The Ginkgo Biloba is a plant native to China with multiple properties, mainly used for natural medicine treatments for diseases associated with circulatory problems and aging. Some believe that its benefits are exaggerated, but what is proven is that this tree withstands the most extreme and polluted environmental conditions. At FastlyHealwe show you the properties and uses of Ginkgo Biloba.
Benefits and properties of ginkgo Biloba
The benefits and properties of ginkgo Biloba are multiple, but above all, it is recognized for its vasodilator effect; below, we will tell you all its characteristics:
- Circulation: its main property is that it works as a vasodilator, preventing platelets from settling in blood vessels, helping diseases such as atherosclerosis, hypertension, and poor circulation, especially in the elderly.
- Depression: can be used to treat depressive conditions linked to aging. It also benefits memory and increases our energy.
- Hair loss: hair loss generally occurs due to a lack of blood supply; ginkgo Biloba can increase this irrigation in the hair follicle, delaying or stopping hair loss.
- Tinnitus: the noises that we perceive inside the ear can be treated with ginkgo Biloba extract, especially related to vascular problems such as high blood pressure.
- Dementia: taking the extract of this plant can slightly improve the symptoms of Alzheimer’s or vascular dementias.
- Allergies: its components inhibit the factor responsible for triggering some immune system diseases, such as allergies and asthma.
- Dizziness and migraines: if the cause of these problems is a lack of cerebral blood supply, treatment based on ginkgo Biloba can be of great help.
- Sexual desire: improves blood circulation in the genitals; it is recommended to increase sexual desire.
- Premature aging: due to the antioxidants that make it up, it helps protect our skin from free radicals, which are responsible for premature aging.
How to take ginkgo biloba?
There are several ways to take Ginkgo Biloba; if you take it in liquid extract, add between 10 and 30 drops in a glass of water and drink it up to three times a day. The capsules or tablets are taken 30 minutes before food or 2 hours after. Infusions made with a handful of dried ginkgo Biloba leaves should be consumed up to two cups daily.
In any of its presentations, you should not consume more than 120 mg a day and no more than three doses since it can cause intestinal problems; the use of untreated parts of the plant should be avoided because they can have a high content of chemicals cause severe allergies.
Contraindications of ginkgo biloba
Even though ginkgo Biloba is a plant with many properties, there are some contraindications that you should take into account:
- It can cause premature labor, and its safety when ingested while breastfeeding has not been proven.
- If your periods are very abundant, avoid consuming this plant, as it will increase bleeding.
- Because it is a vasodilator, ginkgo Biloba is not recommended for people who have to take anticoagulants, who have ulcers, wounds, or are going to undergo any surgery.
- It can interact with medications such as aspirin, antidiabetics, anticonvulsants, and ibuprofen.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Ginkgo biloba: properties and benefits, we recommend that you enter our Wellbeing category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.