The liver is the body’s largest internal organ and performs essential functions in our body, such as metabolizing and absorbing nutrients from the food we eat. When the liver malfunctions our health is recent, for this reason it is necessary to eat a healthy diet, since it will not only help us maintain our weight but also prevent this organ from accumulating toxins that our body does not need. At FastlyHealwe give you some juices to cleanse the liver and lose weight .
Why should we cleanse the liver?
The abuse of foods high in fat, the intake of some medications and the consumption of alcohol can affect the elimination of toxins from our body and affect important ailments such as high cholesterol , or fatty liver. For this you must cleanse the liver , in this way and leading a healthy lifestyle, we will ensure its proper functioning, it will help intestinal transit and you will feel more energetic.
The way to take juices to cleanse the liver and lose weight is, in general, fasting for a week or when you have had an excess with food. On the other hand, try not to make a lot of effort while you are in this process and it is advisable not to go to bed immediately after having taken one of these juices.
Juices to cleanse the liver
The idea of juicing is to eliminate waste that our body does not need, this procedure can be carried out up to three times a year. Here are some juice recipes to cleanse the liver and lose weight :
- Grapefruit, garlic and ginger : grapefruit benefits intestinal processes and prevents the formation of stones in the liver, garlic will help prevent cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries and ginger will control hunger and speed up your metabolism. For this juice you will need the juice of 2 grapefruits and 4 lemons, 1 clove of garlic, a piece of grated ginger root, 300 ml of distilled water and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix all the ingredients in a blender and drink it.
- Beetroot and lemon : beetroot stands out for its high fiber content, it also increases the production of gastric juices, which helps us clean the intestines and prevent constipation, improves fluid retention, which is conducive to losing weight. Likewise, lemon has fat-burning properties, therefore, this combination will be ideal to cleanse the liver and lose weight . For this juice you will need a beet and a large lemon. Peel and chop the beet, put it in the blender, squeeze the lemon and add a little water.
- Watercress : this plant can be used in different ways, it has diuretic properties and helps to cleanse the liver, preventing the formation of gallstones. You can eat watercress in salads or place 25 grams of this plant in a glass of cold water overnight and drink 4 tablespoons throughout the next day. Similarly, you can prepare watercress juice, boiling ½ liter of water and two cups of watercress without root, blend it and drink on an empty stomach.
- Orange, garlic and olive oil : mix in the blender ¼ cup of olive oil, ¼ of orange juice, ½ tablespoon of grated ginger, ½ tablespoon of minced garlic and 1 glass of water. Drink it fresh.
Remember that these juices to detoxify the liver and lose weight are not substitutes for meals, you must maintain a balanced diet and low in calories, in addition to staying hydrated. The ideal is to drink the freshly squeezed juices, to make the most of all its properties.
It is advisable that before ingesting these juices, you can prepare your body a week before and then a week after this treatment, eating the following foods to cleanse the liver :
- Apples : eliminates toxins and prevents the appearance of gallstones in the liver
- Green tea : its antioxidant properties help prevent the accumulation of fats in the liver.
- Green leafy vegetables : like broccoli, artichoke, and spinach. They increase the production of enzymes in the liver.
- Eggplant : activates the functions of the gallbladder.
- Whole grains : wheat, oats, barley, rice. They help metabolize fats.
On the other hand, there are foods that you should avoid during this process, such as dairy, red meat, alcohol, and refined products.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Juices to cleanse the liver and lose weight , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.