Sage is a plant of Mediterranean origin with many medicinal properties that are very beneficial for health. It is traditionally used in our gastronomy to provide a fresh aroma to dishes. Still, it is also instrumental in taking care of our bodies both inside and out.
Its many qualities, it helps us relieve stomach discomfort, improve digestive function, and deflate the abdomen. For this reason, this plant is considered an excellent ally to take care of the line and lose weight. In this FastlyHealarticle, you will learn about the benefits of sage for weight loss and how to get the most out of it.
Table of Contents
Properties of sage to lose weight
Sage has many healing properties that we want you to know about, but first of all, we will explain which ones are indicated to lose weight:
- Digestive properties: it is a good remedy against heavy digestions, stomach inflammations, diarrhea, heartburn, constipation, and vomiting; in short, it improves intestinal transit.
- Diuretic properties: sage has a diuretic effect, which means that it helps prevent fluid retention in the body, promoting the elimination of toxins.
- Carminative properties: this plant is also beneficial to avoid the appearance of gas and preventing bloating. In addition, it is an excellent option to reduce the annoying feeling of nerves in the pit of the stomach.
Other healing properties of sage
In addition to improving the functioning of the digestive system, this plant is recommended mainly for the following conditions:
- It is anti-inflammatory, so it helps to relieve muscle aches, working as a relaxant.
- It is an excellent soothing to the discomfort derived from the menstrual cycle; therefore, it is helpful for headaches and stomach pain.
- Its antiseptic properties also relieve various oropharyngeal inflammations, from angina or pharyngitis to gingivitis and other oral problems.
- It favors the decrease in blood sugar, which is advisable in specific diets for people with diabetes.
- It helps strengthen our immune system to fight viruses and bacteria while providing reasonable amounts of vitamins A and C.
- It acts as a tonic for the skin, improving its condition and accelerating the healing of ulcers, sores, and other skin infections.
- It is an excellent ally to combat body odor since it reduces excessive sweating and, by way of rinsing, it also prevents halitosis.
Steps to prepare a sage infusion
Preparing an infusion of sage is very simple. You only need 15 grams of this plant, a liter of water, and the sweetener of your choice, preferably stevia or honey, since sage can be slightly bitter.
It will be as easy as boiling the water, adding the sage leaves, and leaving it on the fire for 15 minutes. Then, let the mixture rest for a few minutes, and it will be ready. You can add a few drops of lemon juice or cinnamon to soften the flavor if you wish.
The sage infusion can be consumed both hot and cold. We recommend you take it on an empty stomach in the morning to make the most of its digestive and diuretic properties and repeat it throughout the day. We are sure that you will notice the result.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Benefits of sage for weight loss, we recommend that you enter our Wellbeing category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.