Many people are used to dieting but, at dinner time, they do not know very well how to eat and this is the reason why their results are not as expected. We must bear in mind that the body works like a machine and that the calories in food are the “gasoline” it uses to get through the day. At dinner time, physical activity is considerably reduced, therefore, you also have to reduce calories and, above all, avoid as much as possible some foods that, if not burned, turn into saturated fats.
In this FastlyHealarticle we are going to discover the best dinners to lose weight by giving you a list of the foods that are allowed during this time of the day as well as those that are totally prohibited.
Table of Contents
Forbidden foods at dinner
To understand why it is important to take care of the food we eat during dinner time, it is essential that we remember that the calories we ingest with food are responsible for transforming them into energy in our body to be able to do all daily activities: walking, cleaning, working, shopping, and so on.
For this reason, the popular phrase ” Eat breakfast like a king, eat with a prince and have dinner like a beggar ” is one of the best sayings to understand how our body works in relation to the use of food and it is that in the morning It is when we need more calories and, nevertheless, at night at least because our body prepares to sleep and you hardly burn calories during those hours.
This does not mean that we should suppress dinner because it is essential that we eat dinner but that we control the calories that we introduce into the body. We have to eat dinner to suppress hunger but also to keep our metabolism working throughout the day and thus burn calories. But, as we have already told you, there are a series of foods that you should NOT eat because they contain many calories or fats that the body will not be able to use. Here are the foods to avoid during dinner :
- Sugars or processed foods : pastries, salty snacks (chips, bread sticks, etc.) are ingredients that you should avoid as much as possible during dinner time and, in general, you should avoid consuming them as much as possible because they do not provide nutrients and they do provide many calories and components harmful to health (white sugar, trans fats, salt, etc.).
- Carbohydrates : as a general rule, all people who want to lose weight or maintain their weight should stop eating carbohydrates after lunch. That is, ingredients such as pasta, rice, bread, potato, etc., should be taken only during breakfast and lunch and avoided the rest of the day. Why? Because they contain a large amount of energy that, if not used, ends up being converted into glucose and, by not burning, this becomes saturated fat.
- Lettuce : salads are allowed during dinner, but if you want to lose weight, make sure that they do not contain lettuce. The reason is that this vegetable is rich in insoluble fiber, something that, at night, can cause poor digestion in addition to causing gas or bloating. If you like salads, choose to make a tomato with cucumber, for example, and save the lettuce for the morning.
- Sausage : many people tend to end the day eating some cheese, ham or Iberian ham as a “snack”. However, this habit is totally counterproductive if you are looking to lose weight since sausage is a type of food that is very greasy so that the body can metabolize it during the last hour of the day. It is best to save these foods for the first hour of the day and, whenever you can, opt for light alternatives such as turkey or 0% cheese.
- Fruits : it seems inconsistent that fruit is part of a list of “prohibited foods” but, the truth is that this type of food is a simple carbohydrate and, as such, its sugar content is very high. This means that if they are not burned, it remains stored in the body in the form of saturated fat. If you want to lose weight, add fruits to your diet but avoid taking them late in the day.
Food allowed at dinner
Once we know everything that we should not eat during the last hour of the day, now, the next thing is that we indicate the best foods you can have for dinner . As you will see, the list that we will offer you is based on a type of products that have a satiating effect to, thus, make the feeling of hunger disappear but that hardly contain calories and are easy to digest, this is because, when we sleep, our metabolism It also reduces their work and this causes that if we eat too heavy meals, we feel bad, our stomach swells and we do not get enough rest.
- Cooked vegetables : vegetables are one of the most suitable ingredients to take at this time of day since they are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and contain almost no calories. This makes them an ideal option for dinner but you have to be careful because there are some that are indigestible, such as cabbages (cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc.) and others that do not digest well (such as the aforementioned lettuce. ). For this reason, it is recommended that the vegetables are cooked (boiled, grilled, baked, etc.) since, in this way, they are much easier for our body to digest and assimilate.
- Lean meats : among the best dinners to lose weight are proteins since they are a group of foods that offer us a large amount of nutrients, help to develop our muscles and, in addition, they can be low in fat. Not all meat is valid, for example, pork contains a lot of fat, the same as beef. In this sense, it is important that you know that the meats with less fat are turkey, chicken and rabbit, dishes that you can take calmly during the last moment of the day.
- White fish : Fish is also one of the best options for dinner since it is rich in protein and there is a group that is also low in fat. We refer to white, that is, hake, monkfish, sole, and so on. This type of option is perfect for dinner as it provides us with a large amount of nutrients and very few calories.
- Eggs : within the group of proteins we also highlight the egg since it is a great product to take during dinner. Of course: you must bear in mind that there are some people who do not feel good about having eggs for dinner because they find it indigestible, if this is your case, opt for any of the above options and leave this food for another time of day . If you want to lose weight, it is best to separate the egg white from the yolk and only eat the white, that is, the whitest part because the yolk contains a lot of fat.
- Low-fat dairy : 0% cheeses or yogurts can be part of your dinners if your stomach digests them well. It is a perfect option to give you a satiating effect without your body hardly noticing it since its caloric intake is very low.
In addition to all this that we have just indicated, you should know that dinner time and, in general, during all your meals you should opt for light recipes. What does it mean? Well, that you use little oil, that you put aside the sauces and that you replace the battered ones with grilled or baked dishes.
You can also team up with some natural alternatives that will help you burn fat. In On Salus we discover some natural fat burners to lose weight .
Examples of dinners to lose weight
Now that you know the basic tricks to be able to create your light dinners, below we are going to give you a series of options that you can apply in your daily menu and feel how, little by little, you are achieving your goal: lose weight. Keep in mind that the dishes that we are going to propose are examples, you can prepare your own menus following the guidelines that we have just indicated. Innovate in your kitchen and you will be able to eat healthy without getting bored!
- Vegetable broth (without pasta)
- 2-egg omelette with natural tuna (that is, without oil)
- Portion of fresh cheese 0%
- Tomato salad with asparagus and cucumber
- Baked hake with lemon
- Nonfat yogurt
- Carrot cream
- Grilled chicken breast with sauteed vegetables
- Nonfat yogurt
- Vegetables soup
- Baked pepper stuffed with tuna
- Boiled spinach garnished with lemon
- Chicken burgers with cheese 0%
- Skimmed strawberry yogurt
- Tomato soup – At On Salus we tell you everything about tomato soup to lose weight
- Scrambled eggs with vegetables
- Portion of fresh cheese 0%
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to The best dinners to lose weight , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.