Different studies have shown that tired eyesight, also called presbyopia, is a natural part of our aging, so ocular degeneration and loss of visual focus is something that sooner or later will pass. However, there are methods that we can practice to improve it and thus have a wider field of vision. The most common way for vision correction is using corrective lenses; surgery is an option in some cases. Many people prefer natural options to solve health problems, and likewise, some also seek how to improve tired eyesight naturally. In this FastlyHealarticle, we will present you with different natural alternatives that you can put into practice to reduce the impact of this problem on the development of life.
Why is my eyesight tired?
The eyestrain is a name given to a condition also called presbyopia, associated with the vast majority of people who reach or are older than 50 years. Eyestrain is an eye disease due to the aging of the lens and the ciliary muscle. Both structures are what allow an image to be focused closely.
The lens is located at the back of the iris and is attached to the ciliary muscles; this structure allows images at different distances to be focused. As a consequence of aging, there will be a loss of elasticity of the lens and the functionality of the ciliary muscles, which causes difficulty in focusing on nearby objects, especially when reading, sewing, or performing any activity that needs to focus on the image closely. This causes the person to make an effort to want to focus on the distorted idea, causing visual fatigue and other problems such as headaches.
Tips to improve tired eyesight naturally.
It is common for people who suffer from this to want to improve their eye problems and have clearer vision without the need to wear corrective lenses or undergo surgery. The most practical option to do this is through proper nutrition since eating certain foods can promote eye health and decrease the speed with which this problem progresses. Some of the foods that you can consume are the following:
- Vegetables: such as carrots, cabbage, cabbage, spinach, and green leafy vegetables.
- Fish like salmon and tuna contain omega 3.
- Citrus fruits or juices.
- Protein sources like bananas, beans, or nuts.
Other recommendations that you can consider are to avoid smoking since one of the consequences of this bad habit is macular degeneration. Sunglasses are also recommended to protect the eyes from the ultraviolet rays emitted by the sun.
Phytotherapy to improve tired eyesight
It is an excellent option to delay the ocular degenerative process; it consists of the use of medicinal plants such as:
- Chamomile: it has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, so it is ideal to be used as a natural eye drop in case of tired eyes, in addition to inhibiting the formation of reductase, a substance present in the body that, when in excess, can damage the eyes. Its application first consists of boiling the chamomile, waiting for it to rest a little, and then applying it with gauze to the eyes.
- Nettle: a good option as a medicinal plant for the natural treatment of tired eyesight since it reduces ocular tension due to its anti-inflammatory effect and improves blood circulation. For this, you can apply cold compresses to the eyes.
Exercises to improve eyestrain
Before doing any exercise for tired eyes, it is recommended to generate grimaces to relax the muscles that surround our eyes; for this, you can try with distortions that move the entire face, then rest a little and start with the exercises:
- Blink often.
- Could you close your eyes and relax them?
- Close the eyes and then gently peel off the upper eyelid and close it until it is placed back on the eye; this can be done at least 5 or 10 times a day.
- I am clapping, which consists of warming my hands a little by rubbing them and bringing them to my closed eyes.
- Look directly at the tip of the nose; it is an excellent exercise because it works the oblique muscles of the eye and helps fight tired eyesight. If it is difficult at first, you can try with one finger and gradually bring it closer until the focus improves.
- Make circles with your eyes. To do this, the eyes move trying to form a circle, and then they will try the opposite side.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to improve tired eyesight naturally, we recommend that you enter our Eyes and Vision category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.