Do pimples appear after having intimate relations? And if so, why do they come out? These are questions that many people with oily skin or acne ask themselves when they see that sometimes after having sex, new impurities appear on their face. As dermatologists affirm, the sexual activity itself does not cause the appearance of pimples. Still, certain factors occur during these intimate encounters that, individually or together, can cause the skin’s pores to become clogged and end up forming new pimples or the existing ones to get worse and more inflamed. As we will see below, among these factors are the accumulation of sweat, contact with the man’s facial hair, or friction with the sheets. Why do I get pimples on my face after having sex?
Factors that can favor the appearance of pimples after intercourse
There is no specific evidence that can ensure that sexual intercourse can cause acne or cause pimples to appear on the face. Still, the truth is that this is a multifactorial skin condition that occurs when the pores of the skin are clogged by an excess natural skin oil (sebum) in combination with the accumulation of dead skin cells. Therefore, we can say that certain factors during sexual intercourse could increase the chances that new pimples will appear on the face after them or that they become worse and look more inflamed.
These factors that can answer the question you are asking yourself, “why do I get pimples on my face after having sex” are the following:
In the same way as any other physical activity, during sex, we sweat to a greater or lesser extent. When sweat accumulates and combines with other substances such as makeup, natural skin oil, and other impurities present, it can cause the pores of the face to clog and, consequently, pimples or new imperfections are formed.
When the skin of a woman’s face comes into contact with a man’s facial hair, continuous friction can irritate the female skin and stimulate sebum production. When combined with dead cells, this overproduction of sebum can lead to clogging of pores and the subsequent appearance of new pimples on the face.
If the sheets on which you have sexual intercourse are not well cleaned, this can also be a predisposing factor to the appearance of pimples or aggravate existing acne. On the sheets, fluids, bacteria, and dead cells accumulate daily, among other things, which can directly affect your skin, clogging the pores and causing new impurities.
Many products can cause skin irritation and the appearance of pimples on contact, so if your skin is sensitive or prone to developing impurities, it is recommended that you check the composition of these products beforehand and choose those that are the most natural possible.
You are touching the face continuously.
During sexual intercourse, caresses between the couple are routine and very pleasant. Still, the fact that not very clean hands come into continuous contact with the skin of the face and other parts of the body can also cause new pimples and impurities to come out with more ease.
Tips to prevent pimples after sex
There are a series of measures that you can take into account from now on to prevent new pimples from appearing on the face after your intimate encounters and ensure that your skin remains in perfect condition. Take note of the following recommendations:
- Keeping your skin clean before and after sex can help you avoid these blemishes. If possible, try to clean your face before and after intimate encounters, and if you also have impurities in other parts of the body, it is best to shower.
- Ideally, if the man has a very prominent beard, it should be trimmed a bit, but positions, where there is not as continuous contact with his facial hair, can also be practiced.
- Keep the bedsheets clean and try to change them once a week. It is advisable to wash them with mild detergents that do not irritate the skin.
- If you use massage oils or any other intimate product to experience more pleasant sensations, make sure that they are natural and hypoallergenic products so that they do not cause pimples or irritations.
If, after putting these tips into practice, you still consider that you get pimples after sexual intercourse, you should visit a dermatologist so that he can scrutinize your skin and tell you the exact cause of the problem and the treatment you should continue is.
Other care to remove pimples from the face
In addition to all of the above, it is essential to give your facial skin the necessary daily care to remain hydrated, healthy, and free of impurities, especially if you have many pimples or suffer from acne. Some of the essential cares are:
- Clean the skin of your face daily about two times a day. Make use of special cleansing lotions for oily or acne-prone skin, which are water-based and oil-free.
- Always use warm water to wash your face to not further irritate the skin.
- After cleansing your face, apply an astringent toner to refresh your skin and prevent new impurities.
- Exfoliate facial skin once a week to remove all dead cells.
- Use oil-free makeup products that are specific to your skin type.
- Do not pop or squeeze the pimples present on the face.
- Avoid touching your face frequently.
- Drink plenty of water to eliminate toxins from the skin and take care of your diet avoiding eating fatty foods or foods with excess sugar. In the following article, you can find out which foods cause acne.
- After exercising, please take a quick shower to remove sweat and prevent it from accumulating on your face and clogging your pores.
- You can apply any of the treatments that we show in the article homemade masks for pimples and blackheads on the face one time a week.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Why do I get pimples on my face after having sex , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.