Known as the happiness hormone, endorphins are neurotransmitters that we naturally have in our body, but that can be reduced or increased depending on some factors such as exercise and diet, among other factors. Being able to release endorphins helps us feel better about ourselves, happier, happier, and with a much more positive attitude; for this reason, it is essential to carry out life practices that increase the production of this hormone.
Next, in FastlyHealwe are going to discover some foods that increase endorphins and that you can include in your diet; In addition, we are also going to detail other practices that you can carry out in your day-to-day life that will help you stimulate this hormone.
Table of Contents
Endorphins are proteins that are created at the base of the brain. The stimulation of this substance depends on whether the activity we are doing is pleasant and pleasant; it is at this moment when we release endorphins, and we feel well-being and a better mood.
But, in addition, depending on what we are doing, it is possible that, in addition to endorphin, we are producing other brain substances such as serotonin or dopamine. These additional components help us feel happy.
Among the benefits of endorphins, we highlight the following:
- Relaxing effect: due to the sensation of pleasure, we relax and get ready to enjoy well-being.
- More positivism: they also help the mood to improve and, therefore, we see the world from a more optimistic prism.
- They regulate blood pressure: they also manage to keep blood pressure at stable levels, making our organs work properly.
- They reduce anxiety: the release of endorphins also helps relax the mood, reduce stress and overcome episodes of concern because the effect they produce is pleasure and happiness.
Chocolate for endorphins
One of the foods that increase endorphins is chocolate. Surely more than once, you’ve heard the myth that chocolate is a substitute for sex. This statement resides precisely because it is one of the foods that most help to stimulate the production of this hormone naturally. Cocoa provides a stimulating effect on our body and helps activate the nervous system, improving mood.
They are composed of ” phytocannabinoids, “a component that provides a pleasant effect. In addition, sugar and cocoa make the body more willing to absorb tryptophan, an element that helps increase serotonin in the brain. Another component that contributes to improving the feeling of well-being is phenylethylamine, which increases the sugar level in the blood, providing a stimulating effect.
Another way to increase endorphins is by consuming spicy foods, especially those containing capsaicin since this substance helps fight frustration and depression. But, in general, any spicy food can increase the sensation of well-being since the brain perceives the spicy as if it were pain and, to reduce it, it releases endorphins to calm that fictitious “pain.”
When capsaicin or the spicy component of food comes into contact with the taste buds of our tongue, the receptors of the same send a brain signal that is similar to what we experience when we suffer some pain and, to calm it, our body releases endorphin, achieving a feeling of well-being. This is why spicy foods can become addictive.
Although it is not the food itself, ginseng can be added to your culinary recipes and, thus, take full advantage of its properties. It is an ideal medicinal herb to improve mood. It is recommended for people who suffer from anxiety and depressive episodes since it manages to stimulate the nervous system, balancing the spirit.
It can increase the production of endorphins and provide us with the extra energy that helps overcome both physical and mental fatigue. Therefore, adding a little of this herb to your day-to-day will make you feel more vital, with a feeling of well-being and, also, with more desire to have sex (another of the practices that can help you healthily increase endorphins). Natural).
In this FastlyHealarticle, we discover the properties and contraindications of ginseng so that you know everything about this natural remedy.
Foods rich in Omega 3
Foods such as tuna, sardines, or salmon are rich in Omega 3, an essential fatty acid that helps improve our mood and can only be ingested with food. Unlike other nutrients produced by our body, in the case of Omega 3, we can only introduce it externally since we do not have it.
People who suffer from depression usually have a deficiency of EPA, an eicosapentaenoic fatty acid part of the Omega 3 group. If we take it, it can reduce symptoms such as sadness, anxiety, or sleep disorders. Therefore, create a diet rich in this type of nutrient, and you will feel more vital and happy.
Tips to increase endorphins
In addition to diet, other factors can help you improve endorphin production and, thus, feel better in your day-to-day life. Next, we are going to give you a list of actions that can improve your mood:
- Physical exercise: not only does it help us stay in proper physical shape, but, in addition, practicing sports causes our brain to release endorphins naturally, thus making us satisfied and with a feeling of well-being during and after training. Especially cardiovascular exercise is the one that best provides this effect since it stimulates the whole organism by making the blood flow through the body and improving the transport of oxygen.
- Challenge yourself: it is clear that happiness also depends on yourself so try, as much as possible, to avoid boring and routine life and set yourself goals or challenges that you find stimulating to fulfill. When you reach them, you will see that you will feel good about yourself and very satisfied.
- Practice sex: it is another of the acts that release more endorphins since the pleasure experienced during sexual stimulation manages to release this hormone but also others such as pheromones that generate a deep feeling of happiness. The same happens when we kiss, caress or hug.
- Laugh: it is also proven that laughter stimulates our body, improves breathing, releases stress, and, in addition, produces endorphins. So if you want to feel better and laugh, a good laughter therapy session may be what you need.
- Surround yourself with nature: the negative ions found in natural areas manage to stimulate this hormone and, therefore, make us feel much more relaxed, calm, and with a feeling of well-being.
- Relaxation exercises: it is also clear that when we are relaxed, it is easier for endorphins to appear more efficiently; therefore, practices such as yoga, meditation, or a relaxing massage will make you feel immense pleasure and that you are comfortable with yourself.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Foods that increase endorphins, we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.