Pimples on the nose are very painful lesions for those who have them, and sometimes they are a complex problem to solve if you do not go to the root of it since they can leave noticeable marks if they are not treated properly; in addition, they can become infected if they are constantly squeezed.
Do you want to know why pimples appear on the nose and how to remove them? In this FastlyHealarticle, we explain everything you need to know about these blemishes and how to eliminate them through medical and natural treatments.
Why do pimples appear on the nose: causes
The skin is an extensive organ that, in addition to protecting the body from external aggressions, has an essential function, which is to help eliminate impurities. Different structures in the skin help this function; among them are the sebaceous follicles and the sebaceous glands, which produce sebum. These structures are distributed throughout the body, especially on the face and the highest part of the trunk, except on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet.
In these sebaceous follicles, the origin of the pimples, blackheads, or open comedones is. They are nothing more than a type of acne with no inflammation, but sebum accumulation and desquamation of cells obstruct the ductule. This remaining material oxidizes and is what gives that dark coloration; it is not dirt on the skin.
Many studies have tried to find out why pimples appear, and their appearance has been linked to:
- The genetic.
- The allergies.
- Contact with contaminants.
- The ingestion of certain drugs (corticosteroids, vitamin B12, antiepileptic drugs, lithium, anabolic iodides, and bromides).
- A large amount of circulating hormones during adolescence and pregnancy.
- Consumption of chocolate, nuts, or fats (the relationship with food not having been found punctually).
Taking into account that the body is permanently saturated with toxins, it is logical that if the body’s need to process other substances increases (for example, hormones in pregnancy), the production of sebum increases, which, as has been seen, collaborates to cleanse the body by eliminating outward what it does not need. Therefore, if the diet is full of processed products (with colorants, preservatives, flavorings), sugar and refined flours, meats, dairy products, and other foods that the body has trouble metabolizing; If the person does not exercise and does not clean their body, both external (with exfoliations) and internal (trying to get rid of all those accumulated toxins), they can be a victim of acne.
But you may wonder, why don’t all people who have these habits have comedones? Some accumulate these toxins and can develop other diseases.
How to remove pimples on the nose: treatment
If you make the consultation with trusted medical personnel or specialists in dermatology, it is most likely that, depending on your case, they will indicate these measures:
- Hygiene: keep the skin clean, either with water and neutral soap, antibacterial products, exfoliants, mineral substances, or cleaning and degreasing solutions. This will help remove the toxins that the skin has already released, excess sebum, dead cells, cosmetic residues, and pollutants from the environment, leaving the exit orifices of the sebaceous ducts free.
- Exfoliation: also called peeling, it is a type of deeper cleaning that removes the outermost layer of the skin and dead cells. The skin will be a little red at first, but then a significant improvement is seen if it is done frequently (once a week in the softest ones, more time should be spent on the strongest peels).
- Sun protection: excessive sun exposure should be avoided while undergoing acne treatment. However, a little sun at times where it is not as intense is good: it helps generate vitamin D and is anti-inflammatory.
- Cosmetics: if you use any cosmetic product, you should avoid those with oil; it can be clarified on their label that they are not comedogenic. But remember, all these products also have chemicals. Just as the skin eliminates toxins, it can also absorb them, therefore, try to use as few cosmetic products as possible or be natural products.
- Avoid squeezing the lesions: this will only lead to inflammation and possibly infection. As written at the beginning of this article, it is dangerous because an infection in the skin area of the nose can quickly spread (through tiny vessels) inside the brain.
- Local medication: the most common is that different drugs are indicated together simultaneously; they are changed according to the evolution of acne. There are other products: those that reduce the desquamation of cells within the ductules (salicylic acid, tretinoin, adapalene) and are very effective for pimples; they are usually indicated once a day; and if the acne is more intense, medication can be combined to prevent the proliferation of bacteria (benzoyl peroxide, topical clindamycin).
Home remedies for pimples on the nose
The skin must have fewer toxins to eliminate and, therefore, less sebum. For this, there are some measures and natural preparations that can help you eliminate pimples on the nose:
- Clean your face: try to do it with a neutral soap (white or glycerin soap, without perfumes) and use the least amount of cosmetics you can.
- Baking soda: cleanse your skin first, then use a paste made with two tablespoons of baking soda and two tablespoons of water. You should place it on the area with pimples, if there is an inflamed comedo, it can bother a bit, but it will not cause damage. This should be left on the skin for about 15 minutes. Then, you can hydrate your face with a natural, non-comedogenic cream with coconut or olive oil. You can do it every week.
- Calendula is an herb that helps clean and regenerates the skin. You can use it after cleansing your face or exfoliating it. You must use a marigold flower to make an infusion and use that liquid on a small cotton ball on the skin that you want to improve.
- Chamomile: make an infusion with chamomile (the natural herb is the best); it is done by placing it in boiled water and leaving it to rest for 10 minutes. Use this preparation to cleanse your face every night. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Steam baths: the effect of hot water vapor on the skin of the face is very beneficial. Put to heat water until it boils. It would help if you washed your face and then stood for 5 to 10 minutes over the steam that comes out of the hot water. Lastly, wash your face with cold water. This is repeated once or twice a week.
- Coffee: use ground coffee; you can use the one you have already used to prepare your morning coffee. Instant coffee does not work as it has no exfoliating micro granules and is more of a chemical than actual coffee. Massage a teaspoon of wet ground coffee over the face in the form of a massage, and do it for 2 minutes and not too hard to not hurt yourself. You can do it once a week. While you’re at it, don’t use other scrubs. Then cleanse your face and hydrate your skin with a few drops of extra virgin coconut or olive oil.
- Improve your diet: as we have seen, your diet must include many fruits and vegetables (raw if possible), legumes, nuts, and seeds.
- Exercise frequently: the ideal is to do some physical activity every day; this will help eliminate toxins, improve your circulation and make you feel better.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimples on the nose: why do they come out and how to remove them , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair, and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.