Do you want to know how to make the activated charcoal mask or black mask at home, the revolutionary treatment of the moment to eliminate all the blackheads on your skin? In this FastlyHealarticle, we are going to show you the best recipes that you can use to show off a completely renewed skin, without a trace of impurities and much more radiant and luminous. Activated carbon-based cosmetic treatments are ideal for absorbing all the oil and dirt accumulated on the face, which leaves the skin completely purified and allows cleaning the interior of the pores, thus ending all those blackheads that are usually more visible especially in the area of the nose, cheeks and forehead. Pay attention to the following lines and discover how to make an activated charcoal mask, also known as “black mask” ; you will see how with its application, your skin will be pristine and very clean.
What is the activated charcoal mask or black mask for?
The protagonist of this mask to eliminate blackheads and purify the skin completely is activated charcoal or charcoal , a type of charcoal treated with oxygen and obtained from coconut shells or pine, willow wood. , eucalyptus, etc. It is a highly purifying and detoxifying natural product that is used to detoxify the body and improve both our external and internal health. But, in addition to its medicinal benefits, the incredible properties it has to improve the appearance of the skin have been discovered, mainly to clean it in depth, leave it free of bacteria, remove dirt and oil from the pores and, consequently, blackheads and many other impurities. Let’s see below what all these properties are in detail and how the black mask can contribute to the health and beauty of the skin.
Properties of activated charcoal for the skin
- Detoxifies the skin: it has active elements that allow to cleanse the skin in depth, eliminating all the dirt, waste and toxins accumulated in it.
- Disinfects the skin: acts actively against bacteria that accumulate on the face and that can end up causing irritations and infections. This property also contributes to the youth of the skin, as the skin is completely healthy and it will take longer to age.
- It reduces oil and is anti-acne: it has the ability to reduce excess sebum secreted by the sebaceous glands, which is ideal to prevent the appearance of impurities and to improve the skin when you suffer from acne .
- Eliminates blackheads and impurities: by absorbing all the oil and dirt present on the skin and accumulated in the pores, it eliminates blackheads in an amazing way, as well as other impurities, such as blackheads and pimples.
- Reduces the size of pores: after use, the skin’s pores are completely unclogged and clean, which helps them to shrink and close in a very short time. The result is flawless, smooth and super soft skin, without a trace of impurities or blemishes.
Activated charcoal and gelatin mask
There are several recipes that we can use to make a homemade activated charcoal mask , and then we are going to show you the different options that you have at your fingertips. With all of them, you will get a clean, extra soft and luminous skin.
The first treatment that we propose is the activated carbon and unflavored or neutral gelatin mask , as the latter has high doses of collagen, a protein that helps fight skin aging and provides a lot of flexibility and firmness to the skin. In addition to that it also serves to eliminate impurities and combat excess fat. Take note of the recipe to prepare it at home!
- 4 capsules or pills of activated carbon, you can find it in pharmacies or stores specialized in the sale of natural products
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 sachet of unflavored or neutral gelatin
Preparation and application
- In a microwave safe container, pour the milk and the gelatin envelope.
- Put the container in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to allow the mixture to warm up a bit.
- Add the activated charcoal and stir all the ingredients with the help of a spoon until it dissolves and you get a homogeneous mixture with a gelatinous texture.
- For best results, it is best that before applying it you prepare your skin as follows: wash your face with soap and water and then moisten a clean towel with hot water and wipe it all over your face to open the pores, do it by giving small touches on the skin.
- With the help of a brush, spread the mask over the entire face, avoiding the area around the eyes, and make sure to cover well those areas with more blackheads and impurities.
- Let it act for about 20 minutes and, after this time, when you notice that the mask has dried on the skin, remove it by pulling it little by little with your fingers and finally rinse the face with plenty of warm or cold water to close the pores.
Activated charcoal mask and glue
A variant of the previous recipe is to replace the unflavored gelatin with a little white glue for children , although it may seem a bit strange, this product is non-toxic and will help to extract very well all the dirt and residues accumulated inside the pores of the skin. But, yes, it is important that you always make sure beforehand that the glue is not toxic, since it will come into direct contact with your skin. Pay attention to the following indications to know how to make an activated carbon mask and glue:
- 4 activated charcoal pills or capsules
- 3 tablespoons non-toxic infant white glue
Preparation and application
- In a bowl, mix the ground activated charcoal tablets with the white glue.
- Stir with a spoon until you get a homogeneous and consistent mixture.
- Open the pores of the facial skin by applying a little hot or lukewarm water.
- Apply the mask all over the face with a brush, avoiding the eye contour.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes and wait for it to dry completely on your skin.
- When it is dry, remove by pulling with your fingers from the bottom up and carefully.
- Finally, wash your face as you normally do and voila!
In addition to these activated charcoal treatments, the tips that we show in the article Remove blackheads fast can also help you .
Activated charcoal and honey mask
You can also make a homemade activated charcoal mask to lighten the skin of the armpits and show off a skin with a more balanced and beautiful tone, since this area tends to darken with the passage of time and with continuous waxing. On this occasion, activated charcoal should be mixed with honey, a substance with disinfectant and moisturizing properties that will help to show off whiter and healthier skin.
You just have to mix 1/2 tablespoon of activated charcoal with 1 tablespoon of honey and apply the resulting paste on the dry skin of the armpits with the help of a brush. Wait about 20 minutes and then remove carefully, finally rinsing the area with plenty of warm or cold water.
In the following article you can see more home remedies to successfully remove underarm spots .
Activated charcoal and clay mask
Finally, we propose a very purifying activated charcoal mask for the skin , ideal to offer your face a deep cleaning and leave it free of toxins and sebum. In addition, green clay is perfect for unclogging all pores and giving the dermis an extra elasticity and firmness.
- 2 capsules of activated charcoal
- 2 tablespoons green clay
- 5 tablespoons of mineral water
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 4 drops of lemon essential oil
Preparation and application
- In a bowl, mix the green clay with the charcoal first.
- Add the water little by little and stir all the time so that no lumps form.
- Pour in the essential oils and mix until fully integrated.
- After about two minutes, apply the mask to the skin of the face with the help of a brush or with your fingertips.
- Let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes, until you notice that the mask has dried on your skin.
- Finally, remove with plenty of warm water.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Homemade activated carbon mask , we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.