Over time, our body accumulates toxins. These substances are present in our body for external and internal causes. First, diet is essential since consuming certain unhealthy foods tends to contain higher toxins. When this occurs, our body may alert us with different signals, and we must adopt a series of measures to try to eliminate these harmful substances. Therefore, in this FastlyHealarticle, we recommend the best foods to detoxify the body.
The effect of toxins
The toxins are toxic substances that accumulate in the body and can be harmful to health if left unchecked proliferation. Toxins come from outside, through food, respiration, or even skin absorption, as well as from inside, since our body creates toxins due to physiological metabolism.
The body considers toxins to be anything that does not fulfill a biological function, and once these are found in our body, they are transported through the blood to different organs. As a result, these invasive agents can produce a temporary dysfunction in the body, even generating permanent damage. This accumulation of toxins mainly affects the endocrine, immune and neurological systems, and its adverse effects are manifested in diseases such as asthma, allergies, obesity, autoimmune diseases, etc. For this reason, we need to detoxify the body to get rid of excess toxins.
How to know if I have an excess of toxins
It is very likely that now you are wondering if, in your case, there will be an excess of toxins. The truth is that most people have toxins in the body, but their effects do not manifest until there is an excess of these agents for a long time. Some of the signs that could warn us that we need to detoxify the body are:
- I usually feel tired . If you get enough sleep each day to feel rested and still feel tired, you may need to detoxify your body.
- Weight gain . If you are trying to lose weight, you are trying it correctly, that is, eating a proper diet and exercising, and instead of losing weight, you are gaining a few kilos; it can be another sign of excess toxins. This may be related to a hormonal problem.
- Constipation . Toxins are expelled through the intestines, so accumulating these can cause constipation.
- Bad breath . If you suffer from bad breath despite good oral hygiene, it is probably due to liver problems when trying to eliminate toxins in said organ.
- Skin reactions . An excess of toxins can manifest through the skin, with some skin conditions such as acne, rashes, and others.
If you have detected any of these symptoms, you likely need to detoxify your body.
Foods to detoxify the body
- Garlic . Garlic is a potent diuretic and stimulant. Its sulfur content makes consuming garlic frequently favor the detoxification of our body and the elimination of heavy metals that we accumulate with the diet.
- Green leaves . By having a high content of antioxidants and having diuretic actions, they can eliminate toxins and free radicals.
- Artichokes . Its cynarin content stimulates bile production, thus increasing the body’s ability to eliminate fat during digestion. Therefore, including this food in our diet for a week can promote detoxification of the body.
- Beets . Rich in antioxidants that stimulate digestion and the proper functioning of the liver and gallbladder.
- Slaw . It favors detoxification and protects the body due to its fiber content and other sulfur compounds.
- Fruit . Fresh fruit provides us with vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants, and water, making it perfect for hydrating and promoting the expulsion of toxins from the body.
- Whole grains . Being rich in fiber, antioxidants, and nutrients, they are an excellent food to detoxify the body.
Detox drink to detoxify the body
Although these drinks are positive for detoxifying the body, we should not abuse them since, typically, the cleansing diets that accompany this preparation are very restrictive, leading to health risks. Do not forget to eat a varied and balanced diet.
The detox drink has strong detoxifying powers that can cleanse our bodies quickly. We will be able to eliminate toxins by accelerating the metabolism and favoring the body’s natural process, and achieving even weight loss.
- 2 stalks of celery.
- Two tablespoons of grated ginger.
- 1 tomato.
- Half a cucumber.
- Half lemon.
- A pinch of chili powder or chili.
Add all the ingredients to the blender and let it work for a few seconds until all the ingredients have dissolved and we obtain the desired content. Then we should try to drink the juice as soon as possible. In case of storing the rest, do it in a container with airtight closure and keep it in the fridge.
Drink this juice every day to detoxify the body three times a day, between meals.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Foods to detoxify the body , we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.