When the goal is to lose weight , many people base their diet on foods with negative calories to speed up the process, but what are these foods? A food is considered to provide negative calories when the body burns more energy during its digestion than the calories it provides. However, this theory is not yet fully accepted by the medical society, so its effectiveness is still under discussion.
However, as much is said about the subject and there are many people who have decided to eat in a hypocaloric way to lose the extra kilos obtaining a functional result, we have dedicated this article by FastlyHealto explain what a diet with a negative calorie balance consists of and what are the foods with negative calories, perfect for losing weight!
What is a negative calorie diet?
Although there are no foods that provide negative calories to the body, because we are talking about something impossible, since calories are a physical unit that cannot be negative, there are certain foods whose caloric contribution is low , despite that, they provide enough energy to our body to make the digestion process easier, accelerate metabolism and stimulate weight loss.
An example of this process is the intake of water, a drink that does not contain calories and that to be processed, our body uses a large part of its organs and expends much more energy than the vital liquid provides. Although no food is like water, that is, it has zero calories, there are some that through their consumption allow us to make our body accelerate its functioning in exchange for a low caloric intake. However, eating a diet based on negative calorie foods is not totally healthy, as it can cause malnutrition problems.
Negative calorie diet precautions
Foods with low caloric intake are not bad, but they tend to contain a lower concentration of nutrients, minerals and vitamins essential for the proper functioning of our body, therefore, abuse the intake of these foods or eat a diet based exclusively on their consumption it can trigger major illnesses such as malnutrition, anemia, vitamin deficiency, extreme weakness, low defenses, and other conditions.
Therefore, when the goal is to lose weight, the advisable thing to do to maintain good body health will be to go to a nutritionist who develops a balanced eating plan that complements the consumption of foods with negative calories in a regimen that includes all the food groups. Many people do drastic diets that, in addition to compromising their general well-being, obtain a rebound effect that makes the person gain the amount of kilos that they lost in the long run. Therefore, going to the medical specialist and following their instructions to the letter is important before starting a diet based on foods with negative calories without any supervision.
Negative calorie foods
- Vegetables: Brussels sprouts, asparagus, chard, green beans, celery, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, pea, cucumber, radish, lettuce, leek, spinach, eggplant, beet, watercress, fennel, endive, dandelion, artichoke, radish , mushrooms and tomato.
- Fruits: grapefruits, blueberries, apple, lemon, lime, apricot, banana, grape, plum, mango, melon, kiwi, lychee, melon, nectarine, peach, pear, pineapple, pomegranate, tangerine, strawberry and raspberry.
- Spices: chili, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, garlic, flax seeds, onion, and parsley.
- Nuts: almonds, Barcelona nuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, coconut, chestnuts, macadamias, peanuts, pine nuts and pistachio.
- Other foods: cheeses, boiled fish, low-fat yogurt, oatmeal, lentils, egg white, ground turkey.
Benefits of foods with negative calories, perfect for losing weight!
Among the main benefits of foods with negative calories , the following stand out:
What to avoid with negative calorie foods
To avoid complications in your health and well-being, we offer you the following recommendations:
- Do not eat these foods in excess to avoid damage to your health.
- Don’t eat a diet based on negative calorie foods.
- Prefer these foods to carry out a detox plan for 2 or 3 days before starting your balanced diet to lose weight.
- He prefers to eat food raw to absorb more nutrients.
See also the article Foods to lose weight .
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Foods with negative calories, perfect for losing weight! , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.