We are used to hearing about the harmful effects of alcohol on health and its risk when suffering from cardiovascular, liver, and neurological diseases, among others. While it is true that regular consumption and large amounts of alcohol are harmful, some habits regarding the intake of this drink are considered positive. Wine is one of the best examples for its potentially positive effects under certain conditions, thanks to its antioxidant properties, which we will develop below. On this occasion, at FastlyHealwe want to explain the health benefits of red wine.
Why is it good to drink red wine?
Although red wine indeed has beneficial effects on the body, the consumption of this drink should be moderate. Excess consumption of red wine is harmful to health because it acts as a toxic agent. A daily glass of red wine is beneficial lies of its antioxidant properties. These properties are provided by a component of the grape, polyphenols, which prevent some diseases. These antioxidants not only have antioxidant properties, for which they are best known but also act as anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic, antiplatelet, and even lipid-lowering. There are different types of polyphenols, the best known being flavonoids. Therefore, including this component of the grape in our wine is an excellent way to contribute to our health. It is as simple as having a glass of red wine during dinner or lunch.
Moderate consumption of red wine is beneficial for cardiovascular health. Its antioxidant properties prevent the formation of blood clots and the formation of fat in the arteries that cause arteriosclerosis, among others. Red wine increases good cholesterol and has a protective effect on the streets. Some studies have shown the relationship between moderate consumption of red wine and fewer deaths caused by heart disease in specific populations. The tannins and polyphenols present in the grape seed and its skin are antioxidants that help eliminate free radicals.
Numerous studies have verified the positive effect of red wine on improving brain function, as well as preventing dementia thanks to its antioxidant effects that reduce inflammation, and prevent arteries from hardening, in addition to preventing clots from forming. A decrease in cardiovascular accidents has also been associated with moderate drinking of red wine. These studies have shown that tannins and polyphenols reduce these types of conditions. Likewise, they also help prevent degenerative diseases of the nervous system such as Alzheimer’s, slowing the development of dementia.
The same antioxidant power of red wine is a natural inhibitor of cancer cell growth thanks to resveratrol, especially in breast, leukemia, and prostate cancers. In the case of breast cancer, red wine blocks the growth of cancer cells, and resveratrol stops the effects of estrogen. In addition, it has also been shown that radiotherapy in cancer patients undergoing such treatment affects the skinless if they are used to sensibly drinking wine. Vinto tino is also beneficial in reducing the risk of lung cancer in men.
Other benefits of red wine
- Take care of the figure. Red wine activates a gene that blocks the formation of new fat cells and promotes the elimination of existing ones in the body, which results in fat loss. For this reason, red wine has benefits when it comes to avoiding being overweight. However, it must be combined with a proper diet and physical exercise.
- Increase sexual desire . Red wine releases endorphins, the happiness hormone, which stimulates the brain area linked to pleasure.
- Prevent oral problems . The moderate consumption allows for eliminating some bacteria present in the mouth, avoiding the formation of bacterial plaque and cavities.
- Better perceive flavors. During meals, a glass of red wine will allow us to perceive the taste of the dishes better. The explanation is that its astringent properties inhibit the fat in red meat foods, so the flavors are better appreciated.
- Reduce cholesterol . The antioxidants that we mentioned previously called polyphenols, reduce the amount of fat that accumulates in the blood vessels, preventing the formation of clots and reducing the amount of bad cholesterol.
- Prevent urinary infections. Another health benefit of red wine is filtering and purifying the bladder and lungs, eliminating bacteria thanks to its antioxidant and astringent properties.
Precautions when drinking red wine
Although red wine is beneficial to health, some people with certain diseases or conditions may not be able to drink it. Therefore, in case of suffering from cardiovascular problems, diabetes, or other diseases, it is advisable to go to the doctor to find out about the consumption of red wine or other alcoholic beverages. In addition, drinking a glass of red wine can replace any medical treatment in no case. The recommended daily amount of wine is one glass for women and two for men.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Benefits of red wine for health , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.