Nature offers a wide variety of natural plants that provide health benefits. On many occasions, these plants help cure diseases without generating complications or side effects.
The matico is a plant commonly known as “grass soldier” it is called in this way because the soldiers used it to control bleeding caused in combat and promote healing. It is native to Chile, but it is also found in Peru and Argentina. Its name comes from a wounded Spanish soldier named Matico, who, observing the population where he was, learned about the benefits offered by this plant. From this moment on, it is used in natural medicine as an anti-hemorrhagic drug and to heal wounds.
FastlyHealIn this article, we explain everything you need to know about them Attic: what it does, its properties, benefits, and contraindications.
What is matico for
The matico is a plant that is used with great success in natural medicine, and it is used to treat different diseases or conditions, among which are:
- Skin problems
- Digestive discomfort
- Respiratory disorders.
- Genitourinary disorders.
- Dental problems.
Among the properties of the matico are:
- It has antitussive, anti-inflammatory, and bactericidal properties to treat respiratory diseases. Due to this, it contributes to the treatment of typical respiratory infections, such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, common colds, or pneumonia.
- Softens and has an emollient effect on the skin and wounds: this plant contains elements that help to improve skin lesions such as infections caused by acne, wounds, ulcers and scrapes, boils, soothe bites, etc.
- Diuretic and depurative: used in cases of kidney stones and urinary inflammations, it helps to reduce inflammation of the organs of this urinary system.
- Antihemorrhagic: it is used to treat wounds and reduce bleeding after tooth extractions.
- Analgesic: it can reduce pain in cases of wounds and inflammations.
- Antifungal: it is used to treat infections caused by fungi.
- For the hair: it has antibacterial, astringent, and healing properties. Its use is excellent in dandruff, dry scalp, and seborrhea cases.
- At the dental level: it is used with excellent results in cases of the discomfort of the gums due to the extraction of teeth.
The matico plant offers the following benefits for the health of the body:
- Regulates digestion.
- Protects the intestinal mucosa.
- It acts on alterations caused by gas and flatulence.
- It affects gastritis by controlling it.
- It can treat gastric ulcers.
- It can be used with excellent results in genitourinary infectious processes and venereal diseases such as gonorrhea and syphilis.
- It affects vaginal diseases and the genitals of men.
- It contributes to the expulsion of kidney stones and small gallstones. It does not act at the level of large ones.
Contraindications of matico
At a general level, it should be taken into account that natural plants should not be used for long periods. The matico plant should not be used in the following cases:
- Patients with glaucoma, diabetes and other diseases require treatments under strict medical prescription.
- Pregnant women.
- It should not be ingested during breastfeeding. In this way, disorders in the baby can be prevented.
- Do not consume with other medications to avoid some interactions.
How to prepare the matico
The matico can be obtained in natural products stores, or you can prepare it yourself in infusions or tea.
In the same way, it is used for problems of wounds or bruises, applying the plant on the skin but after preparing an infusion with it.
- It can be prepared as an infusion with the leaves and applied to the chest as a massage to treat respiratory problems. In the same way, it can be ingested as tea and consumed 2 cups a day after meals.
- In cases of digestive disorders: taking an infusion 3 times a day helps to counteract gas, ulcers, and dyspepsia.
- For skin problems: there are preparations in ointments or creams that can be applied to injuries, such as wounds or bruises.
- To treat bleeding, the leaves’ powder is used place in the wound with excellent results.
The use of matico should be recommended by medical personnel knowledgeable about natural plants, especially in those required to obtain the benefits of the plant combined with conventional treatments if necessary. Do not hesitate to go to the doctor to confirm the indication of this plant in case you need it.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Matico: what it is for, properties, benefits, and contraindications, we recommend entering our Wellbeing category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.