One of the most famous diets out there is the pineapple diet since all it does is take advantage of the diuretic properties of this fruit to help us lose weight and purify the body. Remember that, among the many benefits that pineapple has, its enormous ability to help us cleanse the body stands out, reducing fluid retention and, therefore, reducing weight.
In this FastlyHealarticle, we will talk to you about the pineapple diet to understand how it helps us in weight loss. You can also discover the conditions to do it and see some examples of a menu that you can follow perfectly to lose weight.
Lose weight with pineapple
To understand what the pineapple diet is based on, we must know the properties that this fruit has to help us lose weight. First of all, we want to remind you that, in general, fruits and vegetables are the best food groups to take in a healthy diet since they provide a large number of vitamins and minerals and their caloric content is very low.
Of all the fruits out there, pineapple is one of the most suitable for weight loss thanks to its properties to cleanse and purify the body. Here we list the benefits of pineapple to losing weight :
- Natural diuretic
Pineapple contains a large amount of water, so it will help our body function better, eliminate toxins through the urinary tract, reduce the fluid that we have retained in the body, and, therefore, reduce the presence of cellulite.
- Rich in fiber
It also has high levels of fiber, a perfect nutrient for the fight against the kilos since it manages, on the one hand, to promote the feeling of satiety and make us less hungry and, on the other, it regulates our transit by making us eliminate waste and not we are swollen or with excess fluid.
- Negative calories
Some foods have “negative calories.” Although this term is incorrect, since all foods have calories, what it refers to is that there are some products whose caloric result is negative, that is, the calories that our body has to use to process them are more than those that it has the ingredient itself; for this reason, the result is negative. Pineapple is one of these foods and, therefore, it is also perfect for helping us lose weight because they make you burn more calories than you eat.
Once you know the properties of this fruit to lose weight, you must know that, as it is a simple carbohydrate, you should take it during the day but always avoid it at night. The reason is that fruit, in general, has a lot of natural sugar, and if you take it at the end of the day, the body will not use that sugar, which will turn into saturated fat when not used.
Therefore, it is best to have pineapple in the morning, at noon, or at snack time, and you will be able to benefit from everything that we have just indicated. If you don’t feel like eating natural pineapple, you can choose to prepare a pineapple tea that contains the same properties and may be easier to incorporate into your daily life. To make a pineapple tea, you will have to use the following ingredients:
- 1 pineapple
- One cinnamon stick (optional)
The first thing we will have to do is peel the pineapple and remove the peel. Fill a pot with a bit of water and add the well-washed shells and the cinnamon stick; you will have to let everything boil for 30 minutes and then strain the liquid to remove any chunks. To notice the benefits, you will have to drink at least 3 cups of tea a day.
Now that you know how pineapple helps you lose weight, we begin to talk about the pineapple diet itself. It is a weight-loss method that should only be extended for seven days because its nutritional value is meager, and you could fall ill if you continue with this diet for longer. Thanks to its significant contribution of fiber, during this diet, you will not feel hungry; however, you will be able to lose a lot of fluid fat and cleanse your body naturally.
With just one week, you will be able to lose 2 to 4 kilos without starving and, best of all, by purifying your body. Once this time has elapsed, you will have to continue with a healthy, hypocaloric, and balanced diet to maintain the results obtained.
To be able to do the pineapple diet, you only have to take into account these premises:
- 1. Add pineapple to every meal of the day. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, every moment of the day when you eat must include a piece of this fruit, dinner too! Because we are hardly taking in calories during this diet, we need them to feel healthy and energetic.
- 2. Choose dishes that contain healthy protein and are low in fat. Chicken sautéed with vegetables, baked hake, or spinach omelet, for example, are delicious options that you can include in your diet.
- 3. 400 grams of protein per day. Amounts must be thoroughly controlled to lose the promised pounds. Thus, you can eat 200 grams of chicken in the morning and 200 grams of fish at night but never exceed this amount. At FastlyHealwe discover the best dinners to lose weight.
- 4. Add vegetables . Not only do proteins have to be part of your diet, but vegetables can also be present to expand your dishes and make you feel fuller when you eat.
- 5. Limit carbohydrates . During the seven days that the diet lasts, you have to reduce the intake of carbohydrates as much as possible and limit them only to the first hour of the day, that is, at breakfast. In addition, the ones you take have to be whole grain to take, thus, a more significant amount of fiber and reducing the sugar that is in processed foods.
Advantages and disadvantages of the pineapple diet
But is it healthy to go on the pineapple diet? It is a very restrictive express diet that provides very few and varied nutrients and that, precisely for this reason, should not be extended for more than one week. But, like all meal plans, it has advantages and disadvantages that we will discuss below.
Advantages of the pineapple diet
- It purifies our body internally by making organs such as the kidneys, pancreas, or liver clean deeply.
- It contributes to fluid retention, reducing orange peel skin and improving the condition of our skin.
- Reduces abdominal bloating thanks to its diuretic and detoxifying properties.
- It favors the burning of fat by taking fewer calories than our body needs, thus making it have to go to the fat reserve to function.
Disadvantages of the pineapple diet
- It is shallow in calories, so it should not be extended for more than seven days as we could become ill.
- It can produce a rebound effect if, after this week, you do not opt for a low-calorie and healthy diet.
- Being on a repetitive diet, you may get bored or have a feeling of anxiety about eating.
- By providing few nutrients and calories, it is possible that you feel sleepy and tired during the days of the diet.
- If you suffer from kidney or heart problems, you should NOT do this diet.
Pineapple diet menu
Now that you know everything about this diet, we will give you an example of a menu that you can modify according to your tastes and preferences. Remember that as a general rule, it is indicated that a maximum of 400 grams of healthy protein be taken, that carbohydrates are only in the morning, and that pineapple is included in all meals.
With that said, let’s start with an example menu that can serve as a model for you:
Coffee with skim milk + 1 whole-wheat toast with 0% fresh cheese + 2 slices of natural pineapple
Two slices of natural pineapple or pineapple tea
200 grams of chicken with sautéed vegetables + 2 pineapple slices
- Afternoon snack
Skimmed pineapple yogurt or with natural pineapple chunks
200 grams of salmon + lettuce salad + 2 pineapple slices
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to The pineapple diet , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.