Getting rid of accumulated fat and fighting overweight is not an easy task. To achieve this successfully, in addition to requiring a healthy, hypocaloric diet and physical activity, it is possible to use some natural products with effective slimming properties. A good example is the cinnamon and bay leaf tea, an infusion that stimulates weight loss thanks to its digestive, detoxifying and fat-burning properties, among others. Although these types of drinks cannot promise a great loss of kilos, they are a very good help to accelerate the metabolism and eliminate accumulated fat in a completely natural and healthy way.
To know all the details about cinnamon and bay leaf tea for weight loss, continue reading this FastlyHealarticle, we will show you what all its benefits are, how you should prepare it and we will inform you about its contraindications.
Benefits of cinnamon and bay leaf tea to burn fat and lose weight
Cinnamon and bay leaf tea is an infusion with excellent fat burning, cleansing, satiating, detoxifying and digestive properties. All of them are perfect to promote weight loss and reduce measurements in an effective and natural way. Below we show what are the main slimming properties of cinnamon and bay leaf separately.
Properties of cinnamon to lose weight
- It is thermogenic, that is, it increases body temperature and speeds up metabolism. This allows fats to burn much faster and you lose more weight in less time.
- Regulates blood glucose levels, which allows less insulin to be in the body and less fat to be deposited.
- It benefits the digestive system, facilitating digestion, regulating intestinal transit and avoiding abdominal bloating.
- It stimulates kidney activity and helps eliminate all accumulated fluids that cause bloating and heaviness.
- Lowers high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides and increases good cholesterol.
- It reduces the appetite and is satiating.
In addition, in the following article we show you in detail what are all the keys to lose weight with the help of cinnamon .
Properties of laurel to lose weight
- It helps to improve the digestion of food eaten and fights constipation.
- It stimulates diuresis and, therefore, allows the elimination of accumulated fluids.
- Reduces abdominal inflammation.
- Prevents the formation of gases.
- It relieves stress and reduces anxiety, which is ideal for preventing factors like these from interfering with weight loss.
- Eliminates excess fat accumulated in the body.
Discover more benefits of this plant by consulting the laurel properties article .
How to make cinnamon and bay leaf tea to lose weight
For all the properties of cinnamon and laurel tea above, we can say that it is a very effective natural drink to lose the extra kilos, but also to improve digestive and kidney health.
Take note of the following recipe to make cinnamon and bay leaf tea at home and be able to obtain all its benefits.
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Place a pot on the fire and bring the water to a boil.
- When the water reaches the boiling point, add the cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Let the ingredients cook for about 5 minutes on a lower heat.
- Then, remove the pot from the heat and let the mixture sit for about 5 more minutes.
- After that time, strain the preparation and pour the cinnamon and bay leaf infusion into a glass to drink.
- If you want to improve its flavor, you can add a tablespoon of honey to sweeten it a bit.
How to drink cinnamon and bay leaf tea to lose weight
It is very important to take the cinnamon and bay leaf tea to lose weight correctly , since otherwise you will not be able to obtain the desired results or notice its effects on the volume of the figure.
It is best to take it on an empty stomach in the morning so that it does not interfere with its absorption. Likewise, it is preferable to consume it freshly prepared and at room temperature so that in this way the intestine can adequately assimilate all its nutrients. To burn more fat and reduce measures more quickly with the help of this infusion, you can also drink 2 more cups a day , drinking one before lunch and another before going to sleep.
As with any natural supplement, the infusion of cinnamon and bay leaf does not offer miraculous results, so it is always advisable to alternate its consumption with a diet low in fat and calories and a good physical exercise routine. In the following article we will show you in detail how you can do a hypocaloric diet .
It is important that you also bear in mind that this tea can act as a powerful natural diuretic, so it is normal that its consumption makes you want to urinate more throughout the day.
Contraindications of cinnamon and laurel tea
Before you start taking the cinnamon and bay leaf tea, it is convenient that you inform yourself about its contraindications so that it does not compromise your state of health. Its consumption is not recommended in the following cases:
- Pregnant women.
- Breastfeeding women.
- Patients with liver problems.
- Patients with irritable bowel.
- People prone to developing stomach ulcers.
- Children under 12 years of age.
- Crohn’s disease patients.
If you have any questions, it is best to consult your doctor or nutritionist before consuming it.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Cinnamon and laurel tea for weight loss – benefits and contraindications , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.