There are specific moments in life when the days are not enough for us to lose all the kilos that we need to remove before the summer, a party, or a particular date. We start looking for alternatives that help us lose weight fast and look like nothing has happened when this happens. One of the most effective diets to meet this goal is the oatmeal diet, a cereal that, in addition to offering many health benefits, helps stimulate weight loss due to its high fiber content.
Keep reading this FastlyHealarticle carefully and know everything about the oatmeal diet to lose weight fast, between 3 and 5 kilos in 5 days.
Benefits of oats for weight loss
Eating oatmeal is one of the best eating habits that we can adopt. This cereal is rich in fiber that helps lower cholesterol, fight constipation, eliminate accumulated fat, and purify the body of accumulated toxins. Let’s learn below why the oatmeal diet to lose weight fast is one of the best:
- Eating oatmeal on an empty stomach, that is, at breakfast, helps to stimulate the metabolism and offers the body the necessary energy to face the day.
- Oatmeal provides a powerful satiety effect on the stomach that helps control cravings for food and prevents bingeing between meals.
- Oatmeal contains more protein than other cereals.
- The carbohydrates contained in oats are slowly absorbed, so they help prevent high blood sugar levels.
- Oats are rich in unsaturated fats or good fats that help support cardiovascular and brain health.
- Oats are rich in Omega 6, a substance that helps reduce the concentration of bad cholesterol in the blood.
- This cereal offers a great energy source to the body, being ideal to consume before exercising to increase physical performance.
- Oatmeal has a diuretic effect that helps prevent fluid retention.
- Due to its power to stimulate intestinal transit, oats help reduce abdominal inflammation.
Oatmeal diet to lose weight 3 and 5 kilos in 5 days
Now that you know the properties of oats to lose weight, we will begin to explain what the oatmeal diet consists of. This diet offers a much lower nutritional value than our body needs, so it is not recommended to do the oatmeal diet for more than five days to avoid complications or malnutrition.
The oatmeal diet consists of eating oatmeal for breakfast and dinner every day and incorporating this cereal into your main meal. Lunch should consist of a serving of vegetables or greens, a serving of fruit, and a serving of protein from lean meat such as chicken. In this diet, the consumption of skimmed dairy, chicken broth, water, coffee, herbal teas, and Greek yogurt is also allowed. Between each meal, you should have a snack.
The oatmeal diet to lose weight fast is an option that helps to lose at least between 3 and 5 kilos in 5 days; for this reason, many nutritionists consider that this regimen can have repercussions on people’s nutritional health due to it lowers the number of calories it offers. It is believed that once the diet is finished, the person can regain some weight when they begin to incorporate other foods into their diet; for this reason, it is recommended to maintain a balanced and low-fat diet after finishing the oatmeal diet.
How to prepare oatmeal to lose weight
There are many ways to prepare oats; however, to lose weight, the idea is to refer to those modalities that offer fewer calories and allow the body to absorb the benefits of this cereal to the maximum. For this reason, we offer you some ways to incorporate oats into your diet during this diet:
- During breakfast: you can consume oats on an empty stomach by mixing two tablespoons of flakes with water or a cup of skim milk. You can blend the drink, so you don’t chew the chips if you prefer. Another option is to cook oatmeal, heating a cup of skim milk with two tablespoons of oatmeal in a saucepan until a thick mixture forms.
- You can sprinkle your salads, meats, and broths with two tablespoons of oat flakes during lunch. This option is ideal if you don’t enjoy the taste of this cereal. You can also have a glass of water with a tablespoon of oatmeal after your meal.
- During dinner, you can have spread the same as you had breakfast or accompany your dinner with a glass of water and oatmeal tablespoon.
Oatmeal diet menu
Now that you know its effects, we offer you an example of an oatmeal diet menu that you can put together according to your food tastes and that you should not carry out for more than five days.
- To taste, three tablespoons of oatmeal, a cup of skim milk, a tablespoon of raisins, and cinnamon. You can eat this breakfast hot or cold.
- Process 3 tablespoons of oatmeal, a cup of skim milk, and a banana in the blender. Have a cup of black coffee sweetened with sweetener.
- Cook one cup of skim milk, three tablespoons of oatmeal, and one tablespoon of peanut butter over medium heat until you get a thick mixture.
- A cup of milk with three tablespoons of oatmeal. One apple and six strawberries.
- A glass of Greek yogurt with two tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Green vegetable salad garnished with a teaspoon of olive oil, vinegar to taste, pepper, and a tablespoon of oat flakes—a small portion of grilled or broiled chicken.
- Steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, green beans, and carrots). A plate of chicken broth with a small prey and a tablespoon of oatmeal.
- Three tablespoons of oatmeal in a glass of water. Green vegetable salad and vegetables to taste with fresh cheese.
- Tomato, broccoli, asparagus, and watercress salad garnished with three tablespoons of oatmeal, one teaspoon of olive oil, orange juice, and a touch of pepper.
- Vegetables sautéed in a teaspoon of olive oil, 1/4 cup of chicken broth, and three tablespoons of oatmeal. A portion of grilled chicken.
- Greek yogurt with three tablespoons of oatmeal. A portion of the apple.
- A glass of skim milk with 3 tablespoons of oatmeal and a green vegetable salad garnished with a teaspoon of olive oil, vinegar, and pepper.
- Orange, strawberry, and banana salad with skimmed yogurt and three tablespoons of oatmeal.
- One hundred grams of steamed fish and vegetables. A glass of water with 3 tablespoons of oatmeal.
- A plate of chicken broth with vegetables. A glass of milk with 3 tablespoons of oatmeal.
- An infusion of green tea.
- An apple, a mandarin, or a small peach.
- A cup of chicken broth with lemon juice.
- A handful of peanuts or peanuts.
- A glass of water with 3 tablespoons of oatmeal.
- A cup of popcorn.
- Carrot sticks or five small carrots.
- A black coffee.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to the Oatmeal diet to lose weight fast, we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.