One of the most effective natural ingredients to help us lose weight is magnesium chloride , a compound that is made up of magnesium and chlorine and that helps rejuvenate our body, making it stronger and more resistant over time. In addition, it is one of the most used remedies in weight loss diets since it has some properties that make it perfect for this task.
In this FastlyHealarticle we are going to list the benefits of magnesium chloride to lose weight as well as indicate the contraindications and the importance that this mineral has for our health.
Table of Contents
What is magnesium chloride
But what exactly is magnesium chloride ? It is a mineral compound formed by magnesium and chlorine and is often used as a dietary supplement to strengthen our body and prevent premature aging of our cells.
Magnesium is one of the most necessary minerals for our well-being and it should be part of our diet on a daily basis; In addition, you should know that of all the magnesium that we take through our diet, we usually lose between 60 and 70% due to the refinement of the food and the cooking methods that we submit before ingesting it. All this means that of the natural amount in food, we only take advantage of a small percentage.
Thus, by adding magnesium chloride to our diet, we are able to replace the amount we need of this mineral and, thus, not feel some of the signs of a lack of it, such as fatigue, difficulty concentrating, general malaise, and so on.
Lose weight with magnesium chloride
But, in addition to being able to balance the magnesium levels in our body, this supplement is also suitable to help us lose weight since it has a series of ideal properties for this. Next we are going to discover the benefits of magnesium chloride for weight loss so that you understand why it is good for us:
- Reduces anxiety about eating
One of the reasons we tend to gain kilos is because we have an imbalance in the nervous system that makes us feel anxious, a feeling that we alleviate with food. Thus, with magnesium chloride you can regulate the nerves and balance signs such as stress or anxiety that can be factors in eating abusively.
- Goodbye to fluid retention
Another benefit of magnesium chloride is that it helps regulate digestion, causing any gastrointestinal condition, gas or stomach bloating to decrease considerably. In addition, by improving transit, fluid retention is also reduced and, therefore, helps to lose weight and reduce the presence of cellulite.
- More energy
It’s no secret that in order to lose weight, it’s important to combine a low-fat diet with physical exercise, right? Well, magnesium chloride will also help you to be able to carry out the exercise without getting tired and without feeling weak since it is a supplement that provides vitality and helps us to be more active.
Take magnesium chloride
To take advantage of these benefits that we have just indicated, it is important that you include magnesium chloride in your daily life and, thus, you will feel less anxious to eat, with more strength to exercise and with less fluid retention. To take this product you must follow the following steps:
- 1. You must add 1 liter of water in a pot and bring it to a boil
- 2. When the boil breaks out, you should turn off the heat and let it cool slightly; then add the warm water to a glass bottle.
- 3. Add 30 grams of magnesium chloride to the bottle of water.
- 4. Now you can take this drink to lose weight, always keeping it in the refrigerator so that it does not lose its properties. It will keep for 10 days.
As we have already indicated, it is a dietary supplement and, as it contains an essential mineral for us, we cannot exceed its use. In fact, in order to lose weight with magnesium chloride you should take only half a glass a day of the drink that we have prepared, never take more than the indicated recommendation as it could be harmful to your health.
The best time of the day to take magnesium chloride is after breakfast because we do not have an empty stomach and we have all day so that its benefits affect our body without producing any adverse effects. At FastlyHealwe recommend that before starting to make changes to your diet, you consult a specialized doctor who will tell you if this treatment is suitable for your condition.
Contraindications of magnesium chloride
We have just specified the favorable uses that chloride can have for our health and for our weight loss method, however, we must not ignore the contraindications of taking too much of this supplement because, as we have already said, it is a mineral that we already take by food and that if we exceed its consumption we can put our health at risk.
In addition, there are a number of people who, given their characteristics, should avoid the consumption of this dietary supplement as much as possible; therefore it is important that you consult with a doctor before incorporating it into your routine for. Some of the side effects of magnesium chloride are as follows:
- Metallic taste : it is possible that when you take this mineral both in liquid form (like the one we have proposed) or in capsule form, you will experience a metallic taste in your mouth. For this reason, it is always recommended to mix it with plenty of water or drink, afterwards, a drink of juice that counteracts the bitter taste that it will leave you with.
- Diarrhea : another of the effects of this supplement is that diarrhea appears, this usually happens when we exceed the maximum recommended dose. In the previous section we have indicated that it is an ideal product to help us improve transit and digestion, but if we abuse it we can cause an upset stomach and the presence of liquid stools.
- Gastric discomfort : due to its laxative power, it is common that, at first, people who take this supplement feel stomach aches and pains, which, however, tend to disappear over time. Although you see that it is not the case and that the pains last, stop taking it immediately.
In addition to this, chloride is contraindicated in people with any of these conditions:
- Have ulcerative colitis
- Renal insufficiency
- Have or have had kidney stones
- Are on an antibiotic treatment
- Take mediation for hypertension
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Benefits of magnesium chloride for weight loss , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.