Oatmeal is a cereal rich in protein, vitamins and minerals, which is why it is considered the ideal breakfast, not only because of all the nutrients it will provide, but also because of the feeling of satiety it will cause in your body, thus preventing you from eating between meals. Another way to use this cereal is through oatmeal water , which has great cleansing benefits and is ideal if you want to lose weight . At FastlyHealwe explain what the properties of oats are .
Table of Contents
Its fiber content promotes intestinal movement, making it ideal for preventing constipation and promoting the growth of healthy bacteria that will help protect the intestine. When oats pass through the intestinal tract, it absorbs waste such as bile or cholesterol and allows it to be expelled through the stool, this helps to purify the gallbladder and thus prevent stones and colic.
To lose weight
Oats are high in soluble fiber, when it comes into contact with water, it increases its size, generating a feeling of satiety. That is why it is recommended for people who are on a diet to lose weight , it will provide you with the necessary satiety to avoid eating between meals and reduce the anxiety to eat sweets. In addition, it has diuretic properties thanks to its silicon content, which increases urine production, which is beneficial for purifying your body. Cook for 30 minutes, 5 tablespoons of oatmeal for each glass of water and drink two glasses throughout the day.
For cholesterol and diabetes
It is an ideal ingredient to treat cholesterol, in addition to having a healthy diet, it will not only help lower cholesterol but is a way to prevent cardiovascular problems. Being rich in slow absorption carbohydrates allows greater control over blood sugar levels, so it is recommended for people with diabetes. It is advisable to consume oatmeal during the first hours of the morning, on an empty stomach and preferably before noon.
For stress and anxiety
Another of the properties of oats is that it has a sedative effect on the central nervous system, thanks to the content of B complex vitamins, it is also useful for children with hyperactivity or inattention problems. Include this cereal in your daily diet, it is preferable to substitute children’s sugary cereals for oats.
External uses of oats
The properties of oats are not limited to internal use, we can also use it externally to care for the skin and hair and enjoy all its benefits:
- Dermatitis : among its properties is that it relieves itching. Boil half a cup of oatmeal per liter of water and apply compresses of this water on the eczema.
- Acne : make a mask by mixing 5 tablespoons of oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 egg whites. Place it on your face for 30 minutes. It is ideal for removing blemishes and blackheads, which is why it is often used as an ingredient in creams, shampoos and masks for skin care.
- Rheumatic pains : mix a little oatmeal with vinegar and boil until it becomes pasty, this has an anti-inflammatory effect so it will help reduce joint pain.
Recipes with oatmeal
Here are some ideas for incorporating oatmeal into your daily diet:
- Vanilla oatmeal smoothie : put 2 glasses of skim milk, 2 tablespoons of rolled oats and a splash of vanilla extract in the blender. Try not to add sugar, you can also sprinkle a little cinnamon.
- Oatmeal cookies : preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place 230 g of oat flakes, 100 g of flour, 150 g of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of yeast and a pinch of salt in a container. Mix all ingredients. In another container, place 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Add everything to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula. When it is a homogeneous mixture, form balls and flatten them, place them on a baking tray and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Oatmeal pancakes : mix in a blender or food processor 2 cups of flour, 2 tablespoons of rolled oats, 1 teaspoon of honey, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, a pinch of salt, ½ banana, 1 teaspoon of extract vanilla and 1 cup of milk. Put a little butter in the pan and place a tablespoon of the mixture, cook on one side and then the other. Serve them hot.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Properties of oats , we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.