They are known as pimples, too, small spots that appear on the epidermis due to obstructions in the pores caused by an excess of sebum and, at the same time, by not performing an exfoliation regularly. This alteration is frequent in various body parts, including the back. However, it may not bother many to be in this place when it gets hot. It is very likely to become uncomfortable, so It is essential to go to a professional and carry out the treatment offered to him.
Suppose you are one of those suffering from this skin disorder and do not know much about the subject. In that case, we invite you to continue reading the following article by FastlyHealabout pimples on the back: why they come out and how to eliminate them.
Table of Contents
Why do pimples appear on my back?
The causes of pimples and pimples anywhere on the body are usually the same. During adolescence, it is widespread to have acne. Immensely few people do not suffer this alteration during puberty. This is because the sexual organs produce more hormones than average to stimulate development, which at the same time increases the existing sebum in the skin.
The excess fat then binds to different bacteria, and, in this way, inflammation in the skin is generated, which is known as pimples, pimples, or blackheads. Despite this, this alteration can also be suffered by not performing adequate hygiene and using garments made of certain fabrics that can prevent the skin from breathing, causing sweat to accumulate and join with sebum, generating clogging of the pores.
Another of the most common causes of the appearance of pimples on the back is the consumption of certain drugs or supplements that have hormones among their ingredients, such as testosterone or steroids, which could help the appearance of pimples and blackheads.
Although it is more common in adolescents, anyone can have pimples on the back. It can be due to hormonal changes, emotional imbalance, constant stress, lack of sleep, wearing very tight clothes, or excessive sweating.
Although all the exact causes are from the same organism, there may be specific external reasons that cause the appearance of this alteration in the skin. Some common examples are pimples that appear by friction, that is, permanent friction, such as that of a backpack or using garters to exercise. It is also essential to change towels and sheets regularly since they contact the skin daily and can have numerous bacteria.
Likewise, it is recommended to maintain a healthy diet and avoid certain foods that could worsen acne. At the same time, it is essential to eliminate the habit of trying to pop pimples or get rid of pimples because this can considerably worsen their appearance.
Pimples on the back: medical treatment
When going to a specialist dermatologist, an evaluation will be made on each patient’s skin and where the pimples are located. The specialist may recommend treatment with gels and creams that are suitable for back acne, which, generally, are those that contain sulfur, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, salicylic acid, among other substances, and supplement it with medications orals such as antibiotics, antiandrogens, or isotretinoin when pimple involvement is severe and does not respond to treatment.
The doctor will recommend eating foods rich in zinc, although you can also use creams that contain it, as it significantly helps improve skin health.
Likewise, the professional will make some recommendations to eliminate pimples on the back, such as:
- Wash your back correctly.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun excessively.
- Reduce or eliminate the use of oily body creams and products.
- Keep the skin moisturized with products that do not promote the presence of comedones.
- Wear loose and clean clothing.
- Wash towels and sheets frequently.
- Do not wear tight clothing and backpacks.
Home remedies to eliminate pimples on the back
Although it is essential to follow the professional’s instructions and carry out the treatment given by him, specific natural products can be ideal to use as home remedies for pimples on the back and combined with prescription creams to accelerate the results obtained. However, you must check with your doctor before using them, especially if your back acne is severe. Among the most recommended products, the following stand out:
- Oats: mix five tablespoons of rolled oats, one teaspoon of mild soap or liquid glycerin, two tablespoons of water, and three milk to form a paste. Then, wet a brush with the mixture with warm water and rub down the back with gentle movements to repeat it two times a week during the bath.
- Sodium bicarbonate and lemon: Mix four tablespoons of bicarbonate, the juice of a lemon, one teaspoon of neutral liquid soap, and four tablespoons of water until all the components are mixed. Then, apply it on the back, rubbing it in circular movements without exerting so much pressure. Let it rest in the area for a few minutes and wash with warm or hot water.
- Aloe vera: the gel contained in the aloe leaf is ideal for taking care of the skin, so it is recommended to place this gel on the back and leave it to act until it dries. This process must be repeated at least three times a week, although they can be more and even be repeated two times a day.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimples on the back: why they come out and how to eliminate them, we recommend entering our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.