It has always been believed that adolescence is the stage in which pimples appear on the face due to hormonal changes, however, these can appear at any stage of life because we can always suffer hormonal changes, both men and women .
The presence of pimples or pimples on the face is one of the most frequent reasons for consultation that dermatologists have. Their presence is due to multiple causes, from diseases such as acne, excess oil production and the accumulation of bacteria to poor stress management, which can cause the appearance of these lesions on the face.
If you want more information about the b ars in the face: why go and how to remove them , continue reading the following article FastlyHeal .
Why do pimples appear on my face
Pimples are reddish bumps that appear on the skin due to an accumulation of fat in the pores of the skin. Next, we list what are the most common causes of pimples on the face:
- Inadequate cleaning of the skin: maintaining a clean skin free of impurities is the easiest way to counteract the appearance of pimples on the face, otherwise, poor hygiene allows the clogging of the pores and the permanence of bacteria.
- Age: in some stages of life, you are more prone to the appearance of pimples on the face, this is the case of adolescence, between 12 and 18 years it is more common to see these lesions on the skin of the expensive. This is due to the increased production of androgenic hormones, which are much higher during this stage and which stimulate the production of oil in the skin.
- Use greasy skin care products: the use of certain oily products, such as some sunscreens or moisturizers with a high content of oils, can give rise to the appearance of pimples on the face.
- Do not remove make-up: the permanence of make-up on the face during the night causes the clogging of the pores and allows the formation of pimples on the face, especially when using low-quality products with a high content of oils.
- Eat foods high in fat: foods such as milk, carbohydrates, fried foods and sweets increase the risk of acne on the face, since they promote the appearance of pimples, alter the production of hormones and stimulate inflammation of the skin.
- Hormonal disorders: there are diseases such as polycystic ovaries , which increase the production of androgens. These are male hormones, whose effect is to increase the production of fat at the skin level, which would generate the presence of pimples on the face.
- Genetic predisposition: people with a predisposition to have pimples on the face have a greater tendency to present immune-type reactions and trigger inflammatory reactions that exacerbate the presence of pimples on the face.
- Pregnancy: the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy can give rise to the appearance of pimples on the face. This occurs in some women due to the increase in the hormone progesterone, which is characterized by increasing skin fat.
- Drug reaction: the intake of certain medications can cause the appearance of some side effects such as inflammation of the skin and the consequent appearance of pimples on the face. This can appear with the intake of corticosteroids or anti-inflammatories.
- Excessive sun exposure: UV radiation accelerates inflammatory reactions and, at the same time, the production of fat, which contributes to the increase of pimples on the face.
How to remove pimples on the face: medical treatment
Medical treatment to eliminate pimples on the face should be indicated by the dermatologist , who is in charge of the prescription in these cases.
It begins with a topical indication based on products that act depending on the type of injury and symptoms that present, these should be indicated by the dermatologist after medical consultation.
If the lesions are infected, the pertinent indication is antibiotics to combat the infectious process such as Erythromycin or Tetracycline. It is important to bear in mind that the use of medications must be carried out under medical supervision, only then will you avoid the appearance of side effects.
There are other treatment options such as radiofrequency, phototherapy with special lights, pulsed light or laser, all with the ability to reduce inflammation and, therefore, contribute to make pimples or pimples disappear.
Home remedies for pimples on the face
A natural and simple way to eliminate pimples on the face is through the use of home remedies, among them you can use:
- Warm salt water: this combination is used to cleanse the face and reduce inflammation of the pimples. It should be applied in the morning when you get up and even at night before going to bed. With this, the development of fat on the face is also avoided.
- Toothpaste: toothpaste is effective in fighting pimples on the face, counteracting bacteria and providing a cooling effect to the face. A small amount should be applied on the mud before going to bed, it will be left to act overnight, the next morning it is removed with water.
- Lemon: it is a fruit rich in vitamin C and its application in clay allows it to dry more quickly. A few drops of lemon juice on the injury overnight will help remove the mud on the face more quickly.
- Baking soda: This home remedy acts as an exfoliator, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory. It is widely used to remove impurities from the face, preventing the appearance of skin infections. You should mix ½ glass of water and 1 tablespoon of baking soda until it forms a paste. It is placed where the mud is and is allowed to act for 15 minutes. Then, the paste is removed with plenty of water.
- Garlic: the antiseptic, antibacterial and antioxidant properties of garlic make it possible to use this home remedy to eliminate pimples on the face. It should be applied crushed to the lesion, then removed with plenty of water. It should be applied 3 or 4 times a day.
- Green tea: this remedy has antioxidant and antibacterial effects, which is why it is used with great success to eliminate blackheads and pimples on the face. With its application, the size of the mud is reduced, achieving its disappearance and avoiding the appearance of an infectious process. Green tea is applied to the mud with the help of a cotton ball and is left to act overnight.
- Onion: the onion, like garlic, has antibacterial and antioxidant properties, so a piece of onion should be rubbed in the place where the mud is located, only then will the progressive decrease of it be seen. It should be applied 2 or 3 times a day.
- Papaya: it is a fruit rich in vitamins A, B and C, which act as antioxidants and help reduce inflammation of the mud present on the face. In addition, it contains papain and is used as a skin exfoliator and to help regenerate the cells of the dermis. A mask is prepared with the pulp of this fruit, it can be alone or combined with oats. Then it is necessary to grind the pulp until it is a paste. After cleansing the face, the mask is applied to the mud, left to act for 20 or 30 minutes and, finally, it is removed with water.
In the following FastlyHealarticle, we show you other effective natural treatments to remove pimples on the face: Homemade masks for pimples and blackheads on the face .
How to avoid pimples on the face
The appearance of pimples on the face is related to the care and hygiene of the face, therefore, it is essential to follow the following recommendations:
- Keep the skin of the face clean: you should clean with plenty of water and products that do not contain soap to avoid irritation on the face.
- Use products that do not contain oils, which hydrate the skin without adding fat.
- After applying makeup, avoid touching your face with your hands. In this way, you will prevent bacteria from coming into contact with the skin of your face.
- Keep hair clean, as it usually contains oil and bacteria, which cause clogging of the pores on the face.
- It is essential to protect the skin from the sun’s rays. Tanning can promote the appearance of pimples on the face.
Pimples on the face are usually a warning that something is not working well in the body and that measures must be taken in this regard, in this sense, you should go to your trusted dermatologist to prevent these lesions from spreading or worsening.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pits on the face: why do they come out and how to remove them , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.