A common skin disorder is an acne, which occurs when pores become clogged with dead cells and oil, causing unpleasant and uncomfortable pimples.
Acne on the face is as common as acne that manifests itself on the chest, shoulders, and back and although no one is exempt from suffering from it, adolescents are the ones who experience the most breakouts, especially if they have the same or oily skin.
The back is one of the most challenging areas to treat acne, as clothing prevents the skin from breathing properly. In this FastlyHealarticle, we explain how to treat it properly and remove acne spots on the back that may remain after suffering breakouts in this part of the body.
What causes back acne
Acne located on the back is as common as acne on the face, shoulders, and chest. In general, it occurs because the pores of our skin are dilated by the direct action of heat and dirt that penetrates them.
Generally, the manifestations of acne are due to causes such as:
- Hormonal maladjustment.
- Poor diet high in fat.
- Inadequate hygiene. Indeed, the back is an area that is difficult to access when bathing.
- Excess sebum on the skin.
- The back differs from the other parts of the body that suffer from acne since it is mainly covered for a large part of the day and also has the most active sebaceous glands.
- Likewise, rubbing against some types of fabric (clothing) can worsen symptoms.
Treatments to remove acne spots on the back
There are professional medical treatments that can remove acne spots for good. There is no specific one that is the best, but it must be your doctor who recommends the most suitable for your skin:
- Laser exfoliation: it is ideal for improving the appearance of your skin. This treatment has become popular over time, given its effectiveness and durability.
- Pulsed light and radiofrequency: procedures that use energy and allow scars to be less visible.
- Dermabrasion: it is beneficial when there are severe scars. This procedure involves removing the top layer of the skin, eliminating the superficial marks left by acne, which become much less visible.
- Chemical exfoliation or peeling: another technique that involves applying acid to the skin and, in this way, removing the upper layer of it. With this procedure, deep scars are minimized, the skin peels off, giving way to a new layer of skin.
- Plasma injections : applied by the specialist are an excellent alternative to treat scars caused by acne.
- Microneedles: it is a treatment that promotes the increase of collagen fibers due to the needles that penetrate the skin causing microscopic wounds. In this way, it seeks to form entirely new skin.
Tips to avoid acne on the back
Ideally, follow a daily routine that allows you not simply to remove acne marks but rather to prevent them from appearing. This will also improve the health of your skin considerably:
- Acne spots appear when you have tried to remove pimples or pimples with your fingers. Avoid this action if you don’t want these annoying stains to remain.
- When you bathe and adequately clean your back, you can use natural sponges to perform this step or use your hand directly.
- You can use a specific soap for oily skin, which will make your skin have a better texture, or simply use a neutral soap.
- Exfoliating your back will help you eliminate impurities, dead cells and, therefore, prevent the appearance of new acne.
- Try to ensure that this area always breathes, use light fabrics, and avoid clothes that are too tight to the body.
How to get rid of back acne overnight
Today, there are multiple plants- or food-based remedies that benefit the skin. Although they cannot permanently remove acne marks, they can help reduce them and improve the health of your skin. These are some of the most effective:
- Natural yogurt scrub: you can mix natural yogurt with two tablespoons of sugar, natural yogurt with four crushed strawberries, or natural yogurt with two tablespoons of oatmeal. Whichever mask you have decided to prepare, spread it over the area you want to exfoliate and use circular motions for at least 15 minutes. Then, remove with warm water. You will be able to eliminate dead cells, impurities, and excess sebum that may be on your skin. A good exfoliation will allow acne spots to soften gradually.
- Aloe vera: it is one of the few plants that fight acne and its consequences on the skin. Its crystal has antibacterial and regenerative properties. Apply the aloe vera pulp once a week where you have the spots, leave it on for 20 minutes, and then remove with plenty of water.
- Lemon: it is proven that lemon has a high bleaching power. Ideally, apply it only where the stains are night and at least two times a week. Leave on for 30 minutes and, once the time is up, remove with plenty of water.
- Honey and egg: use a beaten egg, one tablespoon of honey, and a few drops of lemon. Apply this preparation to your back for 20 minutes once a week, seeing splendid results.
- Cucumber and tomato: a natural tonic is the pulp mixture of 1 ripe tomato with ½ cucumber. It allows for to reduction of blackheads, marks and, in addition, it closes the pores of the skin.
- Rosehip oil: you can add a few drops of rosehip oil to your bath water for smooth and even skin.
- Oatmeal and potato: you can mix cold water with five tablespoons of oatmeal and half a cooked potato. The paste created helps remove acne spots. Leave it on for 30 minutes and remove it with warm water.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to remove acne spots on the back, we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.