One way to help you lose weight is to include some natural supplements in your diet that can enhance fat burning and accelerate metabolism. In this sense, one of the most popular products that have been made is chia seeds, an ideal complement for low-calorie diets that help you burn fat as well as improve the elimination of toxins.
In this FastlyHealarticle, we will help you lose weight with chia seeds indicating their properties and how you can consume them. Also, we will explain the contraindications so that your weight loss is healthy and without any risk.
Chia properties for weight loss
To understand why chia seeds are good for helping us lose weight, we have to understand their properties. It is a natural component that brings us great benefits but among them, we highlight the following:
- Speeds up metabolism: chia seeds are very rich in fiber, something that improves the functioning of the digestive system, promoting a good intestinal transit and, in addition, getting the metabolism to be active and burning more fat. At FastlyHealwe discover other natural fat burners to lose weight.
- Combat cellulite: they are also rich in Omega 3, a nutrient that helps eliminate fluid retention, in addition to preventing premature aging of cells, thus showing a much smoother and more elastic skin.
- Satiating effect: also related to fiber, chia seeds are a great option to regulate our appetite and make us feel less hungry. For this, it will be necessary that you accompany them with a glass of water as they will inflate in the stomach, and you will feel full.
- It improves the digestion of food: fiber also makes the food we eat digest better. Therefore, we eliminate waste more quickly and do not accumulate toxins or fluids in our bodies.
- Prevents fat: by helping to cleanse the body from within, it ensures that food is used and, therefore, that it is not stored in the body as saturated fat.
Chia seeds for weight loss
For all the reasons we have just listed, chia seeds are an ideal supplement that will help you lose weight naturally and progressively. It would help if you kept in mind that this is not a miracle remedy, so to see results in your body, it will be essential that you follow a low-fat diet and practice sports frequently.
You will get chia seeds to accelerate your weight loss by following healthy lifestyle habits. At FastlyHealwe discover some quick ways to lose weight .
You can add these seeds to your daily life in different ways. One of the most popular is to consume one tablespoon half an hour before lunch and one before dinner, trying never to exceed 25 grams. With this practice, you will be able to satisfy your appetite, in addition to all the benefits that we have indicated in the previous section.
If you don’t like taking a tablespoon of seeds directly, you can prepare them as follows: add the tablespoon to a glass of water and let it rest for about 30 minutes; After this time, you will see that a jelly-like paste has formed that you can take. Another option is to grind the seeds and drink them mixed in water to pass better down the throat.
You can also mix them with your dishes or drinks; a good way is to add them to yogurts, salads, or juices that you prepare. In this way, you will be benefiting from its properties but without having to take them individually.
Above all, the most important thing to lose weight with chia seeds is that you drink 2 liters of water a day to reduce the feeling of hunger, which can purify your body and improve intestinal transit. Hydration is essential for the effect of this supplement to be as expected.
Chia seeds contraindications
Although, in general terms, these seeds are good for health, there are indeed some contraindications regarding their taking. Above all, for people who suffer from some type of health disorder, chia can be harmful to them. Next, we will discover it for you:
- If you suffer from diarrhea or intestinal disorders, chia is not recommended because it is very rich in fiber and could worsen your condition.
- People who suffer from diverticulosis, irritable bowel or stomach or colon surgery should not take this food as its richness in fiber could cause damage.
- People who have low blood pressure cannot include them in their diet either because one of the properties of this component is that it helps reduce tension. Therefore, if you have low blood pressure, as if you take blood pressure medication, you should consult your doctor before taking it.
- If you are taking anticoagulant medications (even aspirin), you should not add the seeds to your diet either, as they also act as a natural anticoagulant and could enhance the effect of the medications.
- People who are allergic to nuts should try some seeds before taking them regularly as they could also have an allergic reaction to this product.
- If you have diabetes, you will have to consult with your doctor before taking them as it could enhance the effects of the medication.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Losing weight with chia seeds , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.