The hidden flower , also known as stone breaker or Good Friday , is a wild herb that can grow up to 60 centimeters tall, and is very common in shady and cool places, which allows its flowering to be permanent. This plant is very famous throughout the world for its medicinal properties, but above all it is widely used in traditional medicine in countries such as Peru and India.
Although this plant offers infinite benefits to the body, it is its property to treat kidney stones and kidney diseases that makes it so famous in the world of medicinal plants. Even from this attribute its nickname “stone breaker” is born, due to its power to eliminate stones or kidney stones. However, there are many benefits of the hidden flower for health , if you want to know them, keep reading this article by FastlyHeal .
Table of Contents
Large amount of flavonoids
One of the great health benefits of the hidden flower is its high content of flavonoids and essential nutrients for the functioning of the body. Some of the properties that flavonoids offer to the hidden flower are:
- Antioxidant effect : because they are rich in vitamin C, flavonoids offer an antioxidant effect in the body that allows to combat the effect of free radicals in cells and prevent premature aging. This property also makes it possible to prevent some types of cancer and cardiovascular diseases, thanks to the fact that it improves circulation.
- Reduces cholesterol : the flavonoids of the hidden flower help to dissipate the amount of lipids in the blood, allowing to regulate cholesterol levels and preventing it from clogging the arteries. This benefit also contributes to better cardiovascular health.
- Liver and stomach health : flavonoids allow the hidden flower to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, which positively intervene in liver and stomach processes, improving digestion.
The hidden flower contains linoleic acid
Linoleic acid is part of the omega 6 fatty acids, that is, it is an essential acid that is not produced by the human body , but is vital for its functioning and is obtained through food. There are many benefits of the hidden flower for health, and without a doubt its composition in linoeic acid is one of the most outstanding, let’s see why:
- Helps burn body fat .
- Raises the body’s defenses.
- Helps control blood pressure levels, which prevents cardiovascular disease or complications.
- They control the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, helping to eliminate fats that are harmful to the body and improving blood circulation.
- It offers anti-inflammatory properties and is involved in the proper functioning of the central nervous system.
The hidden flower is rich in tannins
One of the health benefits of the hidden flower is that, like grapes, it contains large amounts of tannins. Tannins are substances that offer many healthy effects such as :
- They are antioxidants, so like flavonoids they help reduce the action of free radicals in the body. In addition, they tone the skin and help prevent certain types of cancer.
- They help to reduce the altered levels of bad cholesterol, allowing to avoid cardiovascular diseases and high levels of blood pressure.
- Its astringent and anti-inflammatory properties make the hidden flower an excellent medicinal plant to treat diarrhea and to clot the blood, which is very beneficial for those who suffer from hemorrhoids.
- The tannins also offer the hidden flower an antiseptic action that helps the body fight bacteria, fungi and germs that can attack it.
However, tannins are considered antinutritive substances , since their consumption in excess, more than 100 milligrams a day, prevents the correct absorption of iron, an essential nutrient for the formation of red blood cells and for the transport of oxygen throughout the body.
Hidden flower, very rich in quercetin
The hidden flower is very rich in quercetin, an essential nutrient that we also find in onions, in tea, in grapes and which is a type of flavonoids. Therefore, quercithin allows the hidden flower to enhance its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antihistamine effect , which:
- Helps fight the herpes virus.
- Strengthens the heart.
- It also reduces bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Protects the digestive system.
- Helps prevent glaucoma.
In addition, the hidden flower has a great diuretic effect, so it helps the body eliminate toxins by stimulating kidney function and preventing fluid retention . Thanks to its powerful diuretic effect, the hidden flower is considered an ideal medicine plant to help eliminate stones and kidney stones .
How to use the hidden flower for health
To take advantage of all the health benefits of the hidden flower, there are different ways to consume this plant. Some ways to use the hidden flower for health are:
- Hidden flower juice for digestion . Blend 10 branches of fresh hidden flower leaves with a glass of orange juice and honey. The ideal is to take this drink once a day for 15 days, then it should be discontinued.
- Hidden flower juice for diabetics . Blend 10 branches of fresh hidden flower leaves together with a tablespoon of cumin and a glass of milk. Take on an empty stomach for a week to regulate glucose and cholesterol.
- Hidden Flower Infusion : Cook a handful of fresh Hidden Flower leaves in a boiling mug for 15 minutes. Then remove from the heat, let it rest for 3 minutes, strain and drink. If you want you can sweeten with honey. Take three times a day to treat hypertension, flu, jaundice, liver disease, and to improve digestion.
- For the liver, asthma and stomach aches : blend two tablespoons of tender hidden flower buds, honey to taste and a cup of coconut water. A cup should be taken every morning on an empty stomach for seven weeks.
Contraindications of the hidden flower
The consumption of flower should be avoided in:
- Pregnant women. Consult your doctor before consuming any type of infusion, both during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- People medicated for diabetes and hypertension.
- People who use diuretics.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Benefits of the hidden flower for health , we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.