It occurs very frequently in people who suffer from acne, infections, accumulation of fat in that region, or contact with creams, shampoos, or lotions.
The dermatological consultation is essential to know the causes of their appearance and treat them in time to avoid complications. In the following FastlyHealarticle, we explain why pimples appear on the nape of the neck and how to remove them with the appropriate treatments so as not to damage or irritate the skin.
Table of Contents
Why do pimples appear on the nape of the neck?
The pimples on the nape appear from multiple causes such as skin diseases or exposure to chemicals. Next, we mention the most common causes of the appearance of spots on the nape:
- Contact dermatitis: this frequently occurs in the nape region due to chemical substances, such as perfumes, soaps, shampoos, or dyes. All of them can trigger an allergic reaction, thus producing the appearance of pimples on the nape of the neck.
- Hormonal changes: hormonal changes that occur at different stages of life and at different ages often trigger the appearance of spots on the nape of the neck, especially in women, due to hormonal changes that occur during puberty, pregnancy, or the syndrome premenstrual. These changes cause the increase of sebum in the skin, which results in the clogging of the pores, the appearance of pimples on the nape of the neck and in other parts of the face. They also cause hormonal acne, which is characterized by spots.
- Lack of hygiene: during this stage, hygienic measures should be increased to avoid clogging the pores. The nape area is not usually given importance due to its location, but we must think that it is an area that is in permanent contact with the hair and that the dirt and grease of this can cause the appearance of pimples.
- Endocrine disorders: the deficiency in the production of the endocrine glands causes hormonal deficit, thus generating skin lesions such as pimples on the neck and other parts of the face, back, or neck.
- Immune system disorders: the weakness to which the immune system can sometimes be subjected is evident through external lesions on the skin, such as pimples on different parts of the body such as the face, neck, and even the back.
- Liver problems: the malfunction of the liver generates the accumulation of toxins and substances that create the appearance of lesions on the skin, such as pimples.
Other causes of pimples on the nape
- The shaving or shaving skin: constant rubbing with razors or another cutting utensil may generate scratches or scuffs, bringing the appearance of lesions as grains.
- Folliculitis: it is also known as the inflammation of the hair follicle. It can appear due to an infectious or inflammatory process after shaving, shaving, or injury to the skin in places where there is hair. It can cause pimple-like injuries at the neck level or on the face.
- Stress: stress or physical fatigue can cause the body to react by slowing down blood circulation, thus affecting other organs and causing the accumulation of toxins in the body. This accumulation of toxins can cause pimples on the back and neck.
- Inadequate diet: diets with high consumption of sugars and fats cause an increase in fat in the body, generating the clogging of the pores, which triggers the presence of grains.
Pimples on the nape: symptoms
The presence of pimples in the nape region generates some characteristic symptoms that tend to be confused with other pathologies, so you must know them:
- Volume increase
- Discoloration in the area becomes reddish.
- Pain depends on the size of the pimple.
Its identification accelerates the diagnosis and treats it quickly and efficiently.
How to remove pimples on the nape
The dermatologist should examine the presence of pimples on the nape. He will be the one to evaluate these lesions and, according to the symptoms, start a treatment to eliminate them quickly and without damaging the skin.
The specific treatment of pimples on the neck will depend on the causes that give rise to their appearance. Therefore, it is essential to know them and start treatment immediately.
To eliminate pimples on the neck, you can resort to drug treatment and home remedies, as we explain in the following sections.
How to cure neck pimples with medical treatment
First, the dermatologist needs an evaluation according to the causes, and he will indicate the treatment to start.
- Eating habits should be changed, increasing the consumption of vegetables and fruits and eliminating the intake of processed foods with high chemical content.
- Carry out a daily cleaning routine in the area where the grains are located to avoid their spread and the start of an infectious process
- I was exercising daily for 30 minutes, thereby eliminating toxins that increase the risk of keeping pimples on the nape of the neck.
- In cases where the cause is an infection, an antibiotic accompanied by anti-inflammatories will be indicated to alleviate the symptoms and eradicate the disease.
- If the reason is the hormonal origin, the endocrinologist will be the indicated specialist to monitor hormone levels and suggest the necessary treatment.
Home remedies for neck pimples
There are very effective home remedies to eliminate pimples on the nape of the neck. Some of them are:
- Aspirin and lemon: aspirin, also known as acetylsalicylic acid, mixed with lemon works by reducing and eliminating pimples on the nape of the neck. It consists of crushing 6 to 8 aspirins, combining them with the juice of a lemon until it has the consistency of a paste. It is applied directly to the grain during the night and then removed with plenty of water the following day. It is recommended not to use this remedy during the day because the sun’s rays combined with lemon can cause spots on the skin. This remedy can be applied 3 to 4 times a month, one time a week.
- Aloe vera and garlic: this remedy works by opening the pore. In this way, it eliminates all the accumulated material that gives rise to the appearance of the grain. Aloe has an anti-inflammatory effect, and garlic prevents the formation of agents that can cause infection or further complicate injuries. The aloe vera crystal is liquefied with a clove of garlic, left to rest for a few minutes, then applied to the grain, and went to act for about 40 minutes. The area can be covered with plastic, then removed with plenty of warm water. This remedy can be applied three times a week for a month.
- Apple cider vinegar: the antibacterial and antiseptic properties of apple cider vinegar place it among the most effective products in the treatment to remove pimples from the neck and bacteria and fungi. The apple cider vinegar must be diluted in equal parts with water for its application. It is applied in the area where the grain is with the help of a cotton ball, and it is left to act for about 20 minutes. Finally, remove With warm water. This remedy must be applied daily to see the effects quickly.
If you suffer from pimples on the neck or other parts of the body, consult your trusted doctor. He will indicate the treatment that best suits the symptoms you present and guide you on whether you can apply some pharmacological therapy in parallel with the remedies we recommend here.
In the following FastlyHealarticle, you can see more Home remedies for pimples.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimples on the nape: why they come out and how to remove them, we recommend entering our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.