Did you know that rice water can become your best beauty ally to show perfect and radiant facial skin? As a facial toner, the liquid resulting from mixing water with rice can help you improve the health and beauty of your skin in a short time. Its benefits are numerous and, among other things, it cleanses the skin without damaging it, reduces enlarged pores, fights acne, delays aging, and lightens the tone of the dermis, giving it a more unified and beautiful appearance. Continue reading this FastlyHealarticle if you want to know how to make rice water for the face step by step and discover how this natural lotion so used by Asian women can benefit you to have flawless skin.
Table of Contents
Benefits of rice water for the face
As incredible as it may seem, Rice water is one of the best anti-aging lotions that we can go to to take care of the skin of the face and maintain a more youthful and radiant appearance. It is one of the best beauty secrets of Asian women, characterized by having a porcelain complexion, perfect and flawless. Let’s see below what are all the properties and benefits of rice water for the skin:
- Cleanses the skin gently and without damaging it: its composition is ideal to leave the face free of residues, dirt, and impurities without damaging or irritating the skin since it is hypoallergenic.
- Opens the pores on the face: rice water contains inositol, which stimulates the growth of cells that make up the skin and promotes blood circulation. These factors help reduce open pores on the face and provide it with more vitality and luminosity.
- Other properties of rice water for the skin are astringent and whitening, making it an excellent natural remedy to reduce spots that appear from sun exposure or aging. Its whitening effects on the skin are thanks to its niacin (vitamin B3) content.
- Its astringent properties make it a good option for acne or very oily skin. It relieves irritation, prevents and eliminates impurities, and reduces excess shine and oil on the face.
- Rosacea sufferers can also benefit from rice water, as it is a perfect lotion to soothe the symptoms of this condition, such as redness, irritation, itching, and burning.
- It can delay the signs of aging because it contains vitamins B, C, and E. It rejuvenates the skin, providing it with elasticity and vitality.
- By naturally stimulating the production of collagen and rejuvenating the skin, improving its health of it from the deepest layers.
How to make rice water for skin
If you want to use rice water to show off perfect skin and take advantage of all its properties, you have to follow the recipe that we show below. It is straightforward, the ingredients can be easily obtained, and it is very likely that you already have them for home. Take note!
Ingredients to make rice water
- 1/2 cup of organic rice
- One glass of water, preferably distilled
- a wringer
- a container with a lid to make the rice and water mixture
Steps to make rice water
- First, put the rice and water in the bowl to mix them.
- Cover the container and place it in a place in your home that is dry, free of moisture, and not directly exposed to sunlight.
- Let the rice water sit there overnight so that the resulting liquid has all the necessary properties to improve the health and beauty of your skin.
- The next day, strain the rice water to reserve only the liquid and be able to use it as a natural facial toner.
- Store it in the fridge for a while to cool down, and then you can use it on the skin of your face.
And if what you want is to make rice water for your face and be able to apply it immediately, then you can follow this recipe:
- In one case, bring the water to a boil.
- When it reaches the boiling point, add the rice and lower the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the rice has cooked, please remove it from the heat and strain the mixture to keep only the cooking water.
- When it has cooled, pour it into a bottle or container with a lid and store it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
How to apply rice water to the face
Once the preparation is finished, it is essential to correctly use the rice water for the face. Only if you make an adequate application of it will you be able to obtain good results and show off a much more beautiful, radiant, young, and luminous complexion. Pay attention to the step by step you should follow:
- Clean the skin of your face with soap and water. If necessary, first apply a makeup remover to free it from paint residue.
- Take a cotton pad that you use to remove make-up from your face and soak it in the rice water.
- Pass the cotton pad all over your face and neck, giving small touches to all areas to be well impregnated.
- Let the rice water facial toner work for 5-10 minutes.
- After that time, rinse your face with plenty of warm or cold water, and that’s it!
- Afterward, you can apply a moisturizer to make your skin softer.
Rice water for acne
As we have already advanced in the section on the benefits of rice water for the face, this natural lotion also treats acne naturally. It improves the appearance of the skin that suffers from this condition. It can become your best facial toner if you have acne since it is astringent, tightens pores, reduces the overproduction of oil, as well as helps to reduce the marks and scars that pimples can leave.
To use it, you have to prepare it following one of the previous recipes, wash your face very well with a specific gel for acne or oily skin, apply the rice water with a cotton pad and wait for it to dry entirely before rinsing. For good results, in this case, you must use rice water for acne consistently and daily.
In the following FastlyHealarticle, we show you other tips that you should consider to treat this skin condition: Acne: causes and treatment.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make rice water for the face, we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.