Anise is a plant well known for its characteristic and intense taste. Countless drinks, liqueurs, candies, and more food products are made from its extract. However, in addition to its flavor, it offers innumerable benefits to our bodies, even losing weight.
This plant has its origin in the eastern part of the European continent, from where it has been spreading for thousands of years thanks to its properties for the digestive system and different internal organs of our body.
It should be clarified that star anise and green anise, no matter how much their flavor is very similar -and they share some properties-are with two different plants. In the following FastlyHealarticle, we will talk about the properties of green anise for weight loss, in which we will tell you about everything that this great plant can contribute to your body.
Table of Contents
Properties of green anise
Here we explain the components of green anise, the elements that give this plant its benefits to losing weight are:
- Terpenes: they are the elements that give it the aromatic flavor; in addition, they are known to be very beneficial for our health, for example, relieving anxiety and calming the nerves.
- Coumarins: it is capable of improving blood circulation.
- Essential oils: such as thymol, dianethole, anethole, and eugenol.
- Acid: ascorbic acid, which is involved in collagen formation and prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
- Flavonoids: the natural pigments of anise. These elements can act as antioxidants, protecting us from free radicals.
- Minerals: essential for the proper functioning of our body, such as magnesium, calcium, manganese, potassium, or zinc.
Green anise for weight loss: benefits
Green anise is one of the natural products that can best help you lose weight. Here we explain what the properties of green anise to lose weight are:
- Carminative properties: anise is a product with a great capacity to expel the gases that accumulate in the digestive tract, causing less flatulence and abdominal pain. On the other hand, this makes the belly look less swollen, and you lose centimeters in diameter.
- Speeds up metabolism: this means that anise can accelerate fat burning. In addition, it is also noted in gastric metabolism that nutrients are absorbed much more effectively.
- Sedative: green anise is a natural sedative that improves the symptoms of anxiety and nervousness. This can go very well when you want to lose weight since it can curb the urge to eat at the moment.
Green anise: infusion
Besides green anise, other natural products can help you lose weight. The properties of cinnamon in this sense are many, and, by combining both products, you can get a tea to lose weight that, in addition to being practical, is very tasty. The way to prepare it is straightforward, and we explain it below:
- Bring a liter of water to a boil.
- As it starts to boil, add two tablespoons of green anise and a cinnamon stick.
- Remove the pot from the heat, keep it covered and let it refill for at least 10 minutes. During this time, the water will infuse and absorb the properties of the anise and cinnamon.
- After this time, the water strains to remove the remains of the plants.
- You can add stevia or a suitable sweetener for a weight loss diet if you want.
Beyond its preparation, it is also essential to know how to take this infusion. It is recommended that you take the injection of green anise to lose weight just when you wake up, fasting so that its properties are absorbed by your body.
The rest of the shots can be distributed throughout the day. A good way is to drink tea after each meal; in this way, you will also take advantage of all the benefits of anise for the digestive process.
This infusion can give you excellent results because of the anise’s ability to prevent fluid retention and lower a swollen abdomen; we must add the properties of cinnamon as a fat burner, a metabolism accelerator, and a diuretic.
Other benefits of green anise
But the benefits of green anise do not end with its action to help us eliminate those extra kilos; this plant offers excellent properties to our body so that we can use it for many other conditions and conditions:
- If we put some seeds in our mouth, chewing them as if they were gum, their robust flavor can help us fight halitosis.
- One of the best-known properties of anise is an anti-inflammatory and relieves gastritis. Many people take it after meals to avoid dyspepsia or heavy digestion.
- Green anise stimulates the production of saliva and gastric juices, making our digestions much more bearable.
- Another benefit of green anise is its ability to prevent gas.
Green anise: contraindications
But not everyone is in a position to use green anise to lose weight. Although it is a natural product, depending on which cases, it may be contraindicated due to the effects it has on our bodies. Taking it for granted that people who have allergies cannot take it, other risk groups that should be abstained are:
- Pregnant women
- Lactating women
- Children under the age of six
- People who are taking estrogen treatments
Although this is not the case, if you used its essential oil topically, in people with atopic skin, you could cause the appearance of:
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Properties of green anise to lose weight, we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.