The appearance of lesions on the skin, such as the well-known pimples of pus, is one of the main reasons for consulting with dermatologists. Many people have suffered from these injuries at some point in their lives with much more frequency during adolescence.
The appearance of pimples with pus can occur at any age unexpectedly, and multiple internal and external factors can cause them. It is one of the most frequent aesthetic problems and even with more demands for aesthetic treatments. In this FastlyHealarticle, we explain why pimples come out with pus and how to heal them without affecting the health of your skin.
Table of Contents
What are pimples with pus?
The pimples with pus are raised lesions that appear on the skin of reddish color, and as their name suggests, they contain pus inside. These pimples open spontaneously, letting the pus out and then scarring.
These lesions are characteristic during acne breakouts and even more frequent during adolescence. These acne lesions can appear at any age. If their onset is during puberty, it can occur over the years.
The pimples with pus usually appear in areas of the face with a more significant number of sebaceous glands, such as the forehead, chin, and nose.
Why do pimples with pus come out
There are many factors capable of triggering the appearance of pimples with pus, ranging from internal to external causes, among which we can mention:
- Alteration of the sebaceous glands causes the excessive production of sebum.
- Clogging of the pores due to the accumulation of dead cells gives rise to the appearance of small comedones.
- Hormonal changes to which young people and adolescents are subjected.
- A diet high in fat can trigger these lesions to appear.
- Genetic predisposition: it is essential to know the family history to determine if there have been cases of these lesions in the family group.
- Frequent exposure to stressful situations.
- Lack of adequate hygiene measures
Other causes alter the normal rhythm of the skin and generate the appearance of pimples with pus:
- Consumption of some medications, such as steroids, estrogens, and testosterone.
- Excess moisture and sweating.
- Some beauty products, such as makeup or hair with high-fat content, are applied.
Some skin infections such as contact dermatitis can lead to the generation of this type of pimple, especially where the skin rubs against clothing. If the temperature is high, the sweat moistens the dress, which comes into contact with the skin.
How to cure pimples with pus
To remove pimples with pus, you should follow some recommendations suggested by the dermatologist after evaluation, where they will verify the presence of the lesion and what conditions it is in so that the pimple is eradicated without complications and avoids spread to other areas. . The ideal is to have an aesthetic treatment with dermatological control, in this way, the best results will be obtained.
Here are the steps to take to heal pimples more quickly.
The area to be treated should be cleaned, starting by applying steam where the grain is located. In this way, the skin is softened to extract the material contained in the grain. After getting out of the shower, it is the ideal time to perform this procedure.
It is recommended to use a material that avoids direct contact with the nails on the grain, such as cotton or gauze moistened with alcohol. With this, you can clean the grain and its area, exert pressure without mistreating it to avoid contamination by the material extracted from the grain.
The grain must be drained just until the output of blood is appreciated, and this will indicate that the purulent material stored in the grain has already been extracted.
You must bear in mind that depending on the grain’s conditions are found. It may be more painful than usual. Depending on the degree of infection in which it is found, you may require other utensils, such as a needle previously disinfected with alcohol and heat, to better drain the purulent material inside the grain.
Apply an astringent
After the grain has been drained, it is necessary to clean the area again to verify the hygiene of the room and avoid reinfection of the lesion.
Only in this way will the pore be closed. This is done by applying products with an astringent effect.
After this procedure, you will notice that your skin is red and even inflamed. To eliminate these symptoms, you can use home remedies such as:
- Lemon with salt: it has excellent astringent power in addition to cleaning the area.
- Ice: Applying ice to the manipulated area contributes to reducing inflammation. This is achieved by applying ice wrapped in a towel for about 10 minutes where the drainage was made.
- Aloe vera: has astringent properties and reduces inflammation. Apply some aloe vera gel to the area and let it dry on its own.
In the following article, you can see effective homemade masks for pimples and pimples on the face.
Tips to prevent pimples with pus
To prevent the appearance of pimples with pus, or once they appear, they are eliminated quickly, the following measures should be taken:
- Apply hygienic measures by washing the face with water and neutral or mild soaps, unique for this type of injury.
- Avoid handling the grains. This is because the infected material can further contaminate the already inflamed area by draining them with your own hands.
- Avoid sleeping with makeup. This favors the appearance of pimples and even other injuries, such as spots and premature wrinkles.
- Use sunscreen to avoid damage caused by ultraviolet rays and prevent the appearance of complications.
- Keep away from humid and polluted environments.
- Lead a relaxed life, avoiding exposure to excessive stress.
- Maintain a balanced diet. Good eating habits allow for better skin regeneration.
If this is your case and you frequently suffer from pimples with pus, do not hesitate to go to the dermatologist. He will take care of giving you all the help you need according to the symptoms you present and will guide you on how to prevent the appearance of new pimples. Pus.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to pimples with pus: why they come out and how to cure them, we recommend that you enter our category of Skin, hair, and nails.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.