There is a universe of superfoods that still conserve all those essential nutrients that have been diminished compared to the poor quality of the food that is included in our diet today. The new term “superfood” gives category to all those products that have incredible properties for our body.
At FastlyHealwe want you to discover the properties and benefits of superfoods for health. Incorporate them into a balanced diet and you will notice their effects on a physical and emotional level. Choose the one that best suits your needs!
What are the most powerful superfoods
Next, we present the main superfoods that you can find in organic stores, herbalists, as well as in El Granero Integral . Prepare your shopping list with these incredible products that contain countless properties. Try them and they will become a basic and fundamental ingredient to carry out a healthy and balanced diet.
This is the list of the most powerful superfoods in the world:
- Andean Maca
- Col kale
Keep reading if you want to know what are the properties and benefits of each of them.
Chia seeds have become one of the best-known superfoods today. However, in the Mayan and Aztec civilizations it was already a basic product thanks to its multiple beneficial properties for health, thanks to its high content of antioxidants, fiber, proteins, potassium and calcium, among others.
Among the benefits of chia , we highlight:
- Protection from the harmful effects of the environment, such as tobacco smoke, UVA rays or pollution.
- Your extra energy supply.
- The feeling of satiety.
- Source of fiber and omega-3.
- Helps to lose weight.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that allow pain relief.
- Its antioxidant properties help eliminate toxins, liquids and regulate the intestinal flora.
Consuming chia seeds is very simple. You can include it in your breakfasts, in drinks or even use it as a substitute for other additives.
Other of the best known and most consumed seeds are those of hemp. It is an exceptional nutritional source characterized by providing very beneficial properties for our health:
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory, anthelmintic (to eliminate parasites) and antiseptics (preventing the growth of bacteria).
- It is a diuretic.
- It works against constipation.
- It has hypotensive power, helping to reduce blood pressure.
- Corrects menstrual irregularities and discomfort.
- It has emollient power, softening and nourishing the intestinal membranes.
- It acts as an anti-atherosclerotic to prevent blood flow problems.
Consume them in bread, cookies or cakes. You can eat them whole, in the form of oil, flour or sprouts.
Andean maca is a tuber native to Bolivia and Peru. It is a relatively new superfood for the western world, but one that is gaining more and more prominence thanks to being rich in nutrients, vitamins (B, C and E) and minerals such as calcium, potassium or magnesium.
Its main benefits are:
- It is effective in reducing stress, since it supports the adrenal glands.
- Regulates the endocrine system.
- Delays aging.
- Improves the quality of sleep and contributes to rest.
- Stimulates memory and brain function.
- It has analgesic effects.
- Relieves premenstrual and menopausal symptoms.
This tuber that can be cooked, pureed or even taken as a nutritional supplement.
In Asia, reishi is known as the mushroom of immortality. Its uses in medicine and its application in gastronomy have made it a superfood of the latest trend. It has also been recognized by the WHO for its anticancer power.
Its main benefits are:
- Helps treat degenerative neuronal diseases, such as Alzheimer’s.
- It strengthens the immune system and is a powerful antiviral.
- It is effective for cancer treatments.
- It acts as a natural antiallergic.
- It is rich in vitamins (B, C and D) and minerals (calcium or germanium).
It can be consumed mainly through capsules sold in herbalists.
Spirulina algae benefits
It is an algae with a high content of nutrients. Although its taste is somewhat difficult, its amount of minerals, vitamins, fatty acids and proteins make it an ideal superfood to include in our daily diet.
Among the benefits of spirulina , the following stand out:
- Its detox effect on the body.
- Its anti-aging power, thanks to its high content of antioxidants (beta-carotene, iron, vitamin B2, E, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium).
- Its contribution of unique essential acids, which cannot be found in products such as meat, fish or eggs.
- Its powerful action in the regeneration of the intestinal flora.
- Its positive effect on the recovery of energy and physical form, since it helps reduce exhaustion and is effective in cases of anemia.
Since it is an algae with a complicated taste, it is normal to consume it through capsules or dietary supplements. You can also include it in powder in your smoothies or sauces.
Benefits of cabbage kale
Popularly known as kale, kale is a leading source of vitamins and minerals, making it one of the superfood queens.
Among its benefits we highlight:
- Anti-cancer and detoxifying properties.
- Activates the immune system.
- Prevents the onset of Alzheimer’s.
- It is low in calories.
- It is a source of fiber.
- It contains more calcium than milk and more iron than meat.
- It is an alkaline, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory food.
You can prepare kale in salads, stews, or in the oven. You can also eat it alone, dehydrated or even include it in vegetable smoothies. Discover it!
Now that you know the properties and benefits of superfoods for health, you may also be interested in this other article by FastlyHealabout The 10 worst foods for health .
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Properties and benefits of superfoods for health , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.