One of the most popular methods to lose weight is the dissociated diet , a nutritional planning that will help you lose those extra pounds by making a few simple changes in your daily menu by opting for a specific combination of foods. The basis on which this revolutionary diet hangs is that if we combine specific ingredients they can end up becoming saturated fat, something that does not happen if you take them separately. Thus, this method is based on the theory of balance between stomach acids and is inspired by the digestion of food to lose weight.
Next in this article by FastlyHealwe are going to talk to you about the dissociated diet to lose weight , emphasizing its theory, its basic rules and its advantages and disadvantages. In addition, we also propose an example menu so that you can be inspired and create your own diet.
Dissociated diet basics
First of all we have to emphasize that the origin of this diet was not aimed at losing weight but rather that the objective it sought was to balance our digestion to reduce ailments or conditions related to gastrointestinal health. What was wanted was to establish a dietary pattern that was in accordance with our digestion needs and that the nutrients that we introduce into the body could be used to the maximum.
The stomach is not able to assimilate proteins, sugars and fats at the same time and, therefore, it becomes saturated and ends up converting many of its calories into saturated fat due to not being able to metabolize them correctly. But if we take these components individually, we can make the most of all the energy it provides us. For this reason, what the dissociated diet seeks is to intelligently distribute the nutrients following specific guidelines that determine the foods that can be combined and those that cannot.
Food is divided into three large blocks:
- Carbohydrates : these are foods rich in sugars. This would include carbohydrates, starches, fruits and some vegetables that contain high levels of glucose, such as carrots or onions.
- Proteins : are those products that come from animal or vegetable origin (soy, tofu, seitan, etc.) and that provide proteins to our body. Dairy products are also included here since they are of animal origin and also nuts.
- Neutrals : vegetables and essential oils are part of this group of neutrals that must also be combined in a specific way.
To lose weight with the dissociated diet
Now that we know the different types of foods that exist, the next step to know the dissociated diet to lose weight is that you are clear about the different combinations of foods that are allowed and those that you should avoid as much as possible. Here are the basic guidelines that will help you achieve your goal:
- Proteins should never be mixed with carbohydrates and vice versa. That is, no sandwiches (since they are based on bread with some protein) unless you prepare one that is exclusively made from vegetables; macaroni and cheese dishes cannot be included in this diet either by combining these two ingredients that should never be mixed.
- Proteins do not mix with fats : you cannot cook your sirloin steak with oil and, instead, choose to cook it in the oven or on the grill but with lemon and water instead of oil. Nor can you accompany them with sauces, nuts or butter.
- Carbohydrates do not mix with each other : so in the same meal you will not be able to accompany your plate of rice with bread because you are taking 2 carbohydrates. You should always try to eat only one type in order to lose weight with the dissociated diet.
- Legumes and vegetables can be mixed with everything : this type of food can be taken with both proteins and carbohydrates.
- Fruits always alone : do not mix fruit in yogurt or take it as a dessert as it does not favor the digestion of food. It is best to take it mid-morning or mid-afternoon and have at least 2 hours pass between meals. The same goes for nuts that should not be taken with any other food, not even salads.
In addition to this, you should know that sugar is strictly prohibited in this weight loss method and you must replace it with low-calorie alternatives such as stevia or sweetener. You should also know that alcohol is prohibited as it contains many calories and sugars that end up preventing proper digestion and introducing toxins into our body.
In order not to go hungry with the dissociated diet, it is important that you distribute your meals in 5 servings a day (breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, snack and dinner) to get your metabolism to work for more hours a day and, thus, accelerate it. In the same way, it is important that you know that carbohydrates are recommended during the first half of the day (breakfast and lunch) in order to lose weight.
Advantages and disadvantages of the dissociated diet
Now that you know the basic aspects of the dissociated diet to lose weight in FastlyHealwe want to inform you about the advantages and disadvantages that there are when starting to follow this weight loss method. In this way you will be able to determine if this type of plan is suitable or not for your needs.
- You do not go hungry : thanks to the fact that no type of food is excluded in the diet, you can be satiated throughout the day without suffering the hunger so common in weight loss plans.
- It is easy to follow : it is one of the easiest methods to follow since you do not stop eating any food and you can allow yourself a wide variety of combinations and healthy recipes that will help you correctly metabolize food.
- You can eat whatever you want : it is not a planning that stipulates the amounts you have to take at each meal, but rather requires less control. Of course: if you want to lose weight, do not go overboard with the amounts of protein or carbohydrates and opt for large salads or hearty vegetable dishes.
- Possible rebound effect : if after the diet you start eating in the same way as you currently do, it is possible that you will regain those kilos that you had lost. Keep in mind that it is not a simple method to lose weight but it is a new way of understanding food.
- It is not proven : the aspect on which this diet is based (the balance theory) is not a fact that is scientifically proven so there are people who may not see too many results.
Menu in the dissociated diet
So that you can put into practice all the information that we have provided, below we are going to give you some examples of the dissociated diet menu that will help you understand the distribution and combination of foods and, thus, you can create your own eating method.
- Option 1: 2 whole wheat toasts with light jam + Black coffee
- Option 2: Infusion + scrambled eggs
- Option 1: A piece of fruit
- Option 2: A skimmed yogurt without fruit
- Option 1: Rice with artichokes and mushrooms
- Option 2: Grilled chicken breast (without oil) with sauteed vegetables
- Option 1: A piece of fruit
- Option 2: A 0% skimmed yogurt
- Vegetable cream + Grilled turkey
- Baked hake with grilled vegetables
In addition, to purify the body and lose weight, you can choose to add some herbal teas to lose weight in your menu and you will be able to benefit from the effect of medicinal herbs such as green tea or horsetail.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Dissociated diet to lose weight , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.