Among the vegetables that are helpful to burn fat quickly and in a short time is cabbage or cabbage. This food has several properties that act on the digestive system, but it also provides other benefits to keep the body in good condition .
Although cabbage can be prepared in different ways, it tends to have a better effect when consumed in soup , and if you follow a strict diet based on this and other low-calorie foods, the results are more flattering.
However, it is recommended that before following the cabbage soup diet to burn fat you consult with a nutritionist to help you better integrate food during and after it, since it is important to maintain a balanced diet in which it is integrated the amount of protein, fat, and carbohydrates the body needs.
In this FastlyHealarticle we will inform you about what you need to know about cabbage soup to burn fat .
Slimming properties of cabbage
Regularly including cabbage in meals brings several benefits. The best known is its effect to burn fat and promote the digestion of food thanks to the elements that compose it, including:
- High amount of water , so it works very well as a diuretic and cleanser, preventing fluid retention and promoting the elimination of toxins that tend to accumulate in the body.
- Low in fat and therefore in calories, which makes it ideal when trying to lose weight.
- Important contribution of minerals such as potassium, which helps prevent fluid retention and eliminate toxins, and magnesium, which acts as a mild laxative preventing constipation. In addition, they give other benefits in the functions of the brain and the immune system.
- Rich in fiber , being an important property that keeps the layer that covers the intestines in good condition, favors the functioning of the stomach and the digestion process and prevents constipation by stimulating intestinal transit.
However, its intake also integrates other components, such as provitamin A, which once it enters the body is transformed into vitamin A, an important nutrient in eye care. While the contribution of vitamin C gives an antioxidant effect, contributing to the immune system, the production of red blood cells and the formation of bone structures. Also, another of the properties of cabbage is its action to eliminate and avoid cholesterol in the blood.
Cabbage soup recipe to burn fat
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 cabbage
- 6 tomatoes.
- 6 medium onions.
- 2 green or red peppers.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium carrots.
- 1 stalk of celery.
- 2 cubes of chicken or meat broth.
- Salt and ground pepper
To start the preparation it is necessary that you properly wash each of the vegetables and cut them finely into cubes. Put a large saucepan on the fire, add the olive oil and onion until golden brown, then add all the cut ingredients, except the cabbage and tomato.
When they are fried, place the cabbage and tomato pieces, add 12 cups of water, or enough to cover the vegetables, and the bouillon cubes, mixing everything well. Cover the saucepan to simmer until it starts to boil and simmer for 15 minutes. To finish, season it to your liking with salt and pepper, and it will be ready for you to enjoy a rich cabbage soup and its benefits.
Tips for a cabbage soup diet
The purpose of the cabbage soup diet is to burn fat in a short time , approximately 6 kilos upon completion. However, it will also depend on the metabolism of each person and the activities carried out during the day.
It is recommended that the cabbage soup diet be carried out for a week and not longer than this time, as it can be counterproductive and cause a nutritional imbalance. Also, it is important that every day you drink plenty of water or some other liquid that does not contain alcohol or gas or is carbonated.
If you have questions about how to eat a cabbage soup diet to burn fat, these recommendations help guide you:
You can eat cabbage soup as many times as you want and as much as you want, as well as the fruits of your choice, less banana.
It consists of consuming as much as you want of the cabbage soup and fresh vegetables prepared to your liking, but avoid corn, peas and beans . You can also integrate some boiled or baked potatoes.
It will be a combination of the previous days, so you can eat cabbage soup, fruits and vegetables according to the recommendations that were given, but this time the potatoes are not added .
Keep the cabbage soup intake as many times as you want and complement your day by consuming up to 4 bananas or any other fruit of your choice and a maximum of 2 glasses of skim milk, preferably during breakfast or snack.
Keep eating the cabbage soup as long as you are hungry. You can also consume 1/2 kilo of meat in portions during the day , mainly fish or chicken, and prepare 6 fresh tomatoes to your liking, for example in salad.
The main food is cabbage soup, eating as much as you need. For this day you can incorporate in distributed portions up to 3 small fillets of fish, chicken, beef or pork and the amount of fresh vegetables to your liking.
You can eat any amount of cabbage soup, fruits and vegetables you want. Add up to 2 cups of brown rice a day and natural sugar-free juices to your meals .
Aspects to consider and recommendations
- Although the cabbage soup diet is very efficient to lose weight, some discomfort may arise, especially at the beginning, because the body is not used to this type of diet. One of the first effects that may appear is the production of intestinal gas due to the large contribution of fiber and sulfur.
- It is also important to take into account that cabbage has very few calories and is easily processed by the body, so our body can use more energy than it contributes. This is another reason why the cabbage soup diet to burn fat should not exceed one week .
- On the other hand, following the strict and rigorous diet of cabbage soup will help you lose weight quickly, but this does not mean that it will be maintained, since it usually returns to the previous weight as soon as you finish the diet and eat other foods.
- If you want a long-term effect, it is advisable to continue with a proper diet and supplement with exercise. Also maintaining healthy habits, including not sleeping less than 7 hours , trying to drink 2 liters of water a day or enough for your needs, and avoiding alcoholic and sugary beverages, will help you prevent fluid retention.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Cabbage soup to burn fat , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.