The moringa oleifera tree is native to northern India, which grows fast and in almost any soil. Moringa’s health benefits can be found in its leaves, its seeds, its flowers, and its bark, which is why many call it the tree of life. Moringa can be used for various natural remedies due to its high nutritional level. Its components are rich in B vitamins, vitamin A, potassium, iron, vitamin C, phosphorus, vitamin E, selenium, magnesium, vitamin K, tryptophan, zinc, among others. As healthy as it is, you should always consult a doctor before consuming.
This is why moringa increases the body’s defenses , promotes the cellular structure of the body, helps the proper functioning of the kidneys and liver, softens the skin and contributes to a good digestion. At FastlyHealwe detail the health benefits of moringa .
Table of Contents
What makes moringa so special?
Moringa is considered to be one of the best nutritional supplements that nature offers as it contains:
- 17 times more calcium than milk: calcium is one of the most important minerals for the body since its main objective is to strengthen the bones.
- 15 times more potassium than bananas: potassium is extremely important for the body as it helps build and move muscles, manage heart activity, maintain the correct volume of body fluids, allows the kidneys to filter the blood, synthesize proteins and have a correct cellular function.
- 25 times more iron than spinach: this mineral enables the body to form hemoglobin , prevents fatigue and is good for keeping hair, skin and nails healthy.
- 10 times more vitamin A than carrot: this vitamin is essential for maintaining normal vision, helps the heart, kidneys, lungs function properly and keeps the immune system in good condition.
- 9 times more protein than yogurt: proteins form the structure of the body, serve to transport necessary substances throughout the body and for the proper functioning of the organs.
- More vitamin C than orange: this vitamin improves the absorption of the nutrients we eat, fights against diseases such as the flu, prevents and improves the symptoms of sunburn, among others.
What is moringa for?
The health benefits of moringa are very numerous, it is said that it helps to cure more than 300 diseases, among them we can find:
- Anemia : Moringa leaf powder contains 28 milligrams of iron per 100 grams, this is much more than any animal source of iron. As iron is involved in the production of hemoglobin, it is very beneficial for people with anemia.
- Diabetes : as this pathology is characterized by a disorderly metabolism, moringa is totally recommended to treat it since, due to its large amount of nutrients, it regulates the body’s metabolism, making the cells capable of secreting insulin properly.
- Osteoporosis : There are many people who are lactose intolerant, and many others who find that dairy products increase the risk of heart disease. For this reason, moringa is an excellent option to incorporate calcium into our body, its leaves contain 500 mg of calcium per 100 gr.
- Rejuvenation : thanks to its large amount of natural antioxidants, it eliminates toxins that deteriorate the body and keeps the skin healthy.
- Losing weight : Moringa contains vitamins B1, B2 and B3, which fight fats and saturated calories, reducing them to lose a few kilos. If you want to know more about this topic, we invite you to read the article properties of moringa to lose weight .
How to consume moringa?
The ways in which you can consume moringa are as follows:
- The fresh leaves of the moringa oleifera tree can be cooked just like spinach.
- The pods taste similar to asparagus and can be eaten boiled, steamed, or in a soup .
- The flowers should be put in boiling water for 5 minutes, then, if you want, you can put a little sugar and drink.
- The seeds can be cooked like beans, either boiled or made with rice.
In addition, you can prepare moringa burgers, pizza with moringa, moringa with spaghetti and many other ways to consume it for those who do not like its taste.
- Pregnant women.
- If you have sleep disorders.
- If you have low blood sugar levels.
- Moringa in excess has a laxative effect, it can produce heartburn and increase the production of red blood cells.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Health benefits of moringa , we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.