Natural medicine has gained importance again in recent times. Knowing nature’s elements to help regain body balance is a great tool that perfectly complements current treatment. Many scientific works take the recovery of these practices as a central theme. One of them is olive oil, which has shown many benefits with its regular consumption. Now, what happens when it is consumed with another powerful health agent such as lemon? Can it be ingested daily? What effects does it have? You will find this and much more in the following FastlyHealarticle about olive oil with lemon on an empty stomach: what it is for and its benefits.
Olive oil benefits
It is essential to clarify this. The olive oil that has shown the great benefits that will be presented below is extra virgin olive oil, that is, that obtained by cold pressing. If the oil has undergone some other refining processor has been mixed with other oils (it is prevalent to find it combined with the harmful palm, soy, or canola oil), it loses those fruitful characteristics, but it can even cause damage to the body.
Among the benefits of taking extra virgin olive oil frequently are:
- Antioxidation: favors normal processes in the body, inhibiting damage caused by the current lifestyle acting as excellent resistance to oxidation.
- Anti-inflammatory: reduces body inflammation, favoring all kinds of healing processes.
- Antifungal – Benefits have been reported to fight yeast infections in the body.
- It collaborates in liver cleansing: its beneficial oils help the liver cleanse itself of accumulated impurities, present in the form of grits and stones both at the gallbladder and bile ducts and within the liver.
- Heat resistant: it is the only oil that does not generate toxic residues if cooked with it. Although some properties are lost (which is why some recommend not to cook with it), only olive oil preserves its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capacity if exposed to heat.
All these characteristics allow us to understand why it is so healthy and why it must replace any other oil, except for the healthy cold-pressed oils obtained from flax, chia, sesame, and sunflower, since these have essential fatty acids (omega 3, 6, and 9). However, it is still better to consume them with the whole seeds. In any case, these oils, no matter how healthy and beneficial they are, should be incorporated into the diet in a limited way: in small quantities and avoid consuming them cooked.
You can expand this information by consulting the article Benefits of olive oil for health.
It is challenging to synthesize the tremendous amount of benefits that freshly squeezed lemon brings to the body in just one article. It should also be clarified that for lemon to have the best effect on the body, it must be consumed naturally, fresh, squeezed instantly, and, above all, away from other foods. It can be combined with water to soften its flavor.
The benefits of lemon are:
- It is rich in minerals: calcium, iron, silicates, sodium, potassium, sulfur, magnesium, and phosphorus. All essential for normal body function.
- The outstanding contribution of vitamin C.
- It is a powerful bactericide and antimicrobial.
- It helps clean and expel accumulated toxins in the body: liver and fat. We facilitate the purifying function of organs such as the liver, skin, or kidneys.
- Despite its acidic taste, it contains bases that help alkalize the body, which is why it is instrumental in treating numerous diseases, including gastric acidity problems, very different from what was believed.
- Antihemorrhagic: helps stop bleeding.
What is olive oil with lemon for on an empty stomach?
As we have seen, taking olive and lemon oil away from other foods has excellent benefits, which is easy to do on an empty stomach in the morning. In this way, its absorption and the effect that both substances generate in the body are better.
Treatment can be carried out for 15 days, consuming extra virgin olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon at the rate of 2 tablespoons of olive oil and two lemons. It is essential to do it for a while and then suspend it since it will be enough to achieve the following effects :
- Cleaning the liver: the liver is like a giant sponge that helps clean everything our body ingests and does not need or use. Part of that cleaning generates waste accumulation within the organ itself, so it is necessary to clean it. This task can be carried out by himself, but since the intake of toxins has been too abundant since childhood, this purification capacity is usually insufficient.
- Antioxidant: helps to limit oxidative processes in the body, with which there are benefits for the preservation of healthy tissues, slowing down their aging hampered by an unhealthy lifestyle.
- Lemon helps clean toxic accumulations in other areas of the body, such as fatty tissue, kidneys, and skin, with which the cleaning process occurs very wholly.
It may be that during this treatment, you have symptoms such as diarrhea, cough, secretions, strong urine, pimples, or skin rashes. All this is part of the mobilization of impurities and should not be stopped but should be encouraged because your body is detoxifying, and you must help it. How?:
- With steam baths.
- Drinking large amounts of water can drink infusions that help clean the kidney (horsetail, corn beard).
- They are making rest and a quiet life those days.
Precautions when taking olive oil with lemon
As we have said, this treatment of olive oil with lemon on an empty stomach can be for about two weeks. You should not prolong it any longer since, like everything, if it is done exaggeratedly, it can cause harm.
Children can also do this, but they can do it only with olive oil, one tablespoon on an empty stomach will be enough.
Something significant to accompany this process, almost fundamental, is to maintain a healthy diet, since you cannot or should not overload your digestive system so that it can mainly deal with detoxification:
- Your diet should be mainly based on raw fruits and vegetables prepared in any way, seasoned or not.
- You can also add nuts and seeds, which will provide the necessary essential fatty acids.
- An element that cannot be missing every day is the apple since the malic acid it has is critical to soften the dirt in the liver. It would be best to consume many of them the days before cleaning, as it will be much more effective.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Olive oil with lemon on an empty stomach: what it is for and benefits, we recommend entering our Food category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.