Nothing better than having flawless and healthy skin. This represents our best presentation letter. While it is true that the face must be radiant, this is not the only part of the body in which we must be cautious. In addition to the front, scary pimples can appear in other areas such as the neck, shoulders, and back. However, most people are unaware of its causes.
Hormonal alterations, the use of some clothes, or the lack of hygiene are some reasons why pimples can appear on the back. In this FastlyHealarticle, we will answer why spots appear on the back and how to eliminate them.
Table of Contents
Why do I get pimples on my back?
The acne on the back, known as bacne, can be caused by different factors. It can be listed as causes of pimples on the back common the following:
- Clothing: the presence of bacné can be influenced by the types of apparel we use. Some garments prevent normal sweat and, therefore, cause the clogging of the pores, resulting in the appearance of these pimples or blackheads on the back.
- Hormonal changes: especially during adolescence, when there is more excellent hormonal production, there is an increase in sebum in the skin and, consequently, a more significant amount of fat. When combined with bacteria, which are usually in our protective layer (skin), this can generate the inflammatory process that gives rise to pimples.
- Hygiene: poor hygiene, especially in the back area, can be reason enough for pimples to appear on it. This is due to the amount of sweat accumulated on this surface that, when joining with the skin’s sebum, causes the clogging of the pores. Likewise, the use of sheets and pillows that are not washed frequently can be influential.
- Medications: the use of some drugs harms the production of grains. This occurs mainly with supplements that contain steroids and hormones, such as testosterone, and the use of contraceptives and lithium.
- Genetics: there are cases where genes play a fundamental role in the presence of pimples on the back, especially if direct relatives (mom or dad) had or suffered from acne for an extended period.
- Allergies: sometimes, pimples on the back can appear due to food or drug poisoning. It usually lasts a few days or lasts over time.
- Skin Type: Some skin types tend to be more susceptible to back pimples. This occurs especially in oily skin or in those suffering from seborrhea.
- Use of creams: some gels or creams for the skin have a high-fat content. Their constant application tends to clog the pores and makes annoying pimples appear.
There are times when outbreaks of pimples or pimples disappear over time and can suddenly reappear, usually due to different factors such as:
- Lack of sleep.
- Hormonal alterations
- Tight clothing.
- Excessive sweating
On the other hand, another cause of pimples on the back is related to some external factors such as the rubbing of the skin with objects, such as bags or backpacks. This occurs because the constant friction irritates the skin and increases moisture, intensifying the pimples.
How to remove pimples on the back: medical treatment
It is essential to stop believing in the myth that the best way to eliminate pimples on the back is to burst them. Beyond solving the problem with this action, what is done is to make it worse. This brings increased skin inflammation, redness, and scars that can remain for a long time.
- The medical treatment of acne on the back is based on gels and creams to control pimples, which usually contain benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, resorcinol, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid. These types of drugs regulate sebum, hide scars and improve the skin’s texture.
- Applying zinc creams also helps considerably to improve skin health.
- Peels: Professional peels are a helpful practice for skin health. Only a few sessions will be necessary to see the results.
Some treatment options that the dermatologist may indicate are:
- Azelaic lotion: formulated with salicylic and azelaic acid, regulates skin sebum, is antibacterial, and calms redness.
- Glycolic cream: has exfoliating, moisturizing, and anti-aging properties. Within its main component, there is glycolic acid that also allows to nourish and soften the skin without increasing the amount of fat in it.
- Glycolic towels: these are nothing more than wet towels impregnated with salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and niacinamide with three fundamental properties: control the production of sebum in the skin, exfoliating and antimicrobial.
- Abradermol: this treatment allows the back to be exfoliated, considerably reducing the spots and marks generated by pimples on the back. It also softens and removes impurities.
Remedies for pimples on the back
In addition to the treatment indicated by the doctor, there are some excellent natural remedies to eliminate pimples on the back:
This cereal is widely used for the skin as it is anti-inflammatory by nature. It is a source of amino acids and vitamin B.
To properly treat pimples on the back with oatmeal, you need five tablespoons of flaked oats, neutral or glycerin soap, a shower brush, milk, and water. All the ingredients are mixed to form a paste, and then it is recommended to apply it to the back with the brush. This should be done during the shower.
After this procedure, it is advisable to remove it with warm water and gently rub the back, making up and down movements for at least 2 minutes. Warm water opens the pores. For best results, perform this procedure at least two times a week.
Lemon and baking soda
Another good remedy to eliminate pimples on the back is the mixture of lemon with bicarbonate, which has antiseptic properties.
The preparation should include four tablespoons of baking soda, the juice of two lemons, neutral soap, and water. This mixture is applied in the back area with pimples, and it is recommended to rub with a brush gently. This remedy is recommended to use once a week.
You can use the gel directly from the aloe vera plant or buy the gel on the market. Treatment consists of applying aloe vera or aloe vera gel on the back three times a week. Thanks to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, it allows the elimination of annoying pimples.
In the following article, we show more options for home remedies for acne.
How to prevent bacne
- It is important to avoid overexposure to the sun.
- Avoid taking drugs with hormones unless the specialist indicates the drug.
- Reduce the use of creams that are high in fat or oil.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Limit the use of bags or backpacks creates pressure on the back.
- Wash covers and sheets frequently.
- Wear clean, loose-fitting clothing, so your skin breathes freely.
- To wash the back, use brushes with soft bristles, preferably.
- After each exercise, shower and exfoliate your back.
- Increase the consumption of vegetables and fruits that are high in vitamin B.
- To keep your skin hydrated, drink plenty of water.
- Cut back on sugars and saturated fats to avoid clogging pores.
- Avoid exposing your back to solar radiation.
If you suffer from pimples on the back, you must go to a doctor’s office if you do not improve with the indicated remedies. The dermatologist will give you all the essential options to show off healthy and glowing skin.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to why pimples appear on the back and how to eliminate them, we recommend entering our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.