Few medicinal plants are as gentle and healing as simultaneously as chamomile. Since ancient times, it has been used to treat numerous diseases, and because more and more people today are aware of the benefits of nature on health, its use has not been forgotten. Otherwise, it is returning to what it is known to do well.
Chamomile can help to treat some eye problems very effectively. That is why at FastlyHealwe explain what chamomile is for the eyes and how to prepare and apply it correctly.
Table of Contents
Properties of chamomile for the eyes
There are two varieties of chamomile that can heal: Roman chamomile or chamomile ( Anthemis nobilis ) and common chamomile ( Matricaria chamomilla ).
It is a medicinal herb with incredible healing power, as its smell is mild and it is commonly found in many places, it is sometimes despised, but its high content of potassium, sulfur, and multiple vitamins make it a plant with excellent properties :
- Stimulates circulation.
- Collaborate in defenses.
- Sudorific (cleansing of toxins through the skin).
That is why it is so valuable when treating different ailments. Infused drink, applied to the skin in the form of poultices, steam, enema, or combined with oils or as a promotion on mucous membranes, there is always a way to maximize its potential, and the decision to use it in one way or another will depend on the problem that you want to solve.
Regarding the application of chamomile directly to the eyes, it is instrumental in cases of:
- Inflammation of the lacrimal sac.
- Eye pain
- Lesions of the skin near the eyes.
- Improve the appearance of the skin around the eyes (superficial and deep wrinkles).
How to prepare chamomile to apply to the eyes
As has been seen, there are many ways to prepare chamomile to extract its medicinal properties from it. The choice will depend on the problem you want to treat. It is common to see patients who use chamomile infusion to wash their eyes. This can be useful in superficial inflammation issues and, instead, to clean and improve the skin around the eyes.
Now, if you want to treat eye problems more effectively, it is best to prepare chamomile in the promotion and apply it directly to the area to be improved. To do this, follow the following steps :
- Clean the chamomile well with water.
- Put about two tablespoons of chamomile flowers in a pot along with 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Cook them over low heat for 10 minutes.
- It will form a mass (the encouragement).
How to apply chamomile to the eyes
It has already been seen how to prepare chamomile to extract its properties to the maximum now. How should it be applied to the eyes ?:
- As a first measure, you should check that the dough is hot, not too hot so as not to burn yourself, and you should be able to take it between your hands.
- Apply it directly to the eye you want to treat or to both.
- Keep the cream on the eyes for 15 minutes.
Perform this type of application 2 or 3 times a day. The duration of the treatment will depend on the problem you have, but in general, when you see that your situation has already improved, continue the treatment for 3 more days.
Even though this promotion can be used for healthy eyes, its benefits are that it will not harm even when its use is unnecessary.
Chamomile oil for the eye area
Being effective as a cleanser, purifier, anti-inflammatory, and tonic, it is instrumental in improving the appearance of the skin, especially that of the eye contour. You can make your natural chamomile oil yourself. To do this, you will need:
- Fifty grams of dried chamomile leaves.
- Five hundred grams of good quality oil can be olive, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, or flaxseed (the one used to consume).
You can do it in two ways:
- The most natural: in a glass jar, you put the ingredients and mix them well. You leave it exposed to the sun for 15 days.
- The fastest: you cook the chamomile in the oil over low heat for 5 minutes, then let it cool.
Strain the preparation you made, and you have your chamomile oil ready to use!
You can also use this oil to treat other ailments such as bumps, burns, skin ulcers, edema, and cracks in the hands and legs.
You must consult your trusted doctor if you are under medical treatment or have doubts about whether or not you can use chamomile.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Chamomile for the eyes: what it is for and how to apply it, we recommend entering our Well-being category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.