A sedentary lifestyle and a diet rich in fat, sugar, and simple carbohydrates are the main ones responsible for an accumulation of toxins in the body that makes it difficult not only to digest food but also causes abdominal inflammation, body discomfort, and weight gain. Hence the importance of purifying the body to lose weight and keep it much healthier.
Dandelion is a medicinal plant that offers many health benefits. Still, without a doubt, its purifying and diuretic effect makes it an option to lose weight naturally while preventing diseases of the digestive system and fighting highs. Cholesterol levels in the blood. Are you interested in taking advantage of the benefits of this plant? Then keep reading this article by FastlyHealabout Dandelion for weight loss: properties and how to take it.
Dandelion properties for weight loss
Dandelion, also known as taraxacum officinale or bitter chicory, is a plant that usually reaches up to 40 centimeters in height and can now be found on all continents. Although this plant is considered by gardeners as a weed or weed, many health benefits make it an excellent natural remedy.
In addition to being a hypocaloric plant, the wonderful thing about Dandelion is its composition, since it offers in a single plant vitamin A, zinc, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and acids such as ascorbic (vitamin C), caffeic and chlorogenic. Undoubtedly, this plant’s nutritional content is responsible for its benefits.
Find out below the main properties of Dandelion for weight loss:
- Dandelion acts in the body by exerting a diuretic effect that helps combat fluid retention, making it easier to eliminate excess toxins, fats and waste, thus allowing the body to reduce inflammation and stimulate weight loss.
- Poor diet saturates the digestive system and encourages the accumulation of toxins and waste in the liver and colon. One of the benefits of Dandelion for weight loss is its purifying property, which helps these organs to detoxify and better exercise their function of metabolizing food.
- This plant helps control high levels of cholesterol and sugar in the blood, which is very beneficial for people with diabetes and prevents cardiovascular system diseases.
- This plant is rich in antioxidants that prevent premature skin aging by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, substances that are very important to preserve the tone of the epidermis during the thinning process.
- Dandelion root is used to combat constipation and reduce abdominal bloating.
- In addition, due to its diuretic action, Dandelion helps fight urine infections and kidney stones.
- Decrease uric acid.
- Regulates the production of sebum in the epidermis.
How to take Dandelion to lose weight
Now that you know the properties of this plant, we will inform you about how to take Dandelion to lose weight and, thus, take advantage of its diuretic and purifying effect. Bitter chicory is so popular that there are many ways to consume it, but the most common way is to prepare an infusion with pieces of its root, which is the part where its ingredients are most concentrated.
Dandelion tea for weight loss
- 1 cup of water
- Four teaspoons of dandelion root
- Saccharin and lemon to taste
Preparation: Bring the cup of water to a boil in a small pot and add the four teaspoons of Dandelion. Stir and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Then, please remove it from the heat and let it rest for at least 5 minutes. After a time, strain the preparation, add sweetener and lemon to taste, and serve in a cup.
To lose weight, it is recommended to take 2 cups of dandelion tea a day, preferably between meals. The consumption of this tea is recommended for up to two weeks; then, it is advisable to take a break of 15 days and, if desired, start its intake again for two more weeks. Consuming too much of this infusion can be harmful to health.
Other ways to take Dandelion to lose weight
You can combine the slimming properties of Dandelion with those of other medicinal plants for a much more powerful effect. Some options are:
Dandelion and horsetail tea
- 1 cup of water
- Three tablespoons horsetail
- Three tablespoons dandelion
Preparation: Heat the water and once it is grass, add the Dandelion and horsetail. Let cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Strain the preparation, let it cool slightly, and serve in a cup. You can sweeten it with saccharin to improve the flavor of this tea with a diuretic effect.
Dandelion tea with artichoke
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons dandelion
- Two tablespoons of artichoke leaves
Preparation: Heat the water and add the Dandelion and artichoke when it boils. Let cook for 10 minutes, remove the pot from the heat, and let the preparation rest for 5 minutes. Over time, strain, serve in a cup, and add saccharin and lemon to improve the flavor. The artichoke is a plant well known for its fat-burning property, and mixed with dandelion results in an excellent infusion to lose weight. In the following article, you can learn about the artichoke diet to lose weight.
The weight loss process should be based mainly on a healthy diet and an exercise routine. Although there are natural alternatives such as Dandelion that help accelerate the weight loss process, it is essential to note that its abuse can be harmful to health; for this reason we present below the contraindications of Dandelion:
- The consumption of Dandelion is not recommended for people medicated with diuretics or intended to increase potassium and lithium.
- The cleansing effect of Dandelion can be harmful in people with gallstones.
- Dandelion can cause and worsen heartburn and stomach ulcers if consumed in excess.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Dandelion to lose weight: properties and how to take it , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.