Does the fat accumulate around your belly and would you like to eliminate it to be able to show off a flatter abdomen? In addition to following a low-calorie diet and doing some exercise, to achieve this goal, you can also use natural products such as green tea. You know why? Because this popular drink is one of the best remedies to speed up metabolism and increase fat burning due to its antioxidant, thermogenic and diuretic properties. In addition to this, it is a very healthy drink that will greatly benefit your body in general. Continue reading this article by FastlyHealand discover how to drink green tea to slim the abdomen.
Does green tea burn belly fat?
Green tea is a highly antioxidant drink that, thanks to its nutritional composition, has become one of the best allies for losing weight and eliminating abdominal fat. Discover below what are the main benefits of green tea for weight loss and how it can help you achieve a flatter and fat-free stomach:
Speeds up metabolism
Green tea contains high amounts of polyphenols, which are antioxidant substances that help accelerate metabolism naturally. This makes the digestive enzymes work much more efficiently and quickly, resulting in a higher caloric expenditure and a better absorption of fats, which causes this fat to be used as energy and, therefore, does not end up accumulating in the body.
Increase fat burning
To the above, we must add that green tea has thermogenic properties, that is, it naturally helps to expend more energy and, therefore, to burn a greater amount of fat, thus promoting weight loss. In addition to this, it has the ability to inhibit lipolysis, which is the process by which fats are broken down, and this prevents fat absorption, so weight gain is not favored.
It is diuretic
Another of the great benefits of green tea for weight loss is that it improves diuresis, which is why it helps to leave the body free of toxins and to eliminate retained fluids, thus reducing swelling in various areas of the body where retention may occur. of liquid.
Reduce the cholesterol
Due to the properties of green tea that allow to synthesize fats, it is also a perfect natural remedy to reduce bad cholesterol in the blood and protect the health of the liver.
Discover in the following FastlyHealarticle, many other benefits of green tea .
How to prepare green tea to slim the abdomen
There are several ways in which you can take green tea to slim the abdomen, as we will see later, but one of the most common and effective also to eliminate fluid retention is to consume it as an infusion . To do this, you can buy ready-made green tea bags or buy dried green tea leaves at any herbalist. For its preparation, you must follow the following steps:
- Heat 1 cup of mineral water to about 75 degrees Celsius.
- Add the green tea bag or 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves.
- Let it infuse for about 3 or 5 minutes.
- After that time, strain the liquid obtained and that’s it!
How to drink green tea to get a flat abdomen
In addition to making a good preparation, it is very important to follow the recommendations that we indicate below to drink green tea correctly and to be able to achieve good results favoring weight loss at all times:
- Drink 3 cups a day of green tea and do not exceed that amount.
- Drink each cup about 30 minutes after each main meal so that it does not interfere with the absorption of iron from the food eaten and, at the same time, to promote the acceleration of metabolism and the burning of fats.
- One of the most slimming natural preparations is green tea with lemon and taken on an empty stomach, so the first cup of the day could be substituted for this preparation by drinking it before breakfast. To prepare it, you just have to add to the previous infusion about 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 small tablespoon of honey.
- Although green tea can help you burn abdominal fat and have a flatter abdomen, it is important that you keep in mind that it is a natural product and not a miracle product. It will help you if you use it as a complement to a hypocaloric diet and a daily routine of physical exercise . If you have doubts about which plan to follow to lose weight, the best option is to consult a professional nutritionist to provide you with the proper guidance.
Other ways to drink green tea to lose weight
As we have already mentioned, you can not only lose weight with green tea by consuming it as an infusion, but you can also choose to buy it in other formats, such as green tea extract capsules or powdered green tea.
Green tea capsules
Green tea extract capsules can be found in health food stores or stores specializing in the sale of natural products. They also work by accelerating metabolism and increasing fat burning through the thermogenesis process.
It is recommended to take 2 to 4 capsules of 500 mg of green tea a day with meals and accompanied by a large glass of water. In any case, it is important that the indications described in the leaflet of each food supplement purchased are followed.
Powdered green tea
On the other hand, you can also burn abdominal fat and lose weight by drinking powdered matcha green tea, which concentrates the properties of this product to a greater degree. You can take 1 dessert spoon of this green tea in hot water or warm or hot vegetable milk and drink about 2 cups a day. For more details, see our article on Matcha green tea for weight loss: how to drink it .
How long to take green tea to lose weight
The period of time in which the slimming effects of green tea are noticed in the body can vary considerably from one person to another, since this is something that will depend on individual factors such as the following:
- Whether or not you follow a balanced, low-calorie diet.
- You do or do not do physical exercise regularly.
- Your metabolism is slow or fast.
Therefore, what we can say is that for green tea to be a good aid to lose weight, it must be taken in the way that we have indicated in this article and combined with a healthy and balanced diet and the practice of physical exercise.
Green tea contraindications
Now that you know how to drink green tea to slim the abdomen and improve your figure, make sure before consuming it that it will not be counterproductive to your health. This drink is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Pregnant women.
- Lactating women.
- Patients with hypertension.
- Very nervous or anxious people.
- Patients with iron deficiency anemia.
- Patients with clotting problems or who are taking anticoagulant medications.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to drink green tea to lose weight , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.