Haven’t you tried the lemon and olive oil treatment to remove stretch marks yet? This combination is proving to be a revolution to win the battle against those unsightly marks that appear on the skin due to the breakdown of collagen and elastin fibers, which usually happens when our body is subjected to significant weight changes. Lemon has exfoliating, whitening, and antioxidant properties, and olive oil, for its part, is highly hydrating, moisturizing and repairing, so together, they are the perfect combination to reduce the visibility of the most noticeable stretch marks and improve the appearance of the skin. In this FastlyHealarticle, we show you how to remove stretch marks with lemon and olive oil; give it a try and see how it works.
Table of Contents
Lemon benefits for stretch marks
Eliminating stretch marks with lemon is an excellent natural option due to the multiple beneficial properties that this citrus fruit has for our skin and to reduce the visibility of this mark in different areas of the body. Take note of what are the main benefits of lemon for the skin and discover why it works to eliminate stretch marks:
- Exfoliating properties: providing a deep cleansing of the skin, eliminating all accumulated dead cells and impurities, thus helping to have a smoother dermis without marks or imperfections.
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin: it is a fruit very rich in vitamin C or ascorbic acid, and this helps in the correct display of collagen and elastin in the body, which is essential to prevent and combat stretch marks since they appear when It is precisely the collagen, elastin and reticulin fibers of the skin that are broken.
- The essential nutrients it contains help in the regeneration process of the cells that make up the skin and reduce the visibility of the marks or scars present.
- Lightening properties: the citric acid in lemon is a great natural bleach, so in addition to lightening darkened skin, it is also excellent for reducing the tone of red or purplish stretch marks and thus showing off a much more balanced, unified, and pretty. In the following article, you can see how to remove skin blemishes with lemon.
- Antioxidant properties: in lemon, we find large doses of vitamin C, a powerful natural antioxidant that actively fights against skin aging and allows damaged skin tissues to be repaired.
Benefits of olive oil for stretch marks
The large amount of essential acids and vitamins that olive oil has have made it one of the most used natural products in beauty and aesthetics to improve the appearance of the skin. It can also help you remove stretch marks from your body due to the following benefits and properties:
- It offers deep skin hydration, moisturizing even the inner layers. It prevents the skin from losing water and favors the retention of moisture, which is essential to avoid stretch marks and keep the skin perfectly elastic and flexible.
- It has up to four different types of antioxidants, which neutralize the action of free radicals and prevent premature aging of the skin.
- Its healing and repairing properties stand out, so it restores damaged skin and reduces marks or scars in the area.
- It contains vitamin E, polyphenols, and phytosterols, which also promote the production of collagen and elastin.
- Reactivates and improves blood circulation in the dermis tissues.
Within the world of beauty, this liquid gold has also proven to be very beneficial for hair care and repair, so don’t miss our article on Olive Oil Hair Mask.
How to remove stretch marks with lemon and olive oil step by step
Now that we know what the benefits of these ingredients are let’s see what steps we must follow to eliminate stretch marks with lemon and olive oil. The treatment is straightforward, and you can easily make it at home, pay attention!
- 1/2 lemon
- One teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
Preparation and application
- You can start preparing this anti-stretch mark treatment if you have the lemon in the fridge. Otherwise, first, you have to store the lemon in the fridge to cool it down.
- Once the lemon is excellent, cut it in half with a knife.
- Reserve one lemon halves and squeeze the other to obtain its natural juice.
- Pour the lemon juice into a bowl and add the olive oil. Stir both ingredients well so that they are fully integrated.
- When you have read the preparation, apply it to the skin with previously clean stretch marks and, if possible, exfoliate; in this way, the mixture will act much better.
- Perform circular massages in the area so that the skin completely absorbs the lemon and olive oil and continue massaging for a few more minutes.
- Then, let the treatment act for another 10 to 15 minutes on the skin.
- After that time, rinse the area with plenty of warm water, and that’s it!
- The best thing is that you then complete the treatment by applying an anti-stretch mark or firming cream.
When carrying lemon, you should apply this anti-stretch mark treatment at night before sleeping. In this way, you make sure not to expose the skin in the area to the sun, as new spots or marks could appear. In addition to this, you must be constant and apply the lemon and olive oil to the stretch marks regularly to notice the results as soon as possible.
Other tips to eliminate stretch marks
- Take care of your diet and try to follow a healthy and balanced diet in which foods containing vitamins A, C, D, and E abound, as they are excellent for the health and beauty of the skin.
- Drink more water during the day, trying to drink between 1.5 and 2 liters per day.
- Lead an active life and exercise every day to keep your skin plump and firm.
- Avoid gaining or losing weight very abruptly, and in the case of starting a diet, it must be guided by a professional nutritionist.
- Apply a moisturizer to your body’s skin after you shower to keep it well moisturized.
- Avoid wearing very tight clothing that prevents proper blood circulation.
- Protect your skin correctly whenever you are going to expose yourself to the sun’s rays.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to remove stretch marks with lemon and olive oil, we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.