If you want to lose weight at the same time that you detoxify your body , the lemon diet is one of the best options out there since in just 5 days they will help you clean the toxins that have been stored in your body and, in addition, it will allow you to lose from 2 to 4 kilos. Of course: you should not take it as an express diet to go to every time you go over food because it is a nutritional method that can be done at most twice a year.
In this FastlyHealarticle we are going to tell you everything you need to know about the lemon diet so that you understand how it works and see the menu that you have to follow to see the benefits you are looking for.
Table of Contents
Properties of lemon to lose weight
In order to understand how the lemon diet works, it is essential that you take into account the properties that this fruit has to help us lose weight and cleanse our body internally.
- Better digestions : one of the characteristics of lemon is that it makes our stomach create gastric juices and that, therefore, the digestion of food is easier and the decomposition of it is faster. In this way, the metabolism is accelerated causing fewer calories to be stored in the body.
- Natural diuretic : it is also a food that promotes the elimination of toxins in a natural way since it has a diuretic effect, making cleaning not only done by the digestive system but also by the bladder. This also eliminates fluid retention, reducing cellulite and helping to prevent belly swelling.
- Satiating fruit : lemon contains pectin, a fiber that makes us feel more satiated when we take it. To promote this property you will only have to mix lemon with water and, thus, it will swell in the stomach reducing the feeling of hunger. In this sense, it is advisable to drink natural lemon juice half an hour before each meal to reduce appetite and, thus, eat less.
- Low in calories : In addition to everything we have just indicated, lemon hardly contains calories so when you take this ingredient you will be able to benefit from its nutrients without increasing your caloric intake too much.
In addition to all this, we must not forget that this fruit is rich in vitamin C , so it is perfect for strengthening our defenses, as well as contributing to other aspects such as wound healing.
Lemon diet rules
The lemon diet is a very strict nutritional method that aims to cleanse the body and lose weight in record time. In fact, in just 5 days you can lose 4 kilos without hardly going hungry, thanks to the satiating property that we have pointed out previously.
But in order to have these results, it is essential that you keep these basic rules in mind , otherwise, you could not lose the desired kilos in addition to putting your health at risk.
- Maximum 5 days : as it is such a strict diet and designed to purify your body, you cannot extend it more than five days, especially because it does not contain the essential nutrients for good health, nor the calories that your body needs to live.
- Drink plenty of water : to reduce fluid accumulation, lose weight and cleanse your body, it is essential that you drink at least 2 liters of water a day. In this way you contribute to the natural drainage and purification process.
- Natural products : in order to benefit from the attributes that we have indicated above, it is essential that the lemon you take is fresh and, in the case of juices, you do it yourself. It will be useless to buy one already prepared since it contains sugars and, in addition, they lose most of the nutritional and purifying qualities.
- Glass of warm water with lemon on an empty stomach : it is one of the most important rules of the lemon diet because with this simple practice you will be able to maximize the detoxification of the body. To do this, you will have to drink warm water (cold does not achieve the same effect) bathed with the juice extracted from a lemon that you must squeeze at the moment.
- 2 times a year maximum : this is a good method to lose weight and cleanse ourselves but it can only be repeated 2 times each year because, otherwise, you could fall ill. Remember that this diet is very low in calories and nutrients and is used only to purify the body and, incidentally, lose a few kilos.
- Strict menu : you should know that to do the lemon diet it is not worth accompanying your day with healthy foods but you have to strictly follow the stipulated menu. Here we show it to you so you know what to eat.
Lemon diet menu
We begin to explain what to eat on the lemon diet . It is a closed 5-day menu that must be followed to the letter: you cannot skip, change or add any food that is not indicated here. Otherwise, the result will not be the same. Every day of the diet you should start your day by drinking a warm glass of lemon juice on an empty stomach, as we have mentioned in the previous section.
- Breakfast and snack: natural lemon juice that you can sweeten with stevia
- Lunch: Cooked spinach
- Dinner: Baked zucchini and carrots (without using oil)
- Breakfast: tea with lemon and stevia (if you want sweet)
- Mid-morning: An orange
- Lunch: Two glasses of lemon juice + Carrot, tomato and watercress salad + 2 pieces of natural pineapple
- Snack: A grapefruit + natural lemon juice
- Dinner: 2 glasses of lemon juice + Small plate of brown rice with hard-boiled egg + 1 pear
- Breakfast: Tea with lemon and stevia
- Mid-morning: Grapefruit
- Lunch. 2 glasses of lemon juice + grilled chicken breast with lemon + 1 tomato with a splash of olive oil + 1 apple
- Snack: Orange + lemon tea
- Dinner: 2 glasses of lemon juice + pumpkin puree + lettuce and tomato salad + strawberries
- Breakfast: lemon juice
- Mid-morning: Orange
- Lunch: 2 glasses of lemon juice + grilled white fish with lemon + aubergine salad + 2 pieces of pineapple
- Mid afternoon: Lemon tea with grapefruit
- Dinner: 2 glasses of lemon juice + zucchini stuffed with brown rice and 0% cheese + carrot puree + 1 pear
- Breakfast: Lemon tea
- Snack: Grapefruit
- Lunch: 2 glasses of lemon juice + 1 beef steak + lettuce salad with tomato and cucumber + 1 apple
- Snack: lemon juice + orange
- Dinner: 2 glasses of juice + baked chicken without skin + baked spinach (can be au gratin with 0% cheese) + 2 slices of melon
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to The Lemon Diet , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.