If you are looking for a healthy formula to lose weight, you should know that the trick is to combine a balanced diet with some daily exercise, but that it is also advisable to take and apply some natural products that can help us burn more fat or eliminate them along with the rest of the toxins in more efficient way. It is important that whenever we decide to take one of these products, be it a medicine or a natural one, we consult with our doctor and follow his instructions to avoid risks and problems.
In this FastlyHealarticle we want to explain everything about fucus seaweed, one of the ingredients most used in recent years as support in the process of losing weight. Read on and discover everything about fucus tea for weight loss and how to prepare it .
Table of Contents
Properties of fucus tea to lose weight
The alga fucus or fucus vesiculosis is a marine algae that is dark green or brown in color and that out of the water it can still be seen as a darker shade. This vegetable has a very beneficial composition for our body as long as we know how to take it well. In the nutritional composition of fucus we find vitamins A, C, E and group B as well as minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, iodine and calcium, in addition to having a high level of vegetable proteins, mucilages and fibers.
This seaweed has been traditionally used against hair loss, to lose weight, regulate cholesterol and treat thyroid problems, as it has a stimulating effect on this gland.
Thus, thanks to this composition, this marine vegetable can help us to get rid of excess kilos in a faster and more effective way as long as we do it with medical supervision and we reinforce a balanced diet and with some exercise. These are the properties of the infusion of fucus to lose weight :
- Accelerates metabolism: thanks to the composition of this seaweed, especially due to the minerals and fibers it contains, we find a perfect natural product to help us accelerate metabolism, thus increasing the calories that we can burn while at rest. In this way, more fat will be burned and less will accumulate. For this reason, it is not only used in weight loss diets, but is also commonly used to treat obesity problems , fluid retention and cellulite.
- Satiating: mainly due to the fibers and mucilages, fucus is a natural satiating agent widely used throughout the world. These fibers expand in the digestive system when they come into contact with liquids and produce a greater feeling of having a full stomach and, therefore, we eat less food at each meal or it can even help us avoid snacking between meals.
- Regulates intestinal transit and detoxifies: again due to the high level of mucilage and fibers, this marine vegetable helps us regulate intestinal transit, treat and prevent constipation and more easily eliminate retained fluids as well as accumulated toxins, thus helping us to detoxify. the organism and to eliminate better the residues like the liquids and the accumulated fat.
How to take fucus seaweed to lose weight
It can be consumed as fresh or dehydrated seaweed as a part of the meal, as in capsules and pills as food supplements or in tea or infusion. All these forms of consumption are effective to help us lose weight, but one of the most used is to drink fucus tea to lose weight. In this way, it is easier for our body to absorb the nutrients from this vegetable and benefit from its properties. So, take note of the following fucus tea recipe to lose weight :
- 15 grams of fucus seaweed
- 250 cc of water
How to prepare fucus tea to lose weight
- You can buy this seaweed in herbalists and nutrition and dietetic stores or in stores where there are oriental food products. It is recommended to buy organic seaweed, without being very processed, and dehydrated or powdered.
- Put the fucus in the water in a pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for 10 more minutes, covering the pot with a lid.
- Strain the tea, avoid the use of sweeteners or use at most half a teaspoon of stevia per cup and drink.
You can drink 2 cups a day of this tea to lose weight in a healthy way for 2 or 3 weeks and then rest for a week before resuming its consumption.
Recommended daily dose of fucus
The recommended amount of fucus seaweed consumed in tea or infusion is 2 cups a day maximum. One cup after breakfast and one after dinner, at least half an hour before going to sleep. In this way, digestion is improved, a correct dose is maintained and its consumption is avoided on an empty stomach, since its effect would be very strong and could cause health problems in some cases.
In addition, if you decide to take pills or capsules of fucus seaweed to lose weight, it is vital that not only the doctor’s instructions are followed, but also that the consumption instructions on the container are read very well. But, if you decide to take the fucus seaweed with meals, it is recommended that it only be consumed in one of the main dishes 3 days a week at the most.
Likewise, its consumption is not recommended for a long time or if you suffer from any chronic disease related to the digestive, lymphatic and urinary systems.
Contraindications of the alga fucus to lose weight
As you already know the effects of this seaweed in the body to lose weight and you already know in what dose and how to take it, you only need to know what are the contraindications of fucus seaweed tea so that you avoid its consumption if any of these cases is yours:
- People in treatment for hypothyroidism should avoid its consumption or follow the exact instructions of the doctor. Since it also stimulates the thyroid, an excess of activity in this gland could occur and the opposite problem could occur: hyperthyroidism.
- Diabetics in treatment, since combining this algae with diabetes medications can cause an excessive reduction in blood glucose.
- If hormonal medications are taken, always consult with the doctor in each case, since there could be unexpected reactions.
- If anticoagulants are taken or before surgery since it stimulates circulation and can thin the blood in high doses.
- Pregnant and lactating women should avoid its consumption since all the possible effects are not known and it can affect the baby.
As it is a weight loss remedy and, as with all others, it has contraindications and side effects if we exceed its intake, it is always better to consult with the doctor about its intake and the exact doses, as well as to follow up to regulate these doses . Likewise, one must be very careful not to exceed the aforementioned doses since an excessive consumption of fucus, either in tea, capsules or in food, can cause problems such as acne, diarrhea, vomiting and even problems to properly absorb the iron from the food.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Fucus tea to lose weight and how to prepare it , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.