Vitamins, minerals, enzymes, herbs … Dietary supplements are an addition to our diet that provide us with nutrients necessary for the proper functioning of our body. Although these are not explicitly intended to cure diseases or conditions, they allow you to recover energy and help maintain a good quality of life.
But are food supplements good? Next, in this FastlyHealarticle, we give you the answer.
What are food supplements?
To assess the effectiveness of dietary supplements, it is essential to know what they are and how they work.
Food supplements are preparations that contain nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, or enzymes, among others, that allow us to regulate possible nutritional deficiencies that our body presents. Thus, these are products that help us supplement our diet to provide us with an extra amount of the nutrients that we lack the most, not the total amount because they do not replace food, and always according to each person’s case. For example, suppose someone needs an extra supply of specific components to improve an imbalance in cholesterol levels, apart from following a balanced diet and medical guidelines. In that case, they can opt for products such as food supplements to regulate cholesterol. If you want more information about them, enter here.
The hectic pace of life, lack of sleep or anxiety, and stress, among other factors, can generate imbalances in our bodies. Therefore, the objective of these supplements is to provide our body with those essential nutrients that are difficult to acquire in certain situations.
Types of food supplements
In pharmacies and establishments dedicated to nutrition, we will find multiple food supplements that can help us regulate the imbalances in our bodies. They stand out among them:
- Proteins: Proteins supplements are the most used since they are associated with sports. They are designed to help you gain muscle mass.
- Antioxidants: antioxidant food supplements help fight free radicals, which promote aging. Consuming more foods rich in antioxidants and supplementing your diet with these products will help delay the appearance of signs of aging. These supplements contain vitamins (A, C, E), beta-carotene, and selenium, among other nutrients.
- Cholesterol reducers: this type of nutritional supplement reduces the levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides. Examples are artichoke extract food supplements, green tea extract, or oral sterols.
- To lose weight: food supplements for weight loss are also widespread. Generally, these are fat burners that help burn more calories. Some of the best known are those supplements that contain caffeine, green tea, or garcinia Cambogia.
Are Dietary Supplements Good?
The answer is yes to the doubt about whether food supplements are good or not since they provide us with essential nutrients for our health. However, we must remember that they should not be consumed to fight diseases only with their intake, but they must be part of the healthy habits necessary to maintain optimal health.
For the accessories to have the expected positive effects, we recommend that you follow the following tips :
- Respect the rest time. Between 7 and 8 hours of sleep a day is recommended to favor the body.
- Maintain more or less fixed schedules, especially at bedtime, waking up, and mealtimes.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet, where vegetables, such as fruits, legumes, and cereals, predominate due to their high nutritional contribution.
- Practice moderate sports frequently and engage in outdoor activities.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Are food supplements good? We recommend that you enter our Food category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.