When it comes to purifying our body, the liver is, without a doubt, one of the most prominent organs in this process. That is why when we ingest drugs in excess, drink a lot of alcohol, eat a high-fat diet, or consume narcotics, this organ can have great difficulties in filtering all these toxins, so they will end up accumulating in the liver and producing conditions such as steatosis. liver or cirrhosis.
If you want to help, your body purifies itself and promotes the proper functioning of this organ; at FastlyHealwe reveal the best infusions to cleanse the liver and achieve a healthier body.
Table of Contents
What is the liver for?
To understand the importance of keeping our liver healthy, it is essential to understand first what the functions of this organ are, so we will know why an improper diet or certain negative habits can significantly harm your well-being.
The functions of the liver are:
- This organ actively collaborates in the body’s purification process, helping to filter the blood and eliminate toxins that we do not need. In this way, the liver eliminates excess medication when our body has already taken advantage of what it needs while doing the same with the substances we ingest through our diet, such as fats, alcohol, etc. When the presence of toxins is very high, this organ cannot eliminate them, so they end up accumulating, which can lead to problems such as inflammation in the area, fatty liver, or liver cirrhosis.
- It produces and secretes bile, which will then be stored in our gallbladder, emptying when we eat to help us digest.
- Participates in the synthesis and metabolization of hormones and substances such as proteins, cholesterol, glucose, and triglycerides.
Taking care of our liver is very important, so it is advisable to follow a balanced diet, avoid excessive consumption of medication and alcohol and enhance its proper functioning and cleaning with the help of some natural remedies that we show you below.
Infusion of milk thistle, the liver plant
Milk thistle, also known as milk thistle, is a plant popularly used to treat liver conditions, closely related to this organ. This is mainly due to its content of silymarin, a flavonoid that favors the elimination of toxins and the regeneration of this organ; in addition, this plant prefers the production of glutathione, a substance that contributes to the effective purification of the liver. In our article properties of milk thistle, we reveal more benefits of this plant.
To prepare an infusion with this plant, we must buy its seeds in any natural products store. Add a teaspoon of sources to a cup of freshly boiled water and let it steep for at least 20 minutes, then strain and drink. Take a cup a day for five days, preferably on an empty stomach.
Milk thistle is contraindicated for:
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- People with significant liver diseases such as cirrhosis or hepatitis.
- Patients with diabetes take medication to control it, as it could interfere with it.
- People with obstruction in the bile ducts.
- Those who take medication to treat depression.
Artichoke infusion is highly purifying.
Artichoke is a highly cleansing food known for its diuretic properties that facilitate the elimination of fluid from the body and its high fiber content that benefits intestinal transit and helps regulate cholesterol and glucose levels in the blood. Ingested as a drink enhances liver cleansing by helping to eliminate toxins, which is why it is considered one of the best infusions to cleanse the liver.
To prepare this infusion, boil a cup of water with two dried artichoke leaves, cook for 2 minutes, turn off the heat, and rest for 15 minutes before drinking. It is recommended to drink a cup on an empty stomach for five days to effectively clean. In fatty, inflamed liver or liver problems, up to 3 cups, a day can be ingested.
This drink is contraindicated for:
- Pregnant or nursing women.
- For patients with kidney stones as artichoke is rich in oxalates.
- People with gallstones.
Infusion of dandelion, an excellent natural ally
Dandelion is one of the plants with the most benefits to our health, being especially indicated to help purify the liver as it contributes to the production of bile and the elimination of toxins in the blood, favoring the filtering work carried out by this organ.
The preparation of its infusion is simple; you just have to add a tablespoon of dried or fresh dandelion leaves to a cup of boiling water, let it cook for 3 minutes, turn off the heat and allow it to rest for 5 minutes, then strain and drink. You can drink a maximum of 2 cups a day for five days. This plant is contraindicated for:
- Patients with gallbladder problems, as it stimulates the production of bile.
- Due to its bitter taste, those who suffer from heartburn, ulcers, and gastritis should not ingest it.
- People with kidney stones as this plant contains oxalates.
- This plant should not be eaten if you consume diuretics, lithium, or medication to increase potassium.
Lemon infusion is easy and effective.
Drinking warm water with lemon on an empty stomach is a habit full of benefits for our health, helping, among other things, to cleanse our liver by eliminating the fats and toxins that accumulate in this organ. It is also a diuretic drink, which contributes to cleaning the colon, improving intestinal transit and the immune system, and the care and good appearance of our skin.
Making this infusion could not be simpler; you just have to add the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon to a glass of warm water and drink the mixture on an empty stomach without adding sugar or any sweetener. You can carry out this practice daily to improve your general health. It is not recommended for patients with gastric ulcers or sensitive teeth.
Boldo infusion is an excellent digestive option.
One of the best infusions to cleanse the liver is the one made with boldo; a plant considered the great ally of this organ. Its content of alkaloids and flavonoids stimulate the production of bile, help regulate digestion and favor the elimination of fat and toxins from the liver, being ideal to guarantee the well-being of this organ.
Make this drink by adding a teaspoon of boldo to a cup of boiling water, let it rest for 10 minutes, strain and drink. It is recommended to take 3 cups daily 30 minutes before each meal for five days. This plant is contraindicated for:
- Pregnant or nursing women.
- Patients with obstruction in the bile ducts.
- People with kidney disease.
- Those who take anticoagulant medication.
Sage infusion good for the liver and stomach
Sage is better known for its properties to benefit the health of our stomach than to help the liver. However, it also contributes to this function. This plant improves digestion, favors the elimination of toxins, and reduces fluid retention, being very effective in maintaining a healthy liver.
To prepare this infusion, you must add five sage leaves to a cup of boiling water, let it cook for 2 minutes and then turn off the heat and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Strain and drink a cup a day for five days. It should not be taken in the following cases:
- Pregnant or nursing women.
- If you have kidney failure.
- Patients with epilepsy.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Infusions to cleanse the liver , we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.