Have you suffered from acne on your face or any area of your body, and skin lesions have left scars and marks that you want to eliminate? So, please pay close attention to this article because we present one of the best products available to attenuate and erase those unsightly marks on your skin: rosehip oil. This oil is extracted from the plant’s seeds called Rosa Eglanteria or Rosa Rubiginosa, native to Eastern Europe; thanks to its composition, it is excellent for hydrating, regenerating, and rejuvenating the skin. Its application will help you minimize the effects of acne on your skin and provide it with exceptional smoothness, nutrition, and softness. Continue reading this FastlyHealarticle to learn how to use rosehip oil for acne scars.
Table of Contents
Is rosehip oil good for acne marks?
Rosehip oil is a natural product with a high content of vitamins and antioxidants, ideal for taking care of the skin and keeping it healthy and soft. Specifically, we find vitamins A, C, E, retinol, antioxidant substances, and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in its composition. Among its main beneficial properties for the skin, the healing and regenerating properties stand out, which are excellent for eliminating acne marks and skin blemishes or other stretch marks.
This property of attenuating scars and spots on the skin of rosehip oil is thanks, on the one hand, to the essential fatty acids it has, which promote skin regeneration and contribute to its healing. On the other hand, its richness in vitamins and antioxidants stimulates the natural production of collagen and hyaluronic acid, something essential to preserve the skin’s youth and erase scars, marks, and skin blemishes effectively.
However, the above are not the only benefits of rosehip oil for the skin, and it is that this product can help you a lot to improve the appearance of your skin due to the following:
- It is very moisturizing and nourishing: it retains water in the skin naturally, thus preventing it from becoming dehydrated and drying out.
- It works against skin aging: this oil reaches the innermost layers of the skin and promotes the production of collagen and elastin, which are essential to keep skin young. It is an excellent natural remedy to prevent and reduce wrinkles and expression lines.
- Prevents photoaging: it also acts against aging caused by the sun’s UVA rays, preventing and eliminating premature wrinkles and sunspots on the skin. It also helps soothe and repair sunburned skin.
Does rosehip oil cause acne?
Although rosehip oil is good for removing acne marks and promoting the recovery of skin tissues, it is essential to note that this product is not recommended to combat the origin of acne or remove pimples or skin lesions. That causes this condition. This is because it is a product with a high content of lipids in its composition and reduced anti-inflammatory power, making it not advisable to be applied on very oily skin or those with acne. It has been pointed out that its use on lesions caused by acne could be counterproductive and even worsen or aggravate the symptoms of this condition.
Therefore, you must be clear that you can use rosehip oil to remove acne scars once you have gotten rid of the condition and not previously. If you still suffer from acne, you should consult a professional dermatologist to find the best dermatological treatments for your skin before you start using any natural product. In the following FastlyHealarticle, we explain in detail what are the causes and treatments of acne.
Rosehip oil for acne scars: how to use and apply it
Suppose acne has left unsightly scars and marks on the skin in any area of your body. In that case, you can reduce their visibility and attenuate them naturally using rosehip oil through some of the treatments shown below. Take note!
Rosehip oil application
This is one of the easiest ways to use rosehip oil for acne scars because you only have to acquire this oil and apply it to the skin in the following way:
- Whether applying it to your face or body, your skin must be thoroughly cleaned before using it. Otherwise, you will not get good absorption of the product.
- Apply a small amount of oil to the area to be treated and massage in circular movements until you see that the skin has completely absorbed it.
- Perform the treatment about two times a day, in the morning and at night.
Mixed with other oils
In skin with excess sebum and clogged pores, mixing pure rosehip essential oil with other vegetable oils is advisable to reduce its high concentration. To reduce the fat on the skin and not accentuate it, a perfect option may be to mix it with jojoba oil.
For a good application and not to irritate, a mixture of 98% of the vegetable oil and 2% of the essential oil should be made. You will only have to apply the oil mixture to the skin by a gentle circular massage until it is completely absorbed.
Mixed with moisturizer
If you use a moisturizing, healing, or anti-blemish cream, you can also enrich it with rosehip oil to quickly enhance its effects and eliminate acne marks. You have to add about ten drops of rosehip oil to 30 grams of cream, and that’s it!
Scrub to erase acne scars
Here is the recipe for a natural scrub that contains rosehip oil and that can also help you eliminate acne scars and obtain smoother skin free of impurities.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup of white sugar, two tablespoons of rosehip oil, two tablespoons of aloe vera juice, one tablespoon of coconut oil, and five drops of lavender essential oil.
- When you have the mixture done, apply to clean skin and distribute by circular massage for a few minutes.
- Then, remove with plenty of warm or cold water.
- Repeat the treatment about two times a week.
In the following FastlyHealarticle, you can see other good home remedies to remove acne scars.
This article is merely informative; at FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to use rosehip oil for acne scars, we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.