Do you want to remove pimples from your back and chest once and for all? It is essential to clean the skin, exfoliation, proper dermatological treatments, a low-fat diet, and natural astringent products to achieve it quickly. In these areas of the body, acne can be more severe because the pores present are more prominent, and when they are clogged by excess sebum, it is typical for inflamed pimples and blackheads to appear. So that you can eliminate them and get flawless skin without a trace of impurities again, please take note of the advice we show in this FastlyHealarticle on how to remove pimples from the back and chest.
Pimples on the back and chest: causes
The skin on the back or chest has larger pores than the skin on the face, for example, so it is more likely to clog and appear pimples in these areas of the body. These impurities are due to the clogging of the pores by an accumulation of dead skin cells and natural skin oil, which favors the growth of bacteria in them and their subsequent inflammation. Next, we detail why pimples appear on the back and chest, showing which are the factors that increase the risk of presenting these impurities:
- Hormonal changes: acne is more common in stages of life in which significant hormonal changes are experienced, such as puberty, during the menstrual cycle, or menopause. At these times, there is a stimulation of the sebaceous glands, which secrete an excessive amount of sebum that ends up clogging the pores and causing the grains of this condition.
- Heredity: people with direct relatives who have suffered acne are more likely to develop this skin condition.
- Contact dermatitis: Using hygiene products or irritating tissues for the skin can cause pimples to appear on the back and chest.
- Inadequate diet: eating a diet high in fat and sugar can be a factor that influences the production of sebum, causing it to be greater and, therefore, pores to clog more easily.
- Excessive stress: going through episodes of anxiety causes hormonal alterations. The sebaceous glands may be more active and secrete a more significant amount of oil on the skin.
- Sweat: the accumulation of effort on the chest and back when we exercise or are exposed to high temperatures can cause irritation and clogging of the pores by mixing with the oil and toxins present in the skin.
- Very tight clothing: wearing clothing that is very tight to the body that does not allow the skin to breathe is also a factor that favors the formation of pimples and blackheads in these body areas.
Cleanses the skin, which is essential to remove pimples from the back and chest
If you have pimples on your back and chest, you must spend time cleaning the skin in these areas to prevent impurities from increasing in size and new ones from appearing. It is imperative that you do it correctly and uses the appropriate products, take note of the cleaning routine that you must carry out to remove pimples from the back quickly:
- Use a very mild, antibacterial, and oil-free cleansing soap that guarantees good skin hydration.
- Avoid using scented or fragranced soaps.
- Clean the skin with a natural sponge or a washcloth without rubbing the area roughly. Avoid conventional sponges, as these can accumulate bacteria and further aggravate pimples.
- You should always clean with warm water, neither too hot nor too cold.
- Cleansing soaps containing salicylic acid or glycolic acid are also great options for back and chest acne.
Exfoliate the back and chest weekly
In addition to cleaning, an excellent weekly exfoliation also helps you remove pimples from the back and chest. With it, you will eliminate all the accumulated dead cells, achieve a faster disappearance of these impurities, and prevent new ones from appearing. You can use a body scrub indicated for oily or acne-prone skin or prepare a natural one with astringent products that reduce excess sebum on the skin. Some good scrub options for the back and chest are:
- Oatmeal and lemon: Mix 2 tablespoons of ground-rolled oats with the juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/4 cup of water.
- Sugar and lemon: mix two tablespoons of sugar with the juice of 1 lemon and add a few drops of water to soften the paste obtained a bit.
- Kiwi and sugar: mix one kiwi without skin and crush with one tablespoon of sugar.
It would be best to do the exfoliation in the shower when the skin is moistened. You apply the exfoliating product with a natural sponge or by hand directly, making gentle circular massages for a few minutes. Then rinse the area with plenty of warm water.
Dermatological treatments for back acne
When acne is quite pronounced, it is best to get in the hands of a professional dermatologist and follow the treatment that they indicate. In this way, you will make sure to eliminate pimples from the back and chest permanently and without endangering the health of your skin. Among the medical treatments that are generally recommended, they are the following:
- Topical retinoid drugs: correct abnormal keratinization and are anti-inflammatory.
- Benzolium peroxide: prevents clogging of pores and eliminates bacteria responsible for skin infection.
- Topical antibiotics: destroy the bacteria that infect the pores and are often combined with benzolium peroxide to prevent the development of bacterial resistance.
- Azelaic acid: also helps to eliminate dead cells and kill bacteria. This is usually recommended for those who do not tolerate topical retinoids or benzolium peroxide well.
Home remedies for pimples on the back and chest
There are natural remedies to remove pimples from the back and chest that are very effective in cases of mild acne that can help you disinfect your skin and give back a much prettier and smoother back and neckline.
Honey and apple cider vinegar mask
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask to the area with pimples doing gentle circular massages.
- Let it act for about 15 minutes.
- After that time, remove with plenty of warm water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of powdered green clay with three tablespoons of mineral water in a glass, wooden, or ceramic container.
- Apply the mask to the pimples with your fingers.
- Let it work in the area until the clay has dried.
- Finally, rinse with lukewarm water.
- In a bowl, mix one tablespoon of baking soda with water.
- Apply the paste obtained to the area to be treated and let it act for about 10 minutes.
- The baking soda will help dry the pimples more quickly. After that time, remove with warm water.
- Mix the pulp of 2 aloe vera leaves or two large tablespoons of aloe vera gel with one freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Apply the mask to the area and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Lastly, wash the area with lukewarm water.
Don’t miss the article on home remedies for pimples if you want to discover more treatments like these.
Essential tips to eliminate pimples on the back and chest
- Do not wear very tight clothing that does not allow the skin to breathe. Since then, the pores will be more easily clogged.
- When you exercise or sweat, take a shower immediately to remove any sweat build-up.
- Take care of your diet and include foods rich in vitamins A, B3, and C, omega-3, and zinc in your diet. Avoid consuming very fatty foods and limit dairy products. In the following article, you can learn about which foods cause acne.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin free of toxins.
- Avoid popping or squeezing pimples or pimples, as this can further inflame them and leave unsightly scars on the skin.
- Change sheets frequently and wash them with a mild detergent.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to remove pimples from the back and chest, we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.