Having a robust immune system is essential to adequately fight against the viruses and bacteria in our environment, which can end up affecting us. From conditions as common as the flu, the cold, or stomach infection, going through viral or infectious diseases with more important symptoms or more severe pictures, having our defenses high will be vital to preventing these conditions from affecting us to a great extent. Medicinal plants are good allies to achieve this; in this FastlyHealarticle, we effectively reveal the best infusions to increase defenses.
The key is to live a healthy life.
The better we eat and the more active we are, the less we get sick. This is a fact because our body needs nutrients and vitamins to function correctly, offering good protection against external agents that can affect our body. At the same time, exercise helps us strengthen the immune system, promoting a more excellent state of general well-being and helping to combat emotions such as anxiety, sadness, or stress, which also affect the strength of our immune system.
The infusions to increase defenses help provide nutrients that strengthen the immune system; however, this measure must be accompanied by other basic recommendations to enhance our health:
- Always eat a balanced diet that includes essential foods such as vegetables, fruits, and proteins. The absence of nutrients like vitamin C, for example, could reduce the immune system’s strength.
- Rest the number of hours recommended by the specialists, between 7 and 8 each day. Sleeping allows each of our cells to recover, but also, a correct rest is essential for the body to function correctly, defending itself from possible invaders with total effectiveness.
- Get regular physical exercise, at least 30 minutes a day. Our body needs to move, and the more physical activity we do and the better we eat, the more prepared our body will be to defend itself against common viruses and bacteria.
- Hydrate properly; the body needs a good amount of water to eliminate toxins, especially when we are sick.
- Always maintain hygiene with habits such as washing your hands after using the bathroom, sneezing, or handling objects that may have bacteria and before eating. It is also essential to avoid putting your hands in your mouth, in your ears, or scratching your eyes with dirty hands; these habits increase the possibility of facilitating the entry of foreign agents into our bodies.
Green tea is the perfect antioxidant.
Green tea has many beneficial properties for our health; it is known for its incredible antioxidant power that helps control the production of free radicals, agents responsible for the aging of cells, and the appearance of conditions such as cancer.
Consuming 3 cups of green tea daily helps us not only to increase the number of antioxidants in our body but also to strengthen our immune system, making us more resistant to common viruses and bacteria. Despite its benefits, this plant should not be ingested in cases of:
- Have gastrointestinal diseases such as ulcers, gastritis, irritable bowel, Crohn’s disease, or colitis, since theine is a stimulant that aggravates this condition.
- Suffering from heart problems.
- Suffering from insomnia, anxiety, or nervousness.
- Being pregnant or nursing.
- It is not recommended to consume it near meals as it could interfere with the absorption of calcium and iron. In this way, if you suffer from anemia or osteoporosis, avoid its intake.
Echinacea infusion for high defenses
Among the infusions to increase the defenses, the preparation of echinacea stands out above any other. This plant is considered one of the best natural antibiotics, favoring the production of white blood cells that allow us to fight effectively against infections; it is also ideal for fighting viruses and fungi, helping our body recover effectively.
This plant favors interferon production, a protein produced by our body that helps neutralize viruses, which makes echinacea a complete alternative. To make this infusion, you should bring a cup of water to boil; when it reaches the boiling point, turn off the heat and add a teaspoon of echinacea, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes, then strain the drink. It is recommended to drink 1 cup a day for a month; then, you should pause for three months and then start another month if you wish.
Echinacea is contraindicated for:
- Patients with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, or lupus as it worsens the symptoms of these pathologies.
- People who consume immunosuppressive medication.
- Those who ingest caffeine excessively.
- People with an immune system disorder.
- Pregnant or nursing women.
Ginseng infusion for increased energy
Among the properties of ginseng, its ability to help us increase our energy and ward off physical and mental fatigue stands out, but this is not its only benefit. This plant so used in Chinese culture facilitates the elimination of toxins from the body, provides a good dose of antioxidants that help fight the formation of free radicals, increases defenses, and enhances the ability of our immune system to fight viruses and bacteria. More effectively.
To make the ginseng infusion, you have to wash and cut a root of this plant, boil a liter of water, and, when it boils, add the meat and let it cook for 45 minutes. After that time, please turn off the heat and strain; it is recommended to drink between 1 and 2 cups a day.
Ginseng is contraindicated for:
- People with insomnia or anxiety.
- Pregnant or nursing women.
- Children under 12 years of age.
- People with vascular diseases, including varicose veins.
- People with heart disease and hypertension can increase blood pressure and alter their heart rhythm.
- Those who use diabetes medication.
- Patients with hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can affect thyroid hormone levels.
- Those with autoimmune diseases.
- People with organ transplants.
- Those who suffer from frequent headaches or migraines and those who consume high doses of caffeine or other stimulants.
Thyme infusion to ward off bacteria
It is a perfect herb to flavor our meals, but also thyme contains a substance known as thymol, which gives it antibacterial and antifungal properties that make this plant the ideal ally of our health. It is also an excellent antiseptic, helping fight respiratory infections and throat discomfort.
It contributes iron to our body, favoring the adequate levels of this mineral and helping to prevent the appearance of conditions such as anemia. To prepare the thyme infusion, bring a cup of water to a boil and, when it boils, add a teaspoon of dried thyme leaves. Cook for 3 minutes, turn off the heat, and let it rest covered for 10 minutes; strain and drink. You can ingest 1 cup a day; this herb in regular doses does not have contraindications.
Rosemary is another of the plants used in the kitchen that turns out to be one of the best options for making infusions to increase defenses. In addition to fighting digestive problems, providing iron to fight anemia, and being ideal for respiratory conditions, this plant also provides vitamin C, which helps maintain a solid and resistant immune system.
To prepare this infusion, boil a cup of water, add a teaspoon of rosemary when the water has boiled, let it cook for 5 minutes, turn off the heat, and let it rest for 10 minutes, and strain and drink. You can have 1 cup a day.
The infusion of rosemary is contraindicated for people with:
- Gastritis or stomach ulcers.
- Arterial hypertension.
Don’t take supplements without medical supervision.
In the search to increase our defenses, we often decide to take vitamin supplements without consulting our doctor or having a check-up to determine if we are missing a specific nutrient. This can result in the consumption of certain vitamins or minerals in amounts that our body does not require, leading to their accumulation in our body and the development of specific pathologies.
For this reason, it is essential to always consult a doctor before taking any vitamin or mineral supplement. Only a specialist will be able to tell you if you require any nutrients, in what quantity, and for how long you should take the supplement.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Infusions to increase defenses , we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.