Do you want to get rid of those extra kilos? There are some changes you can make to your diet and lifestyle that will help you lose weight without you even realizing it. The secret to losing weight is none other than eating low-fat foods combined with regular exercise, although it is true that there are some tricks that can help make the process of losing weight easier and that you do not pass a single drop of hunger.
At FastlyHealwe are going to discover you some quick ways to lose weight with which you will be able to regain your figure and, in addition, you will learn the healthiest habits with which you will be able to maintain your ideal weight. Do you sign up for a healthy life?
Table of Contents
Eat to lose weight
The key to success to lose weight lies in food because we have to have the conception of our body as if it were a car. Just as a vehicle needs gasoline to function, we need calories from food to live, to have the energy necessary for our entire body to function properly and for us to feel healthy and strong.
The problem is that, currently, many of the foods we eat either have little nutrients or are full of fats that do not contribute anything to our body, rather the opposite: they harm it. It is for this reason that it is vitally important to follow the guidelines of a healthy diet in which quality ingredients are taken and thus enjoying all the energy that its calories contribute to our body. And what are these guidelines? Here they are:
- Eat 5 times a day
In this way, you make your body spend more hours of the day working to assimilate food, thus accelerating your metabolism. In addition, dividing your day into different shots you can satisfy your appetite and you will not arrive at lunch or dinner with a voracious hunger.
- Have a strong breakfast
It is said that it is the most important meal of the day and this statement is totally true because it gives us the energy we need to face the day and, in addition, it makes us not so hungry afterwards. It is best to combine carbohydrates and proteins at this time of day to get a lot of energy that you will consume throughout the day.
- Light dinner
Just as you have to eat a strong breakfast to prepare for the energy expenditure that you will have during the day, dinner time is just the opposite. Remember that at night you will hardly consume calories so it is important that you try not to fill your body with calories that it will not be able to assimilate and that, by not burning, will end up turning into fat. For dinner, it’s best to opt for cooked vegetables and a serving of low-fat protein (lean meats or white fish). Fruits are not a good option because they have a lot of sugar.
- Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables
They are two of the most beneficial food groups for health since they contain a large amount of nutrients and, on the contrary, they have hardly any calories. So they are the most suitable ingredients to lose weight. Also, keep in mind that most are rich in fiber so you will have a wide feeling of satiety that will reduce the feeling of hunger.
- Cut back on carbohydrates
Reduce yes, eliminate no. Hydrates are necessary for our body because they contain a lot of energy and vitamins that are optimal for the body to function. However, it is true that you have to take some precautions when including this food group in your diet: the first thing is that you should reduce its intake to the first half of the day (there are studies that assure that the maximum time to take carbohydrates is the 5 pm); The second is that they should always be made with whole wheat flour because white flour is refined, which means that it contains many sugars, in addition to having hardly any nutrients. The whole wheat, on the other hand, is rich in fiber and therefore contains nutrients, provides a greater feeling of satiety and helps to purify the body.
- Cook lightly
And finally, it is important that you avoid cooking fried chicken because everything you do to lose weight will not do any good. You should opt for cooking methods that are healthy, such as grilling, baking, or steaming. Above all, you should reduce the oil in your diet (never eliminate it, as they contain fatty acids that are good for the body) and forget about sauces as they contain many calories and fat.
Tricks to lose weight
Once we have indicated everything you must do to design your healthy menu, we are going to indicate some tricks that can help you in your company and make you achieve your goal of losing weight in a simpler way and without starving. Take aim!
- Serve food on small plates : it is known that many times we eat with our eyes, so a good way to trick your mind is to serve your food on a small plate so that you can see it overflowing but that, deep down, the quantity is smaller. It is also a good idea to make mixed dishes , that is, to have the first and second dishes in the same dish, because, in this way, you reduce the amount of both dishes and you get to see it equally full and very appetizing.
- Meat or fish the size of your hand : a good way to control the ideal amount to avoid gaining weight is to always follow the value provided by the size of the palm of your hand. Thus, the pieces of meat or fish that you consume will never have to exceed this limit, thus, you will know exactly how much to take.
- Drink liquid before eating : to reduce hunger and sit at the table in a controlled way, there is nothing better than starting your menu with a natural juice, a cup of cleansing broth, a vegetable cream or a glass of warm water with lemon. The four options are perfect to satisfy your initial hunger, in addition to providing very favorable nutrients for your body.
- The controlled pantry : to avoid falling into the temptation of eating something outside the diet (chocolates, snacks, potato chips, etc.) it is best that you stop including these types of products on your shopping list and only have options healthy or low in calories. We know that it is always good to have a cookie at home but instead of buying the usual ones you can opt for ones that are wholegrain and sugar-free, so you can be satisfied but without spending too much.
- Weigh yourself once a week : in order not to abandon your healthy life, the best thing is that you yourself one day to weigh yourself and that you write down your evolution in a notebook. In this way you will be able to move forward with your purpose of losing weight by motivating yourself with the results and by having a mandatory appointment with the scale. Above all , do not weigh yourself more times! Because the result might not be what you expected and you could be demotivated, you can also fall into a dangerous obsession.
Sport to lose weight
We have said that reviewing your diet is essential to lose weight but another of the quick ways to lose weight is to start introducing physical exercise into your daily life. For what? If we manage to reduce the calories we eat daily and make our dishes healthy, we will not store more fat, but what happens with the one we already have in our body?
To accelerate its elimination, it is best to practice sports and, thus, increase the caloric consumption of your body that will need more calories (that is, energy) to function. This will be how you will begin to burn saturated fat and, therefore, lose weight more quickly and visibly.
A good training routine must combine both cardiovascular exercises and strength and toning exercises because you will achieve:
- Cardiovascular : help burn fat by accelerating the consumption of calories and cleaning the body of toxins and waste.
- Toning : they transform accumulated fat into muscle mass making your body look more muscular, smooth and without sagging.
The most recommended is that you exercise at least 3 times a week and that it includes at least 20 minutes of cardio to burn calories effectively. To avoid injuries it is essential that you warm up before playing sports as well as stretching right after exercise.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Quick ways to lose weight , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.