One of the keys to losing weight is choosing foods that provide us with various nutrients while low in calories. This is the case with celery, a versatile vegetable that allows us to prepare recipes for any time of the day and has vitamins, minerals, fiber, and very few calories.
Specifically, it provides us with about 16 calories per 100 grams of food, making it a perfect ally to losing weight while benefiting from its multiple properties and satiating power. If you want to learn how to lose weight with celery, don’t miss this article from FastlyHeal.
Table of Contents
This vegetable is characterized mainly by being composed of almost 95% water. For this reason, it is a very light, hydrating, and diuretic food, which helps purify the body of toxins and prevent fluid retention.
In particular, this diuretic power is given by its richness in essential oils, mainly limonene, selinene, and asparagine, which make it a purifying food. However, celery also has all these other properties:
– It is an antibacterial beneficial to fight infections in the kidneys caused by viruses or bacteria.
It also helps to eliminate uric acid from the body, which is ideal for gout, diabetes, kidney stones, or gallbladder stones.
– Its purifying action in the body helps cleanse the liver and improve its performance. In the same way, it acts on the digestive system, which accelerates the process and keeps us from suffering gas and other discomforts.
– It is a suitable food for the care of the circulatory system since it improves cholesterol levels, fights hypertension, and prevents cardiovascular problems.
Its fiber content makes it a satiating food that reduces our desire to eat; it also provides minerals such as potassium and sodium and vitamins of group B.
How to take celery to lose weight?
To begin with, we recommend that you try to maintain a healthy diet, in which case the effect of celery will be much more effective. Here are some ideas to take advantage of it:
– Celery shake on an empty stomach: try one of celery, cucumber, and orange. It’s as easy as cleaning and slicing a couple of celery stalks, half a cucumber, and a peeled orange. Add a tablespoon of oat bran and beat the mixture. Satisfying, nutritious, and delicious.
– Salad of celery to eat: the salad is one of the best ways to enjoy this vegetable. We recommend preparing a salad with celery, green apple, walnuts, roast chicken, lettuce, mustard, honey, and lemon juice sauce.
– Celery cream for dinner: in this case, we suggest celery and carrot cream. Wash and chop six celery sticks, two carrots, and one onion. Boil a liter of water with olive oil and a stock cube, add the vegetables and remove it from the heat when they are tender. Blend it with a splash of skim milk and season to your liking.
Despite being a very healthy food, you should be careful with it if you find yourself in any of the following cases:
– Pregnancy: celery is not recommended too much in the pregnancy stage since it contains uterotonic and emmenagogue substances, which favor both the contraction of the uterus and the stimulation of the blood flow.
Exposure to the sun: this vegetable contains photosensitizing substances, which enhance the effect of ultraviolet rays on the skin; Therefore, excessive exposure to the sun after taking celery daily could make it red.
– Anticoagulant treatment: if drugs of this type or even aspirin are taken, celery could overpower them due to its furanocoumarin content, which can be dangerous for the body.
Remember to stay well hydrated to facilitate weight loss for the body and avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Weight Loss with Celery , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.