If you have not yet discovered the multiple slimming properties of fennel, pay attention to this article by FastlyHeal. This plant that is part of the composition of many Mediterranean cuisine recipes is a great ally to contribute to weight loss, thanks to its incredible fat-burning, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, and satiating effects. In this way, if you include it healthily in your diet, you will have found a good ally with which you can accelerate the results of a low-calorie diet and a physical training program. In addition to this, it has essential health benefits, as it is an antioxidant and fights the action of free radicals, helping to prevent many diseases.
Keep reading this FastlyHealarticle to know all the properties of fennel to lose weight and understand how to take it correctly.
Fennel properties for weight loss
Fennel is an herb that can work very well to supplement diets for weight loss, as it has exciting slimming properties, especially it helps to activate the metabolism and improve the digestion process. Let’s see below in more detail what are all the properties of fennel to lose weight:
Very low in calories
Its consumption provides very few calories but many beneficial nutrients for the health of the body. It contributes to weight loss: many vitamins, antioxidant components, and minerals, such as calcium, potassium and magnesium. In addition, other components that it contains and that are good for weight loss are apiol, arginine, cynarin, glycolic acid, and caffeic acid.
One of the most outstanding benefits of fennel is that it helps improve digestion and reduce inflammation of the belly and relax all the muscles involved in the digestion process. It allows to improve intestinal transit and the absorption of nutrients, and all this favors weight loss and fat burning.
When consuming it, you experience a great sensation of satiety, which reduces your appetite and, in this way, keeps your anxiety to eat under control. This is very important to eat fewer unhealthy foods throughout the day and achieve your goal of losing the extra pounds.
It can activate metabolism and improve liver functions, which is ideal for increasing fat burning and promoting the elimination of toxins and accumulated fluids, which greatly influence weight gain.
It is diuretic
Finally, another of the slimming properties of fennel is diuretics because, as we have already advanced, it helps to eliminate retained fluids and fight the swelling or inflammation that this accumulation can cause in some areas of the body.
Fennel tea for weight loss
You can prepare several recipes to lose weight with fennel, and among them, one of those that can offer you the best results and, in addition, benefit the health of the whole organism is fennel tea or infusion. You will get a flatter stomach, burn fatter, and eliminate accumulated fluids with this drink. Take note of the recipe to know how to prepare fennel tea to lose weight:
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup of mineral water
- In a saucepan, pour the water and wait for it to boil.
- When the water reaches the boiling point, you add the fennel seeds and slightly turn the heat down.
- Let them simmer, covering the saucepan with a lid for about 10 minutes.
- After that time, remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the infusion, pouring the liquid into a glass.
- You can improve its flavor by adding a little natural honey or stevia.
The most recommended is taking about 2 or 3 cups a day of fennel tea to lose weight, preferably drinking one in the morning on an empty stomach, another after eating, and the last one after dinner.
And if, in addition, you want to enhance the slimming and fat-burning effects of this infusion, you can also prepare it by adding a small spoonful of chia seeds, which are perfect for accelerating metabolism and suppressing appetite. For more information, you can consult the article How to lose weight with chia seeds.
Fennel juice for weight loss
You can also take advantage of the properties of fennel to lose weight by consuming its juice. In this case, we propose a drink with which you will facilitate your digestion, improve the functioning of the liver, and prevent that annoying abdominal bloating. Take note of the following to prepare fennel juice to lose weight:
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 4 green apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 glass of water
- Chop the apples and fennel.
- Squeeze the lemon to get its juice.
- Pour all the ingredients into the blender, including the freshly squeezed lemon juice and water.
- Process until obtaining a homogeneous liquid, stir and drink.
Consuming this fennel juice can be comforting and soothing after eating heavy meals or dinners.
Fennel for weight loss: recipes
Other recipes with fennel to lose weight that you can include in your regular diet to eat healthily and lose weight at the same time are the ones shown below:
- Fennel and orange salad: clean and slice two fennel bulbs. Then, cut four oranges and separate their segments. Make a vinaigrette by mixing 100 ml of olive oil, the juice of 1 orange, a little apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Pour the vinaigrette over the fennel and orange salad, top with some black olives, and voila!
- Carrot and fennel cream: cut one fennel bulb into pieces and cook them in a pot with olive oil until they soften. Add 750 g of chopped carrot and two minced garlic cloves. Let this cook for about two minutes, and then add 4 cups of vegetable broth and a pinch of salt. Please wait for it to cook for about 20 minutes and, after this time, remove it from the heat. Add 1/3 cup of natural orange juice and process all the ingredients with the mixer until you get a cream. Finally, add a little salt and pepper to taste.
Before you start taking fennel to lose weight, it is essential to find out what its contraindications are, and its consumption is not recommended in the following cases:
- Pregnant or lactating women.
- People who are taking medication for epilepsy or seizure disorders.
- People who have an allergy to this plant.
- Patients with hypothyroidism due to its high iodine content.
Although it is a very safe herb, it is essential not to consume it excessively, as it could lead to side effects such as nerve disorders, intoxication, or muscle spasms.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Properties of fennel to lose weight and how to take it, we recommend that you enter our Food category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.