn more fat in the abdominal area and get rid of love handles in the belly, there are some variants of this infusion that can offer us very good results:
- Cinnamon, honey and lemon tea : prepare the infusion by boiling the equivalent of 1 glass of water and remove from the heat when it reaches the boiling point. Let stand until warm and add 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 small tablespoon of ground cinnamon and the juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon. Stir and drink. Lemon is very diuretic and helps eliminate toxins and fluids, as well as increasing fat burning.
- Cinnamon, honey and ginger tea: grate 1 slice of ginger root and place it in a saucepan with the equivalent of 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Also add 1 cinnamon stick and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes. After that time, strain and add 1 small tablespoon of honey. Ginger is an ingredient that speeds up metabolism, burns more fat and provides a lot of satiety.
In the following article we show other infusions to burn abdominal fat .
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Cinnamon and honey tea for weight loss – benefits and recipe , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.