The red tea , also known as Pu-erh, has emerged as one of the most effective drinks to lose weight. Therefore, it is part of many weight loss diets and body detoxification plans, as nutritionists have discovered its magnificent effects to reduce body fat. At FastlyHeal, we explain its most outstanding properties and, in addition, we show the perfect recipes to lose weight with red tea that can be put to the test. Of course, they should always be a complement to a balanced, healthy and low-fat diet, otherwise weight loss will not be possible.
Properties of red tea to lose weight
The red tea has become a popular and effective drink for weight loss thanks to the following properties:
- It has detoxifying and cleansing properties , which favors the elimination of toxins and accumulated fluids in the body.
- It provides a thermogenic effect , that is, it accelerates the body’s metabolism, and this results in a faster burning of fats.
- Reduces cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood.
- It improves the digestion process and stimulates the production of gastric acids.
Red tea with cinnamon and ginger to lose weight
Although it is possible to drink red tea only sweetened with a little stevia or sweetener (never sugar), to take advantage of all its slimming properties to the maximum and achieve the desired effects on the figure, we recommend mixing it with other natural products that also favor weight loss. And one of the most popular preparations to reduce measures more quickly is the one that combines red tea with cinnamon and ginger.
On the one hand, cinnamon acts as a powerful natural fat burner and helps reduce high blood sugar levels, making it an excellent ingredient to reduce accumulated fat deposits in the body. On the other hand, ginger is a root that improves the digestion process, reduces appetite and provides a greater feeling of satiety.
- 2 tablespoons of red tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece of grated ginger root
- 1 liter of water
- Sweetener to taste
Preparation: heat the water in a saucepan until it boils, add the cinnamon stick and grated ginger. Let it steep for a few minutes until the temperature drops a bit and add the red tea. Wait for it to rest for another 5 minutes and strain the liquid obtained.
Red tea with lemon or mint to lose weight
The above recipe is perhaps the most effective to lose those extra pounds with the help of red tea, but there are also other options that give good results.
One of them and very simple to prepare is to prepare an original red tea and add a few drops of lemon juice later. This is due to the incredible benefits that this fruit provides the body to promote the elimination and burning of fats ; and it is that lemon makes the decomposition of food faster in the process of digestion, helps eliminate toxins and provides greater satiety, which is perfect to reduce the feeling of hunger and eat less food when day.
The red tea with mint is considered one of the best teas for weight loss , and that peppermint is an herb with numerous health benefits and one of the best allied to maintain proper weight. This is so because it acts as an appetite suppressant, is purifying, helping the body detoxify, has diuretic properties and stimulates metabolism, thereby accelerating fat burning. Just add a few mint leaves to red tea when it is being prepared and voila!
Regardless of which infusion of the above we select, to get the most out of its slimming effects it is important to follow a series of consumption instructions with the ones shown below.
- Drink 3 cups a day of the chosen red tea. These should be distributed throughout the day, taking one in the morning before or during breakfast, another after lunch and the last one after dinner.
- It is possible to improve its flavor by adding a sweetener such as stevia, but in no case should sugar be added as this would make it lose all the properties of a slimming drink.
- It can be drunk hot or cold , indistinctly.
- Do not exceed 3 cups a day of consumption, as it could be counterproductive for the body and cause side effects such as nervousness, insomnia, palpitations, headaches, diarrhea, among other symptoms.
- Accompany the consumption of red tea with a balanced and healthy diet , because without it the expected results will not be obtained. Like other ingredients, red tea is not a miracle weight loss product, but acts as a natural supplement.
Contraindications of red tea
Before starting to consume red tea, it is important to take extreme precautions and make sure that it will not pose any danger to our health. It is not advisable to take this drink in the following cases:
- During pregnancy and lactation.
- Patients with clotting problems.
- Patients with heart disease.
- Patients with irritable bowel syndrome.
- If you have stress, nervousness, anxiety or insomnia.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Red tea to lose weight , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.