If we want to start to control our weight and lose a few kilos, there is no better way than to follow a balanced diet low in fat and sugar and combine it with regular physical exercise, which is perfectly adapted to us and our condition. To this, we can also add the extra help of natural products that have diuretic, purifying, energizing, digestive, and satiating properties … and that, in addition, are very low in calories and high in nutrients. This is the case of moringa, a plant that is presented as a safe and healthy option to lose weight if consumed, yes, in the right way. Please pay attention to this article by FastlyHeal, in which we detail all the properties of moringa to lose weight.
Table of Contents
Properties of moringa for weight loss
The moringa tree is native to North Africa and India, of which there are about 13 species, but the most popular, thanks to its incredible medicinal properties, is called Moringa oleifera. It has many antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and proteins, perfect for preventing and treating various diseases and ailments. It has been used since ancient times in Ayurvedic medicine.
Among the main benefits of moringa for the health of the body, we find that it promotes cardiovascular health, prevents cellular aging, controls cholesterol levels, improves liver and kidney function, contributes to good digestion, and its anti-inflammatory and diuretic.
In addition to all these medicinal and healing properties, moringa has become a great natural product to promote weight loss and accelerate fat burning in a completely harmless way. Next, we detail what the main properties of moringa to lose weight are:
- Low in calories: the contrast of low calories with the high content of nutrients that moringa offers makes it a perfect substitute for many foods since it reduces the number of calories ingested without affecting the intake of other nutrients essential for the body.
- Very rich in vitamin B: it has a high content of B vitamins, such as vitamin B1, B2, and B3, which are essential for the body to transform food into energy, thus preventing it from being stored in the form of fat in certain areas. This large percentage of vitamin B makes moringa also considered an excellent natural energizer.
- Accelerates metabolism: in its composition, many glucosinolates are observed, which are converted into isothiocyanates during the digestion process and act by accelerating metabolism and, consequently, the burning of calories that have been consumed. This results in more significant and faster weight loss.
- It is diuretic and purifying: it has a high diuretic and refining capacity, which allows us to increase our body’s ability to expel urine, thus contributing to the disposal of accumulated toxins. This makes it possible to combat fluid retention and the swelling that this condition causes.
- Produces satiety: consumed regularly, it helps reduce appetite considerably, so the feeling of hunger between meals is much less. This is a spectacular property to avoid consuming fatty and sweet foods with many calories and reduce anxiety about food.
In the same way that happens with any food supplement or natural remedy, it is essential to bear in mind that moringa is not a miraculous plant with which you can lose those extra pounds instantly. First, you will have to ensure that it is safe for your health and then combine its consumption with a balanced and healthy diet and regular physical exercise. Otherwise, it will be virtually impossible to see the expected changes in your body weight.
How to take moringa to lose weight: moringa tea
One of the best ways to benefit from all the properties of moringa to lose weight and make it an effective supplement to lose weight is by consuming it as an infusion. Next, we show you all the steps you must follow to prepare a moringa tea:
- In a saucepan, heat a cup of water until it comes to a boil.
- Once it has boiled, pour the water back into the mug and add one teaspoon of moringa leaves. You mustn’t boil the moringa leaves together with the water, since then they could lose much of their properties.
- If you have obtained powdered moringa, after adding its teaspoon to the cup, you must stir it to dissolve and filter the liquid.
- Let it rest for about 3 or 5 minutes so that the moringa leaves impregnate the water with all its nutrients and properties.
- After this time, strain the liquid obtained to remove the remains of the leaves, and you will have your moringa tea ready to drink.
Take 1 cup a day of moringa tea to lose weight, ingest it in the morning, or snack between main meals. In this way, you can increase the feeling of satiety and reduce your appetite, which can be addressed as soon as you get up or in the middle of the afternoon. You must not exceed the amount and not consume more than one tablespoon of moringa a day.
Moringa tea: side effects and contraindications
Excessive consumption of moringa tea could cause some side effects such as:
Likewise, it is not recommended that the following groups consume this natural plant, as it could be counterproductive for their health:
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- Patients with blood clotting problems.
- Hypoglycemic patients.
- People who are taking sleeping pills or other sleep treatments.
Other ways to take moringa to lose weight
You can not only consume it as an infusion because, in health food stores and stores specializing in the sale of natural products, it is also possible to buy moringa in numerous and varied presentations. In powder, in capsules, in seeds, in extract, etc., so you can inform yourself and choose the one that best suits your needs. Of course, it will be convenient for you to tell yourself in advance about the appropriate dose for you and carefully follow the consumption instructions detailed on the container.
There are multiple options to introduce moringa into your diet. Still, suppose you want to help you burn fat and reduce measurements. A suitable alternative may be to add one tablespoon of moringa to some natural and purifying juice, also indicated for thinning plans. We recommend that you consult the articles Juices to lose weight and Detox juices to lose weight to find good allies.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to take moringa to lose weight , we recommend that you enter our Wellness category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.